Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm by Vasilis

» NATO 2000 Restoration
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by micscave

» New Member (Issued)
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:30 pm by Mr T

» Help needed
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:28 pm by GaryWilson

» New member introduction. (Issued)
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:19 pm by stealth 57

» Request for CT Callsign (Issued)
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:11 pm by GaryWilson

» what was your first radio and antenna
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 am by stealth 57

» Anytone 6667
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 am by Razz229

» CB Radio Featured in Film and Tv
extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 am by Razz229

Keywords
software 2023 list chart anytone Mobile president Sirio 2022 lincoln 9900 Mckinley ss9900 ALINCO call power display frequency meter Baofeng supply sign callsign 6900 antenna yaesu
QRZ Database

extreme rotry tool

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

extreme rotry tool Empty
PostSubject: extreme rotry tool   extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 10:33 pm

hi i have a new rotary tool and its the generic type draper type looking for the right size quick change mini chuck the one i have will only fit a dremal original thanks for looking have a great christmas  paul and sarah
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

extreme rotry tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: extreme rotry tool   extreme rotry tool Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 6:35 am

Hi Paul,

I remember only too well the nightmare I had when I first got into mini rotary tools as everyone seemed to use different thread sizes from each other!

With everything from 9/32" x 40tpi (imperial) to M8 x 0.75mm (metric) and even another one somewhere in between it made buying accessories a bit of a problem. (I think M7 but with a different thread size from the others and I'm sure that's the Draper version.)

The only common ground was the neck shaft for when you screw on flexible drive shafts with the imperial being 3/4" - 12UN and the metric equivalent being 19mm x 2mm. As the metric equivalent is so close to the imperial (19.05mm x 2.117mm) they seem to fit each other quite well.

I now have a couple of flex shafts to do everything which fit all my tools being Proxxon, Dremel, Draper and a typical Chinese unit (which unusually has a  much higher power motor but far less torque). Each flex shaft has a different chuck one being the typical screw on collet affair and the other being a mini three pin chuck which I much prefer.

The nice thing about using that is the flex shafts are much easier to use but all the rotary tools will fit my many home made accessories such as router head, router table and a mini drill stand. (Nice for those micro holes or PCB work.) Being a lazy git I leave each of the rotary tools in their respective adapters preferring the smoothness of the Proxxon on the flex shaft for hand working.

Why do I have so many rotary tools? 
Family members went through a phase of buying them as gifts on Birthdays/Xmas as I'd gifted them wood carvings previously.

That's all gone off the rails for a radio forum hasn't it?
Not so when the carbide heads can make mincemeat out of steel, aluminium etc. and you need to cut the right size hole for the latest radio project or modification. Wink

Hope that helps Paul.

All the best to you and Sarah,

Victor

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

extreme rotry tool
Page 1 of 1