Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» SFI 303 low A and K !!!!
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:29 am by FreqFreak

» Homebrew Antenna/Rig Switches
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeToday at 4:01 am by Victor

» New introduction and callsign application (Issued)
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 10:28 pm by John123

» new call signe application (Issued)
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 10:25 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 9:08 pm by Razz229

» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 pm by John123

» University of Twente WEBSDR - Weird wide band signal on 10m
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 4:02 pm by VanRougeT4

» Is the midband enough
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 3:07 pm by Tony1091

» President Mckinley Vs Superstar 3900 - battle of the legal rigs
Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 10:14 am by Tony1091

Keywords
sign ALINCO chart Mobile lincoln display antenna president 9900 anytone yaesu frequency 2023 ss9900 software call Sirio 6900 meter Baofeng 2024 callsign list Mckinley power 2022
QRZ Database

Causing interference

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Franko 71

Call Sign : 108-CT-373
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Edinburgh
Equipment Used : Super Star 3900

Causing interference  Empty
PostSubject: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2024 4:22 pm

Hi Team,
It would appear when transmiting I'm able to turn motion activated LED Strip lights on and off in my house, also on SSB I can be heard on the good ladies computer Headset during Teams Calls ?  Shocked 
All Equipment is in the Shack located in back garden, Antenna is also located in back garden on an 8M Pole.
Still got the L PLATES on currently, so be kind  Laughing  
Any Advice / Ideas to remedy this would be much Appreciated 

Cheers
Franko

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 362
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Hi Franko,

Sheesh, how many kilowatts are you burning there?! Wink Causing interference  1f606 

I had a similar problem with my Ham activities to start with popping off the 'cheap-Chinese-LED-security-light' which was easily remedied by putting back the old light but I then upgraded the Halogen bulb to LED.  I could've stripped apart the lights electronics and maybe added RF choking into the PIR sensor circuits but wasn't worth the effort.....made a satisfying 'plonk' sound when it hit the bin.

Similar issues when my wife was working from home and she could hear my radio activity over her headset. Simple solution there of using a clip on ferrite onto the headset USB wiring (instead of the 'pretend' plastic moulding that was on there with no ferrite material at all! Shocked ) Two or three windings and clip it closed should solve that little problem, or at least it did for us.

This was back when I was using 10 Watts too!

More recently I treated my wife to a home stereo system for her Birthday (she loves a good blast out of her Northern Soul) and a similar issue reared it's ugly head now that I'm on 25 Watts of RF power. Same fix as for the headphones with some clip on ferrites onto the speaker leads right at the back of the stereo. Problem gone. Smile

Hopefully those ideas will help you out but make sure you get some good ferrites from a reputable dealer.....cheap 'Ama-zun' ones might leave you as bereft as the goods purchased from there in the first place. (Yep, station manager likes an online bargain and that's where the lights and headset came from. Rolling Eyes )

Let us all know if you get sorted. Causing interference  1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

Nightprowler, Franko 71 and stealth 57 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Franko 71

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2024 6:45 pm

Hi Victor, 
Many Thanks for getting back sir 
Kilowatts !!!? Laughing Laughing
Yes 25 W Is the trigger sir. Will deploy the Ferrites and report back.

Thanks Again

Franko

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Franko 71

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2024 5:18 pm

Hi Victor, 

Top Man ! The Ferrites have solved the Headset problem 100% Cool
As for the LED Strip lighting, They can be unplugged   Laughing
Every day is a School day on the Radio Sir

Many Thanks Victor

Franko

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2024 6:44 pm

Brilliant stuff there Franko and glad to hear that you at least sorted out some of the issues. Causing interference  1f44d 
(Always good to keep the 'station manager' happy.)

As you say the PIR lights can be unplugged - dumping mine in the bin was extreme but problem solved! Very Happy

Glad it was an easy fix for you (much as mine) and you can happily continue your radio activities.

I did buy extra clip on ferrites just in case a 'neighbourly' nose poked over the fence but have never once had a complaint from anyone so they sit spare just in case. Wink

Enjoy your radio activities.

Victor

Franko 71 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Franko 71

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2024 4:25 pm

Hi Victor, 

Yes, The LED's sensor etc is clearly just cheap cheap. Problem is, It's a strip built into each side of the Divan bed base, As you can imagine, My superior is less than Impressed with a Disco when she's trying to relax with a book, Of an evening  Shocked Laughing Laughing 
Can live with just unplugging. Causing interference  1f44d 

Good Shout with the extra Ferrites, It was a concern that this could be happening at a Neighbours also,
Not been approached thus far, so fingers crossed

I Will of course report back with any new developments  Causing interference  1f44d 

Franko

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2024 5:24 pm

Ha! Ha! That's too funny Franko! Very Happy Causing interference  1f606 

(Inadvertently become a peak reading RF power meter! Wink )

Hopefully you won't need the extra ferrites for any neighbourly woes (fingers crossed) as I've never had further issues even with the jump to 25 Watts. Causing interference  1f44d 

If you've read the forum for a bit you might know that up to now I've been running a bit of electric-lawn-mower-lead as a doublet antenna in my loft space and more recently I've upgraded.....to an outside clothes drying line! (Steel core works just as well as any copper does.)

When one of the neighbours asked what it was I replied with the obvious, "It's a washing line", to which they replied, "Bit high up isn't it?"

"Yes", I said, "I'm gonna buy the missus a trampoline next!" Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Causing interference  1f606 

Enjoy your radio. Causing interference  1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

Razz229, Les-1, Alan Pilot and Franko 71 like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 6:51 am

Like the trampoline idea Victor.
Must remember it the next time somebody ask's about the cobweb.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Causing interference    Causing interference  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Causing interference
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Multimode, Export and Sideband Radio-
Jump to: