Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
callsign call power 2022 meter yaesu list 2023 chart Baofeng supply anytone frequency lincoln Mobile antenna Sirio ALINCO ss9900 software 9900 sign president display Mckinley 6900
QRZ Database

New member introduction the different way

Go down 
+5
John123
weealan
Victor
Alan Pilot
13CT30
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

New member introduction the different way  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 7:20 am

Hi Alex welcome to CTDX.

13CT30 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 am

Hello Alex,

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX group.

I was aware that there was historically a DX group heralding from Germany with the moniker of 'CT' but have to admit that this is the first time I have heard from a member of that group either on-air or online.

I am not the founder of this group but an active member and willing volunteer to the administration team (of several years) so can only give you my perspective from this groups activity.

On our records/call sign lists we have 13CT030 recorded as a Peter from Ottobrun but obviously no '13CT30' nor a registration for yourself until this time.

We could happily if you so wished allocate you a call sign for this group but I'm not sure if that's the message you are trying to put across and we would only be able to accommodate you with a freely available number on our call sign lists.

There does not seem to be any activity online after a search for 'Charly Tango' nor any structured organisation so I can only assume that apart from the historical aspect there may be a few (or many?) older members that hark from that time as is obvious in your case.

I used to be a 'FP' or Foxtrot Papa UK member way back in the 1980's which I only joined as they were a structured group with a P.O.Box facility aiding my then early forays into CB DX with QSL card facilities as well as regular meetings held physically in a hall. 

Since they are long gone and faded into history I was delighted to come across this Charlie Tango group on my return to the radio interest who do their very best to run a structured system online to assist and aid radio users. They also do not have a strict set of rules for membership welcoming everyone regardless of their radio interest whether that be CB, PMR, SWL, Digital or even indeed Amateur Radio. That aspect appealed to me the most and is overall a very pleasant group to be part of. (I wouldn't have volunteered so readily to assist them in their day to day running otherwise.)

The old 'FP' group I was a member of was also known as the 'Friendly People' but have to admit that this Charlie Tango group is as friendly as it gets and I proudly hold as well as utilise my call sign of 26CT3228. It's longer than my old call sign of FP67 but that remains a distant happy memory along with a few old QSL cards I still own bearing that moniker.

I'm pretty sure that as the famous 'Alfa Tango' group still remains active and organised that there would be confusion if someone came along with an 'Alpha Tango' group regardless of spelling, but that would be a different story if Alfa Tango had faded into the history books.

Either way I wish you a warm welcome and it's good to meet another old time DX'er. 

We do welcome all whether an 'old hand' or even indeed a completely new user venturing into the exciting world of the radio interest.

All the best,
Victor

Alan Pilot, Red Rooster LN-4614 and 13CT30 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
weealan
weealan

Call Sign : 108-CT-355
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Bathgate ,,locator IO85EV
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX 3000

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:51 pm

Quote :

Hello Victor ! 
Unfortunatly I just tried to P.M. you and got this: New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information

Well if this takes its time it simply takes time.  Very Happy
As soon it'll be possible I'll get you the link. Promised !

Is this the link you were trying to post ?

https://www.dx-charlytango.de/mitgliederliste.htm

Victor and 13CT30 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 5:34 pm

Hello again Alex,

You needen't worry about your English skills (which are very good) whereas "Mein Deutsch ist Nicht Gut".

Unfortunately I can also utilise "Ich Verstehe Nicht" as in I'm not completely understanding the reasoning behind your posting.

As I've only been an active member of this Charlie Tango group for about five years I'm going to pass on your details and this posting to one of our more long term admins. Unfortunately our founder has long disappeared but I believe one of the admin team members has been around since the inception of this Charlie Tango group.

I wish you well.

All the best,
Victor

13CT30 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 5:35 pm

Thanks for the link Alan (weealan) much appreciated mate. New member introduction the different way  1f44d

weealan likes this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 10:37 pm

Hello and welcome, Alex.

73s John.

13CT30 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 5:02 am

Alex,

I am indeed one of the administrators here at Charlie Tango but amongst a group of several fulfilling the role of a team serving the group as a whole. As such I cannot speak solely or indeed alone for any matters arising for the Charlie Tango group without their conference which I hope you understand.

