Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 3:28 pm by John H

» New Callsign Request
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 2:35 pm by Maxander

» MAAS DP-27 dipole antenna tuning
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 2:31 pm by FreqFreak

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeToday at 1:12 pm by 26CT1074

» Thunderpole Galaxy 5/8 antenna now operational
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by Lynton

» South Coast PMR net report
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 am by Razz229

» CT CALLSIGN APPLICATION (Issued)
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm by GaryWilson

» New callsing request (Issued)
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm by GaryWilson

» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign.. (Issued)
full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 6:43 pm by GaryWilson

Keywords
6900 antenna display president sign ALINCO yaesu lincoln frequency Baofeng callsign call chart 9900 power supply anytone software 2022 Mckinley list ss9900 meter Mobile Sirio 2023
QRZ Database

full licence !!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
peewee norfolk
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
peewee norfolk

Call Sign : 26-CT-4879 / M7PCA
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : North Walsham, JO02QU
Equipment Used : FT1000MP !!!!!!binatone 5*,alinco dx10 135,sirio4000,silver rod,G5RV,beofeng 17 pro max, X30 duel 2m/70cm,full size G5RV, TS120v,soon new toy

full licence !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: full licence !!!!!   full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

ARHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 1.5kw drowing me out every time got to love t he big stations, dont get me wrong all that power must be good but to block out 30 -40 kcs either side of the band there on and even more must be wrong esp for us little boys... but ill keep trying might be low power but still getting though every now and then best so far 4 hours of trying and yay they got back,,....... dedication or errrrrrr dare i say sad if you dont try you never know.....
intermidate next i think, turn the power up and see if it makes any differance
did hear our Neil on to italy today and kept trying didnt get the station he was taking to but two others on 10m so not all bad... still trying for 3goya ill keep trying on every band..... happy dx everyone and keep them radios on at all times you never know when its good for dx.......

VanRougeT4 and stealth 57 like this post

Back to top Go down
VanRougeT4
Contributor
Contributor
VanRougeT4

Call Sign : 14-CT-019 - G1DBS
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Montreuil sur Mer
Equipment Used : XIEGU G90 - President Lincoln 2 +

full licence !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: full licence !!!!!   full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 pm

I agree, it's annoying to be blocked out by such high power stations. I believe the max power on most HF bands for full licence holders in the UK is now 1000w, and higher in some countries. If that station is using a yagi on a rotator and it's pointed at you, that's a fairly high gain which could mean a very large signal coming your way.

But it is what it is and we must put up with it.

Personally, I get more satisfaction from a good DX contact with 20w from my G90 than I think I ever would using 1000 watts (which I have no intention of doing)

When I get the cabin/shack up and running in the summer, I may invest in an amp, but no more than 100w.

Deb
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

full licence !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: full licence !!!!!   full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm

VanRougeT4 wrote:
Personally, I get more satisfaction from a good DX contact with 20w from my G90 than I think I ever would using 1000 watts (which I have no intention of doing)
*this* full licence !!!!! 1f44d 

My opinion, is that very high power has its place, and it is important that at least some of us (hams) get experience of it. God forbid we ever have a national or wider afield disaster where all modern communication methods are wiped out, but if we did we may need to rely on these operators who have created such stations and are well practiced in using them.

For normal day to day use I am not interested in more power. I studied and passed my Intermediate as the next stage required in working towards Full. My reasons for working towards Full were that I would then have more supervisory privileges and I would be able to do remote operation over the net (I wanted to remote to my home station from my work). The extra power allowed was not a factor. With the recent licences changes granting these privileges to all levels, had these changes come in earlier I would not have taken the Intermediate exam, or at least not for a good while.

The new Foundation power levels are plenty enough for me to have fun with. If I was running hundreds of Watts and always breaking pileups, I would get bored very quickly and the contacts wouldn't feel like achievements to me. Liken it to completing the '80s arcade game Afterburner.. which I did, and boasted about to my mates.. who all didn't give a monkey's because they all saw that I put pound after pound after pound into it to keep continuing the game till I made it to the end. Had I made it to the end with just that first pound coin, then that would of been an achievement.

Keep at it Jimmy, you're doing great. Practice operating techniques to work around the big players. Play, experiment and peak your antenna systems to make them the best they can be. If you want to go Intermediate for higher power, then of course that's an option, but my opinion is that higher power on its own is not going to assist making contacts substantially.

peewee norfolk, VanRougeT4 and stealth 57 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

full licence !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: full licence !!!!!   full licence !!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am

How many can run this huge power and stay within the EMF directive???

peewee norfolk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

full licence !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: full licence !!!!!   full licence !!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

full licence !!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: