Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeToday at 8:29 am by chazwozza

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
software Sirio president chart power call anytone ss9900 Baofeng Mckinley frequency 9900 lincoln ALINCO yaesu Mobile antenna 2023 supply 2022 display callsign list sign 6900 meter
QRZ Database

How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 28
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Empty
PostSubject: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 11:04 am

Hello all

Does anybody know a way to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have if bought second hand with no manual?

Can you identify it by the serial number?

I have searched here and on the interweb and have only found 4 different versions of programming software (which don't help).

Ray
CT 2290 & CI2290
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 11:26 am

Should say on the board if you take the bottom cover off.
I think.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a TYT TH-9800, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Should say on the board if you take the bottom cover off.
I think.

Hi Alan

Nothing on either side of the board.

Have found the board number and date.

QZ6666PCB1

Serial number is Q0820A151200218
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Looked and looked but can't find out how you tell.

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 2:58 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Looked and looked but can't find out how you tell.

To quote Toyah Wilcox

IT'S A MYSTERY

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Don't know for sure Ray never having one but they do look like a generic design - CRT SS9900 / Dynascan 10M66 etc.

I don't think they changed much, (without access to a schematic), apart from apparent frequency range which on the earlier radios was supposedly limited and had a 'export' jumper on the board. The latter V.4 I believe doesn't have that jumper and can be set by a simple button press/power on combo for 'export' mode.
(Wouldn't surprise me if the earlier units could go down to the 12m band but limited via firmware/software which has been through a few revisions.)

The board markings look like "QZ" - QuanZhou Leixen as the designer or manufacturer, "6666" obviously the model and "PCB1" being the first version printed circuit board design. The following number could well be a design/manufacture date of 21st November 2015 and the serial number made up in a similar fashion. (Looks like December 2015, unit 00218, with area codes - sounds about right considering the Leixen manufacturers state up to 50,000 units production capacity per run.)

That doesn't mean it's necessarily been in use since 2015 as it could easily have sat in storage or a shipping container for several years. Harbouring goods and selling at a later inflated price makes sense if the storage is cheap enough. Wink

All of that is just an educated guess from my time in the electronics industry Ray and probably of no help to you whatsoever(!) Like everyone else I could see no rhyme or reason for the apparent 'revisions'. I suppose the proof of the pudding would be in what version you can program it with but wouldn't be surprised if it'd take any of the versions. (Apart from the export mode jumper inside the radio maybe limiting to V.3 or earlier.)

Fun stuff - Most radios are manufactured in the Far East being China, Taiwan, the Philippines and even Vietnam!
CRT may be French, Albrecht may be German but none of that guarantees their C.O.O. or Country Of Origin. Legal pursuits are in place for distributors to name C.O.O. purely on a taxation and even environmental impact.

Heck, they've been doing it for a number of years - my 40 year old Yaesu FT757gx was manufactured in Germany and probably never even saw the shores of Japan! (Think Sommerkamp who at that time had 'pick-and-place' manufacturing capability for what was then a complicated radio to squeeze in an ahem, small footprint of the time.)
The only reason I know it's the latest version was due to restoring it and seeing all the cut tracks and extra components added to the bottom of the PCB's!!! Very Happy

....Sometimes the 'version' number is simply a software/firmware update, maybe a better 'bin' component installed or even a manufacturer modification/fix. Often there's no difference...including what it's badged as. Wink

All the best, (and excuse the 'waffle'),
Victor

Razz229, Alan Pilot and Tristar like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 7:29 am

Makes sense that does Victor.
You could just download a version of the software and see if it will read from the radio.
If it does read then it should write plus it's free so you could take it out if it doesn't work and try another version.
But as Victor said could well be V1 so start with the software for that v1 board.

Razz229 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 10:20 am

Victor wrote:
Don't know for sure Ray never having one but they do look like a generic design - CRT SS9900 / Dynascan 10M66 etc.

I don't think they changed much, (without access to a schematic), apart from apparent frequency range which on the earlier radios was supposedly limited and had a 'export' jumper on the board. The latter V.4 I believe doesn't have that jumper and can be set by a simple button press/power on combo for 'export' mode.
(Wouldn't surprise me if the earlier units could go down to the 12m band but limited via firmware/software which has been through a few revisions.)

