Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» SFI 303 low A and K !!!!
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeToday at 11:29 am by FreqFreak

» Homebrew Antenna/Rig Switches
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeToday at 4:01 am by Victor

» New introduction and callsign application (Issued)
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 10:28 pm by John123

» new call signe application (Issued)
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 10:25 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 9:08 pm by Razz229

» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 pm by John123

» University of Twente WEBSDR - Weird wide band signal on 10m
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 4:02 pm by VanRougeT4

» Is the midband enough
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 3:07 pm by Tony1091

» President Mckinley Vs Superstar 3900 - battle of the legal rigs
Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2024 10:14 am by Tony1091

Keywords
antenna list 6900 callsign ss9900 2023 power sign president 2022 display chart Mckinley frequency yaesu call Mobile 9900 2024 ALINCO lincoln software Sirio anytone meter Baofeng
QRZ Database

Mobile antenna advice please.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Theramist
The_Theramist

Call Sign : 26-CT-5204
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chawleigh, Mid Devon
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, TTI TCB-560

Mobile antenna advice please.  Empty
PostSubject: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 12:09 pm

So I’ve got my rig setup in the car with a hatchback mount and Sigma Modulator which seems to get me some good reception but I’ve yet to get any responses to my calls. 
Yes it may be that I’m just in the middle of nowhere and only seem to be getting skip from Italy and Spain, but I’m wondering about a bigger antenna. 
Are the Red Devil antennas any good? Any better mobile antennas I should look at?

!m!

skipmaster and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-1079
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Walsall

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 5:42 pm

hi Marc i use A Sirio 4000 ive got a red devil it's probably slightly lower on recieve the devil compared to the sirio , i use the crt 9900 in my mobile and ive worked some good contacts , even on fm into europe also worked usa on band. And yes if your out in the sticks it might just be there isnt many people to talk to local good luck with the mobile and if your near to some big hill try that height does help sometimes 73's Mark

Razz229 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2024 7:12 am

I get better results from a Sirio 4000 on a magmount, on the car roof, parked between two caravans than I do with a Sirio boomerang on a 16 foot pole 🤷
9900 rig in the car .

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2024 9:49 am

Hi Marc

I use a Sirio 4000 on a mag mount and a early version of the Anytone AT-6666.

Can't fault the 4000 and in my personnel opinion don't think 5000 or the one with the LED's is worth the extra money.

Best 73

Ray 2290
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 10:58 am

The_Theramist wrote:
So I’ve got my rig setup in the car with a hatchback mount and Sigma Modulator which seems to get me some good reception but I’ve yet to get any responses to my calls. 
Yes it may be that I’m just in the middle of nowhere and only seem to be getting skip from Italy and Spain, but I’m wondering about a bigger antenna. 
Are the Red Devil antennas any good? Any better mobile antennas I should look at?

!m!

What rig are you using?
Back to top Go down
The_Theramist
The_Theramist

Call Sign : 26-CT-5204
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Chawleigh, Mid Devon
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, TTI TCB-560

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:
The_Theramist wrote:

!m!

What rig are you using?
I’m running a CRT SS9900. 

!m!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile antenna advice please.    Mobile antenna advice please.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobile antenna advice please.
Page 1 of 1