Details of this posting and your group have been passed along to the rest of the administration team members which has already seen response by a few but not all at this present moment. When all of the team are aware and discussions have been held we will respond in kind especially as this matter concerns the group as a whole.

We may from there on need to confer with members of the Charlie Tango group especially those of long standing as well as currently active as even the administrators do not stand alone but only exist to serve the wider community that is the Charlie Tango DX group. Every member counts especially as they number in the multiple of thousands not only here in the UK but also Internationally.

We will be in contact in due course but obviously only after we have addressed your apparent proposals.

All the best,
Victor

CT Admin.

Mavic2Pro, DerekF, weealan and 13CT30 like this post

Back to top Go down
weealan
weealan

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 6:03 am

13CT30 wrote:
Alright then I also thank Alan for helping me with that link as well as I thank you Victor to get this post to an admin, for I thought you are one of them. Sorry, my wrong. But anyways once again thank you all for the welcomes. Today afternoon I've got a phone call with the admin of the German group as he said kinda joint venture between Germany and the U.K. would be highly appreciated. 
Future plan also includes to renew the German homepage with an english language section and a link to this forum. I know Rome wasn't built in one day but if we go step by step it could be an awesome relationship not only between both parties of us but also for the worldwide DX community out there at their radios. You might call me a dreamer but many great things have been discovered troughout dreams, don't they ?
And thanks for the flowers about my english Victor. 

weealan I've needed to edit your quote while unable to post links but thanks anyways. 73's

Hi Alex

May i ask your position in the "charly tango group",,ie,member,,moderator,,admin ?

cheers and best wishes
Alan
Back to top Go down
madmax
madmax

Call Sign : 13-CT-139
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Neustadt, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Equipment Used : Kenwood, Quansheng, CRT SS9900 v4, Dipole

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2024 1:29 pm

I got call sign 13CT139 but someone on the list is 13CT0139 Smile
The old member is from North Rhine-Westphalia, I haven't had the chance to hear him on CB...

73's Dejan

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2024 5:24 pm

madmax wrote:
I got call sign 13CT139 but someone on the list is 13CT0139 Smile
The old member is from North Rhine-Westphalia, I haven't had the chance to hear him on CB...

73's Dejan
Hello Dejan,

Don't worry this is a resurrected DX group from the 80's and 90's long since disbanded. Your call sign here belongs to you and no one else. 

If the "Charly Tango" group from germany gets back off the ground then a simple clarification between the two groups will be all that's needed.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Les-1, Victor, weealan and madmax like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
madmax
madmax

Call Sign : 13-CT-139
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Neustadt, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Equipment Used : Kenwood, Quansheng, CRT SS9900 v4, Dipole

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 5:05 pm

13CT30 wrote:
GaryWilson wrote:
madmax wrote:
I got call sign 13CT139 but someone on the list is 13CT0139 Smile

73's Dejan
Hello Dejan,

Don't worry this is a resurrected DX group from the 80's and 90's long since disbanded. Your call sign here belongs to you and no one else. 

If the "Charly Tango" group from germany gets back off the ground then a simple clarification between the two groups will be all that's needed.

Best 73 Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Alright Gary if all team members of this Charlie Tango group are thinking like you I must admit that my peace offer between those two parties will be ignored. The reason I came in here with this info is that simple as the U.K. group stole the idea of the German group which for fact still is active and wasn't death at any time. Just because the group's founder past away doesn't mean automatically the group as a whole will be long gone.
Call signs will be given for free as long those members will show their activity by giving the admin a shout at least one time in two years otherwise the call sign could be given away to an new member.
Now it'll be up to you guys how to handle my peace offer. If this isn't wanted, my ass. I am already a Charly Tango member with the originals. 
The best way to prevent double call signs could be the way of a membership in both groups. Note that all yellow flagged call signs are already inactive. In that case one shall apply for the wanted number. In case of 13CT139 that's impossible because the green flag shows an active status.

