Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
frequency ss9900 yaesu president antenna callsign Mobile Baofeng display ALINCO anytone list power Sirio supply Mckinley sign 2023 software 6900 meter 9900 call 2022 chart lincoln
QRZ Database

Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Retro Shed
The Retro Shed

Call Sign : 26-CT-3401
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Redditch, Worcestershire, UK
Equipment Used : Grant II, Uniden 200, Lincoln Mk1 & 2, K40, Sirio Gainmaster

callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Empty
PostSubject: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 10:29 am

Hi, I'm a returning radio user, I'm not sure why, but glad I did. I became interested again shortly after Christmas and setup back in the car with a Grant 2 and my trusty K40.
I'm based in Redditch, Worcestershire and so far the radio has been very quiet where I am. Then again, Redditch is in a, err... ditch, so that's probably why.

I used to be mobile and home based in Kings Norton, Birmingham back in the mid 80's when the radio was buzzing with local users.
I lost interest in the early 90's and sold a ton of kit that I wish I had hung onto. I used to have Uniden 200, Midland 3001, Colt 485 DX Black Shadow and Avanti Sigma 4 on the parents roof!

I'm into old retro computers, technology and consoles as well as radio and host a Youtube channel with my son called The Retro Shed.
Check us out if you're interested in such things!

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheRetroShed

I'm looking to get a CT callsign and looking to get into it again.
Suspect I will to turn off all my LED lighting and WiFI points down in the shed as I won't hear a thing through all that mess.

Stay safe and look forward to taking part in the forums!

Barry
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 344
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Hello Barry, welcome to the forum.

Really nice intro buddy. I for one share your interest in retro computing and still own a couple of Commodore Amiga's as well as regularly using Retro pi on my raspberry Pi. I've given your Youtube channel a sub.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-3401 may you have good luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi Barry, welcome to the CTDX group
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
The Retro Shed
The Retro Shed

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Plus thanks for the sub Gary. We never push for those to be honest, we're very much of the opinion that if you like someone's content, you naturally return for me. Makes me cringe when people constantly bang on about subscribing to their channel. But thanks!

Cheers for the call sign, looking forward to taking that for a spin next week when the home base antenna arrives.

PS: The Commodore Amiga is the finest computer in the world. In my opinion! Have 5 of them currently and I spent many many happy hours on mine. Not just for games, but the demos and art I used to create on Deluxe Paint.

Stay safe you lot!
Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 46
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Barry and a very warm welcome to the group

Remember my Amiga 1200 well and spent many hours on Deluxe paint

Cheers N beers

Craig CT Admin 73
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 344
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi Barry,

I subbed out of genuine interest buddy it's right up my street. I have an A1200 and an A600 The 1200 has a 030 expansion with some extra ram the 600 just some extra ram and a hard disc drive. Yes gaming was just one of the strengths of the Amiga they were truly groundbreaking. Demos!!! Jesus on e's is one of my favorites!!!

Craig I still have a copy of Deluxe Paint not that I was any good at using it but what fun we all had!!!

Stay safe Barry and let us know how you get on when that antenna is up!!

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 145
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Hello and welcome, Barry.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
The Retro Shed
The Retro Shed

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 3:43 pm

So, I've taken the High Gain rod down, not really performing very well and went for a Sirio Gainmaster. Once I'd measured it all out and trimmed it, SWR is about 1:1.2 and its now sat on 21 feet of pole, anchored into 3.5 foot on concrete. Seperately earthed, as concrete is not the best conductor, its working a treat. Have worked Ital, Portugal, France, Germany so far...
Happy with the setup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)    callsign - Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to All! Callsign Request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1