Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeToday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
call ss9900 anytone yaesu 2022 2023 6900 frequency chart president display Sirio ALINCO antenna callsign sign power supply 9900 meter Mobile Baofeng list Mckinley lincoln software
QRZ Database

SSTV on 10m ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

Call Sign : 14-CT-019 - G1DBS
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Montreuil sur Mer
Equipment Used : XIEGU G90 - President Lincoln 2 +

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 2:24 pm

After letting my licence lapse in the mid 90s I've applied for my G1 to be revived and I'm getting back into radio with my recently ordered, fully expanded, President Lincoln 2+.

Things were very different back in the day, especially if on a budget.

In a house where the only quiet space was a cupboard under the stairs, I spent many happy hours on 2m SSTV with a Sinclair Spectrum and ? (can't remember what the rig was).

I'd be interested in trying SSTV on 10m - anyone done this? Calling frequencies, Windows software etc?

Photo of my cramped shack in 1984.

Deb

SSTV on 10m ? 1983-411

Victor, SangueG and John79 like this post

Back to top Go down
weealan
weealan

Call Sign : 108-CT-355
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Bathgate ,,locator IO85EV
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX 3000

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 3:35 pm

Hi Deb

I don't know if you have facebook but there is a dedicated page for 10m sstv

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608693849285083/

Alan

Victor, SangueG and VanRougeT4 like this post

Back to top Go down
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Many thanks, Weealan, I'll investigate Very Happy  

Deb
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 5:25 pm

Love the nostalgic photo. I used Spectrums in the '80s too to send data, but that was on 11m, shhh Wink

I do occasionally do SSTV on 10m, I had one today into Russia. I have more luck on 20m, seems a lot busier on there, but 10m can be fun.

28.680MHz USB is the centre of activity, and I very rarely see anyone deviate from that spot, so can get very full and messy with signals. I use MMSSTV running on Windows. Max power just 10W, same max that I use for any digi modes and often phone modes, if the propagation is good then that does the job just fine.

If you haven't done any receiving of SSTV images for a while, then I hope you are not easily offended. There seems to be a trend of sending images that you'd see on covers of top shelf magazines. I am definitely not a prude, but I feel there's time and places for such material and transmitting for anyone to pick up at any time over ham radio is not it. That's all I'll say on that, other than if we do ever make contact then all you'll get from me is pics of my pets or bats if I'm doing quick black & white QSOs Smile

SSTV on 10m ? Sstv1010

Hope you get it set up and have some fun with it.

Victor and VanRougeT4 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2024 5:59 pm

Many thanks, SangueG.

Glad to know that SSTV is still a thing Smile I bought the Pres Lincoln 2 to get me back into the hobby without spending vast amounts of money until I have confirmation from OFCOM that my licence is active again. So I'm stuck with 10m - 11m - 12m, and the conditions look to be good over the next cpl years. Will probably invest in something for the other HF bands eventually. I do still have a 2m handheld that hasn't seen the light of day for nearly 30 years, I wonder if it still works.

I took a look at the FB site that Alan mentioned, and I agree the glitzy images are not in the best of taste for our hobby (my opinion). I'll have to decide on a theme for mine.

Back in the 80s I did have other computers, but the Spectrum was the only one you could address the audio output in the SSTV program that I used. Many today won't believe that you had to load software with a compact cassette.

Thanks also for info on the calling frequency. I'm in Northern France so not sure if propagation will allow, but will watch out for your bats and dog  Very Happy

Deb

Victor, SangueG and weealan like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SSTV on 10m ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSTV on 10m ?   SSTV on 10m ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSTV on 10m ?
Page 1 of 1