73's and best regards, Alex 13CT30
If he had been registered at least on clusterdx.nl, I would have known because then I wouldn't have been able to register with that callsign, so I would have requested a different callsign. Now I am registered under that callsign, I started logging contacts and exchanging QSL cards.
If you understand what I mean. I didn't approach this hobby to chat with a neighbor on the other side of town or to check in once every two years just so everyone knows I exist.
Ask your member if you are in contact with them what their opinion is on everything...

My opinion on this, as someone who is neither English nor German, is... let go of history, who came first, who is older, it leads nowhere.
The problem exists in the present and needs to be solved.
For all future callsigns, check both lists.

73's Dejan

GaryWilson, Victor and Mavic2Pro like this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 6:02 pm

Hello Alex,

What on earth are you talking about when you refer to a "Peace offer" There isn't any acrimony from here in the U.K.

Let me remind you that this DX group was founded in 2009 by Lee "FireTrap" who by coincidence is no longer and active member of the group. The Charlie Tango DX Group in the U.K was also registered for copyright at that time without any objection from yourselves. 

I have been involved with this DX group for 10 years and not once have I been contacted by anyone from the German group. I have however had ex members of the German group join here stating that they used to belong to the old German group before it disbanded. We also have life long radio operators as members who have also constantly stated an awareness of a German group from the 80's and 90's that is no longer active. I myself have been a radio operator since I was 16 years old and am now 60. I am predominantly active on the Amateur bands as opposed to 11 meters but I have never once met a single operator be it on 11 meters or anywhere else who has declared membership of "Charly Tango Germany" perhaps you can now see why we haven't been as receptive as you hoped we would be.

Frankly Alex you have joined our forum and used a username/call sign that has already been allocated by us to one of our own members. You have inserted in your profile picture the very same call sign promoting your own DX group demanding a merger for our mutual benefit citing that we have "stolen your idea". This is extraordinary and at the very least lacking any common courtesy or diplomacy.

We are an inclusive DX group that welcomes all from beginners to life long radio operators. Our forum is dedicated to radio in all its's forms whatever your interest in the hobby is. We don't charge any membership fees and the forum is run and maintained by a group of volunteers that give their time for free in the promotion of this great hobby. We always encourage and assist new members to learn and develop their radio knowledge and skills. Quite often returning C.B'ers who progress to being fully licenced Amataer radio opparators.

Lastly we have many thousands of members globally and we value them very much indeed. With respect to the 13 division in particular but to all of our members globally we absolutely stand by them and the call signs that we have issued to them during the 15 continuous years that this group has existed. Did you really expect us to turn our back on them?

Alex you are still welcome here however like any other member we expect you to read and abide by the rules of this club. I draw your attention in particular to the rules concerning advertising, self promotion and conduct when interacting with other members.

I am politely requesting that out of respect and courtesy to our member Peter 13-CT-030 that you change your user name and any reference to that particular call sign in your user profile. I will of course be delighted to allocate you any free 13 division call sign that you would like.

I thank you in advance for reading this message and giving it due consideration. We can and have always co existed in peace with all other DX groups and their members who we consider comrades with a common love of our hobby.

Best 73 to you and your family.

Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Last edited by GaryWilson on Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

John123, Les-1, Victor, Mavic2Pro and madmax like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
weealan
weealan

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 6:17 pm

Quote :
The best way to prevent double call signs could be the way of a membership in both groups. Note that all yellow flagged call signs are already inactive. In that case one shall apply for the wanted number. In case of 13CT139 that's impossible because the green flag shows an active status.

73's and best regards, Alex 13CT30

Hi Alex

just looked at the active members (green flag) of charly tango
and the count is as follows...

