Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
Baofeng call ALINCO Sirio lincoln frequency yaesu display ss9900 9900 6900 meter software supply president callsign Mobile anytone 2022 power sign list chart Mckinley 2023 antenna
QRZ Database

80m net ???? any takers ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

80m net ???? any takers ? Empty
PostSubject: 80m net ???? any takers ?   80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2023 5:52 pm

just a thought is 80m any good for any of you had a bit of good radio on that band
 does 3.710 make a good net freq for every one as i have errrrr quite a lot of qrm further up the band ill give it a go any night after 1830 if anyone wants to try allways call CQ there and radio set to that freq when i go qrt
if anyone wants to try im allways there or on 10m or 11m

Kaosss and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: 80m net ???? any takers ?   80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 6:02 am

Sounds like a great idea there Jimmy but I've never had much luck even with scheduled Nets here at Charlie Tango. (There was the odd almost success on a 40m net tryout and was good to get hold of at least a couple of members.) My 80m reception is S7 plus of noise especially with the Xmas lights being up around the village at this time of year. 10/11m is another strange one in that you could be happily chatting to our Continental cousins but not hear the fella a few miles up the road!

I'd be happy to give it a random shot but I'm not the usual 400W-Hi-Hi low-down-dipole cloud-warming type of station. (If anything my unusual lawn mower lead antenna gives me a big dead zone 'locally' with European reception more than anything.)

Here's hoping you get some sort of success and others jump in to try. 80m net ???? any takers ? 1f44d

peewee norfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: 80m net ???? any takers ?   80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 7:37 am

Anything I have done on 80m and 160m to date has just been experimenting with wires very much too short for the bands. If I was at home and a CT net was running I would give a try, but the chances of me getting through on voice would be very low.

Until I manage to rig up something effective for 80m, I hope you have luck with other members. If you're looking to say hi to CT members, a 40m net has been tried a couple of times since I've been a member that has had some success here and there. Also, there has been a 40m Boxing Day net previously, I have managed to get through on one of those.. might take place again this year.

If no one looks they want to start a 80m net, you could also try the water by posting a note here saying you'll going to call out for CT members (but anyone is welcome) on or around a certain frequency at a certain time. I am sure no one would mind you posting that here, not a lot different to people spotting themselves for SOTA and POTA etc. You might get a few come back to you. If you do make QSOs you could discuss with those particular people if they'd like to start a net. Just a thought.

peewee norfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
babis3g
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
babis3g

Call Sign : 18-CT-006
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Corfu Greece, jm99ug
Equipment Used : PNI 6500 & Sirio Boomerang 27A

PostSubject: Re: 80m net ???? any takers ?   80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 1:15 am

Hi, at night times some Greeks use often this 160m band & also heard few Italians from time to time calling CQ with LSB, few days ago was Greeks at 1855 LSB but i am at Corfu Greece so is easy for me ... below down to 1710 heard very often Serbians & Greeks playing music
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLwycXZhdgesb28ovl5Umw
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 80m net ???? any takers ?   80m net ???? any takers ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80m net ???? any takers ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: