Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Multicore co-ax cable use
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeToday at 11:00 am by Purple Witch

» Are you sitting comfortably?
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeToday at 10:46 am by Hotel Zulu 253

» Hi to all :) (Issued)
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by Victor

» 11m Call sign request (Issued)
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:29 am by Victor

» HF Contacts 10m
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:15 am by Victor

» T2LT antenna solutions
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 11:40 pm by Zippy168

» Callsign Request (Issued)
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:22 pm by Victor

» Amateur Radio is an expensive hobby!.......?
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:18 pm by Victor

» Baluns not working
MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:55 pm by VanRougeT4

Keywords
list software ALINCO ss9900 lincoln chart frequency meter 6900 power anytone 2011 9900 Sirio Mckinley 2024 president 2022 callsign 2023 sign display antenna call yaesu supply
QRZ Database

MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Empty
PostSubject: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2024 11:23 am

Can not find much feed back about this radio, found the MOD info on SMITHWISORD, any body have feed back about this radio ?

https://www.rxtx.fi/paavalikko/moonraker-titan-10m-radioamatooriradio/p/103011/

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
TamGlasgow
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 108-CT-370 & MM3TAM
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Clydebank, Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900, Leixen 2/70

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2024 7:44 pm

glenn dog wrote:
Can not find much feed back about this radio, found the MOD info on SMITHWISORD, any body have feed back about this radio ?

https://www.rxtx.fi/paavalikko/moonraker-titan-10m-radioamatooriradio/p/103011/
If you use FB have a look here HAM CB RADIO EQUIPMENT CORNWALL | Facebook

Basically, the retailer sent all their stock back to Moonraker and refunded their customers.
Part of the post explaining findings

"RX very good , front end a bit OTT S meter way OTT. FM TX Audio Very low AM is worse, SSB also low. RF power low is 2.2w as i go up to 50% power is 3w 60% 2w 70% 3.1w then the last 30% jumps to 28w so needs sorting
Nice radio, but only when its sorted, so so so easy to work puts President to shame
on that point."

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 6:16 am

Hi Glenn,

It's look quite a smart little radio doesn't it? MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO 1f44d 

I'm sure I came across a similar looking model as this a few years back badged as something else. It's the 'sunglasses-eyes' aspect of the front fascia that looks recognisable.

I'm not knocking the information that Tam has provided (Hiya Tam) but the feedback provided there is a little vague. 

It mentions that the reception is very good but the front end is 'OTT', so do they mean the side channel rejection? If so where is the measurement data? Similarly do they provide micro-volt measurements or calibration points for the 'OTT' S-meter readings? I've never had different radios actually match each other on the S-meter readings apart from the agreed standard of 50uV or -73dBm for an S9 reading. Even then only sometimes.

There's also mention of the logarithmic nature of the output power control which I know personally wouldn't find to be much of an issue really especially for CB use unless you were pumping into a typical cheap linear. Maybe that's more of a 'Ham' complaint than anything? (Or maybe it was their antenna impedance if not connected to a dummy load?)

They then go on to say it's a "nice radio" but then complain about it. Which is it to be?

It might be worth finding out someone else's opinion who actually owns and operates this radio to see what they think of it but their input may be coloured by such poor wordings. Hopefully someone can give you further information here on the forum.

I must admit after having a good old gander at it and availability/prices it may well land up on my list of CB preferred choices of my own shopping list. (Only if Santa agrees I've been a good boy. Wink )

Again, not knocking you there Tam and thanks for providing whatever information you could to assist another member. It's all good stuff. MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO 1f44d 

I wish you well there Glenn and if you do decide to purchase one it would be great if you could provide some feedback or reports yourself. I know I would certainly for one appreciate such information.

All the best,
Victor

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 30
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 11:20 am

Victor wrote:

I'm sure I came across a similar looking model as this a few years back badged as something else. It's the 'sunglasses-eyes' aspect of the front fascia that looks recognisable.

Hi Victor

The radios you are thinking about are the Magnum One or Maxlog M-8900.

Looking at the Moonraker web site £149.95 for a possible "export CB" is an amazing price.

https://moonrakeronline.com/moonraker-titan-10m-mobile-transceiver

Ray 2290

Back to top Go down
TamGlasgow
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 108-CT-370 & MM3TAM
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Clydebank, Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900, Leixen 2/70

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 8:05 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi Glenn,

It's look quite a smart little radio doesn't it? MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO 1f44d 

I'm not knocking the information that Tam has provided (Hiya Tam) but the feedback provided there is a little vague. 

It mentions that the reception is very good but the front end is 'OTT', so do they mean the side channel rejection? If so where is the measurement data? Similarly do they provide micro-volt measurements or calibration points for the 'OTT' S-meter readings? I've never had different radios actually match each other on the S-meter readings apart from the agreed standard of 50uV or -73dBm for an S9 reading. Even then only sometimes.

There's also mention of the logarithmic nature of the output power control which I know personally wouldn't find to be much of an issue really especially for CB use unless you were pumping into a typical cheap linear. Maybe that's more of a 'Ham' complaint than anything? (Or maybe it was their antenna impedance if not connected to a dummy load?)

They then go on to say it's a "nice radio" but then complain about it. Which is it to be?

It might be worth finding out someone else's opinion who actually owns and operates this radio to see what they think of it but their input may be coloured by such poor wordings. Hopefully someone can give you further information here on the forum.

I must admit after having a good old gander at it and availability/prices it may well land up on my list of CB preferred choices of my own shopping list. (Only if Santa agrees I've been a good boy. Wink )

Again, not knocking you there Tam and thanks for providing whatever information you could to assist another member. It's all good stuff. MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO 1f44d 

I wish you well there Glenn and if you do decide to purchase one it would be great if you could provide some feedback or reports yourself. I know I would certainly for one appreciate such information.

All the best,
Victor

Hi Victor,

I lifted that from the FB page and posted for Glenn, I have no experience of this rig at all.
I'm thinking but could be wrong but this retailer is PJBOX, anyway the guy who posted is called Lin Jones(If that means anything to some people).

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 4:17 am

Hi Tam,

No worries there my friend it's all good. MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO 1f44d 

It just all seemed a bit too vague to be taken seriously as a 'review' of this particular radio whoever reported it.

All the best to you,
Victor

TamGlasgow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 4:23 am

Hi Ray,

It does seem that this radio has been released under many different model names under its design history and looks like it goes back for a few years too. Not that is an issue as often good design lasts the test of time.

You're right though, for the price it looks like a good contender and I'm definitely keeping it on my shopping list as a possibility.

Thanks for nudging the old noggin, it does need a good kick now and then. Wink

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 and glenn dog like this post

Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 12:54 pm

Thanks for all the information regarding my post, still thinking about it.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO   MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOONRAKER TITAN 1O M RADIO
Page 1 of 1