Germany 419 active members
Switzerland 4
Holland 7
England 1
Spain 1
Austria 19
San Marino 3
New Zealand 1
Australia 4
Serbia 1
Wales 1
Slovenia 1

Total 462 active members (green flag)

I was just wondering what the admin of charly tango would suggest to integrate / join the two groups ?
I know members of both groups will hold their call sign in high regard and are proud to use it on air
and most will be unwilling to change it if that call sign is already taken in either group.

cheers and best wishes
Alan

John123, GaryWilson, Les-1, Victor, Mavic2Pro, Red Rooster LN-4614, madmax and VanRougeT4 like this post

Back to top Go down
ghoshy2014
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
ghoshy2014

Call Sign : 26-CT-3796
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Warrington
Equipment Used : SS6900N

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 12:42 pm

Welcome Alex hope you have fun here
Back to top Go down
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

Call Sign : 14-CT-019 - G1DBS
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Montreuil sur Mer
Equipment Used : XIEGU G90 - President Lincoln 2 +

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 4:22 pm

13CT30 wrote:

You got that probably right Alan. No group of each can't merge into another while one put's out call signs also to SWL's not showing an active status and the other one does it the different way. I agree so far with you and my thoughts about being the friendly guy who tried to contact a group who are having the same intensions were probably silly as fu**k as I should have known how things like that would be turn out.
I am really sorry for you guys but as I've had already mentioned my "peace offer" has been made just because the previous officially registrated association Chaly Tango DX Group is still active as a world wide DX-Group and it isn't death at all. 
Well then it seems like you need to live with double issued call signs while you are unable to find another result. As a regular member of Charly Tango I reached out my hand for coorperation which wasn't even wanted by the admin of CT Germany.
If that is what you want, alright. Your choice !

Cheers, Alex 13CT30

To be honest, Alex, The similar call signs wasn't a problem (for me anyway) until you posted and seemed to think it is. You already said that the head person of your group doesn't speak English, and I suspect that is the same with most non English speaking users of your German group. The recognised international language on the air is English, so I guess most DXers around the world look for contacts in English. Personally, I don't see a problem with your smaller group continuing as you are. In my opinion, there's no need to merge with this one, or whatever you were hoping for. By the way, I can only speak for myself, but no need to feel sorry for me; I'm happy with this group and not at all worried about the possibility of my callsign being cloned by another group that I'd never heard of until yesterday. You're here and most welcome, so I guess you are happy being part of Charlie Tango, too.

Best 73

Deb

GaryWilson, Les-1, Victor, Mavic2Pro and weealan like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

***** ADMIN NOTICE *****

Alex,

I made a warm welcome to you from the very start as is the way with members of this Charlie Tango group.

After finally figuring out the intention of your original postings I notified you that I would be passing on details to the rest of the administration team for further discussion.

Unfortunately whilst this process has been going on you have made absurdly provocative postings towards both members of the group and the group as a whole. Considering your apparent intention of extending a friendly hand for the co-operation of both groups you have clearly failed in this aspect having neither the patience to await details of our discussions nor having any respect towards the people within this group.

We, (the administration team), had looked at several methods of how we could involve both groups for the better of our respective members including call sign number conflicts as well as maybe an invitation to the admin/moderation team here at Charlie Tango. These prospective talks are now clearly over after your outbursts inciting the attention of one of the other admin team members.

In this instance I ask that you abide by the rules of this Charlie Tango group for your own betterment as well as the smooth operation of our group in it's everyday tasks.

I therefore ask you to stop making provocative postings and to clear your profile picture which is clearly self promoting your group and against the rules we place upon this forum.

If this is not adhered to or any further infraction of the rules occur we will have no choice but to delete your account and place a ban upon you which would also include your IP address preventing any further discussion with yourself.

This is such a shame that you have taken this stance as we would have loved to have worked with other groups that stand organised for the betterment of their members with the fantastic hobby of the radio interest. We do after all share the same radio air-waves.

If further communication is provided by someone officially involved with the daily administration of the Charly-Tango group we may open further private discussion towards a mutual understanding but unfortunately it won't be with you.

This topic is now locked by admin to prevent further upset.

Lastly, I am very happy with the overall responses from members of our group towards a very difficult situation that arose with this apparent discussion.
I thank each and every one of you for your integrity and wish you well with your radio interests no matter what they may be.

Regards,
Victor

CT Admin.

***** END OF ADMIN NOTICE *****

John123, GaryWilson, Les-1, Tonyvic, Mavic2Pro, weealan and VanRougeT4 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member introduction the different way    New member introduction the different way  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member introduction the different way
Page 1 of 1