Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
rf output power Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
Mobile list Baofeng Sirio Mckinley supply chart meter anytone antenna frequency lincoln 2022 2023 ss9900 yaesu call power ALINCO software 6900 president display 9900 callsign sign
QRZ Database

rf output power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: rf output power   rf output power Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 4:45 pm

hi i have a new crt ss6900n multimode 10 meter transceiver i need to reduce the rf output inside the rig as i want it to drive my 4 meter transverter aprox half a watt ssb/fm  thanks for looking stay safe do radio 73s paul m0kbd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: Re: rf output power   rf output power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 10:12 am

Hi Paul,

Apart from the external RF power settings there isn't a lot you can do inside the radio that wouldn't require extensive electronic 'surgery'.
There are three service jumpers on the PA stage of the 6900 but these are to disable the PA altogether and two jumpers for setting the biasing to each of the final MOSFETs as they are run in a parallel pair. (Not a push-pull as some suggest!)

You could maybe run a tap from the first PA MOSFET but you would also have to match your impedance with additional circuitry as well as provide an additional low pass filter arrangement. Again, not simple.

The simplest answer is an external attenuator or RF PAD but you'll have to make sure it's more than powerful enough to handle your power dropping requirements. These can be expensive. You could of course build one using a 'Pi' or 'T' resistor networks but you'll need high power resistors that are inductance free such as RF carbon composites and again these we expensive.

There are RF attenuators available on eBay at cheap prices, these are usually a board populated with surface mount resistors. They are low power devices, (<10W), so not much help. I've seen plenty of those 'beauties' with the board burned out!

So sorry mate, not really any simple solutions I can think of. My own HF set has a linear switch and separate RF output for things like external linears or transvertors but it's not something usually found on 'CB' type radios.

All the best,
Victor

rabbi and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: crt ss 6900n to use with transverters   rf output power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Shocked
hi victor thanks for your reply i think maybe selling this radio as it is new with a new extra mic and extra mobile mounting kit i used it once i think i may be able to use a mk 1 lincolin  or some other 10 meter mobile rig with digital frequency read out i have a kenwood ts 2000x but it whould tie up the ts2000x by its cold in stockton on tees 73s paul m0kbd
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: Re: rf output power   rf output power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 2:39 pm

No worries Paul, I hope you get sorted. Just another headache in the day of life for a radio hobbyist Wink

Keep yourself warm up there!

73s
Victor

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: Re: rf output power   rf output power Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 pm

hi victor i will sell on the crt ss6900n i have aquired a kenwood ts 480 sat the crt puts out 45 watts ssb  nice looking 10 meter set but i will sell it on thanks stay safe do radio 73s paul m0kbd

Victor and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rf output power Empty
PostSubject: Re: rf output power   rf output power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rf output power
Page 1 of 1