The board markings look like "QZ" - QuanZhou Leixen as the designer or manufacturer, "6666" obviously the model and "PCB1" being the first version printed circuit board design. The following number could well be a design/manufacture date of 21st November 2015 and the serial number made up in a similar fashion. (Looks like December 2015, unit 00218, with area codes - sounds about right considering the Leixen manufacturers state up to 50,000 units production capacity per run.)

That doesn't mean it's necessarily been in use since 2015 as it could easily have sat in storage or a shipping container for several years. Harbouring goods and selling at a later inflated price makes sense if the storage is cheap enough. Wink

All of that is just an educated guess from my time in the electronics industry Ray and probably of no help to you whatsoever(!) Like everyone else I could see no rhyme or reason for the apparent 'revisions'. I suppose the proof of the pudding would be in what version you can program it with but wouldn't be surprised if it'd take any of the versions. (Apart from the export mode jumper inside the radio maybe limiting to V.3 or earlier.)

Fun stuff - Most radios are manufactured in the Far East being China, Taiwan, the Philippines and even Vietnam!
CRT may be French, Albrecht may be German but none of that guarantees their C.O.O. or Country Of Origin. Legal pursuits are in place for distributors to name C.O.O. purely on a taxation and even environmental impact.

Heck, they've been doing it for a number of years - my 40 year old Yaesu FT757gx was manufactured in Germany and probably never even saw the shores of Japan! (Think Sommerkamp who at that time had 'pick-and-place' manufacturing capability for what was then a complicated radio to squeeze in an ahem, small footprint of the time.)
The only reason I know it's the latest version was due to restoring it and seeing all the cut tracks and extra components added to the bottom of the PCB's!!! Very Happy

....Sometimes the 'version' number is simply a software/firmware update, maybe a better 'bin' component installed or even a manufacturer modification/fix. Often there's no difference...including what it's badged as. Wink

All the best, (and excuse the 'waffle'),
Victor

Cheers Victor anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? 1f44d 

The first line of your waffle gave me an idea. Stop looking for the Anytone version and look  anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? 1f50e  for the CRT or Team versions of the radio for the answer.

And "voila", I find on YouTube the TEAM version of radio but with a bit missing, the DTMF board and it's spot on the menu (could this be a V1?) so back to YouTube and then I remember that M0ogy Dave did a review of the Anytone back in 2014 and when I watched his video, no DTMF board. 
So my uneducated guess is that I have a V2 onwards radio.

Alan Pilot wrote:
Makes sense that does Victor.
You could just download a version of the software and see if it will read from the radio.
If it does read then it should write plus it's free so you could take it out if it doesn't work and try another version.
But as Victor said could well be V1 so start with the software for that v1 board.

Hi Alan

Would installing and uninstalling different versions mess up the radio?
Can the radio be reset back to factory default if it does?

Seems like 1 question answered (maybe) and 2 more made.

Thank you Both

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Installing the software won't do anything to the radio.
If it sees the radio and can read it then bob's your auntie.
If not then try another version.

Razz229 and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Nice one Ray. anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? 1f44d 

Always glad if some of my waffle actually comes in useful. Wink

Well done with finding out further information with the lateral thinking. I did wonder if the CTCSS was an option due to it looking like a separate 'plug in' board akin to what they used to do on the Amateur kit of old. 

I think Alan's suggestion in spot on as in using the PC software to perform a read and see if a version number is heralded from the radios firmware. Otherwise I think your assumptions could may well be probably right. If you ever do feel that the radio firmware/software update isn't right you can always factory reset the radio which will probably reset it back to Ham bands only settings but then go on from there.

Do let us know how you get on as I'm sure Alan would be just as intrigued as me but also anyone else reading this or coming across it in the future.

All the very best,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 pm

I will looking into the V2 & V2.2 software first and see what the differences are, then update with
my tails of woe or triumph!

Victor and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?   anytone - How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to identify what version Anytone AT-6666 you have?
Page 1 of 1