Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» New call sign request
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:41 pm by spod

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 pm by Razz229

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 8:42 pm by Razz229

Keywords
ALINCO meter Mobile software lincoln frequency 6900 supply sign 9900 anytone Mckinley callsign chart yaesu Baofeng Sirio call 2022 antenna display president ss9900 2023 list power
QRZ Database

Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022   2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:19 am

Hi All,

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying your radio. 2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 1f44d 

I wrote a little while back about Slow Scan Television, (SSTV), transmissions from the International Space Station, (ISS). Link as follows :-

ISS SSTV

There is due to be some more transmissions from the Russian module over the next couple of days :-

http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/2022/02/moscow-aviation-institute-sstv.html

I've not had much luck with decoding full images due to local interference but the best part of even the failed experiences was getting one of my grand children involved. She enthusiastically sat with me fascinated by the squeals and trills coming through the speakers of my ancient Yaesu FT290r and at a later date armed with a simple Baofeng UV5r in the garden.

Now, this was not without other context. 
I had previously sat with her armed with a tablet showing images of the International Space Station and living in a matriarchal household, (Wife, two daughters, five granddaughters, one grandson!), we had concentrated on female astronauts. This was the hook because despite sexist attitudes being slowly eroded she couldn't believe a 'lady' would be in space.....God knows what they teach them in schools?!?

Unfortunately another older granddaughter couldn't avert her eyes for a moment from Tik-Tok, Roblox and other mobile phone activities. Rolling Eyes (The emoji shows the look I often get!) The others preoccupied with childhood activities and the grandson bouncing of the walls exploring his 'masculine' abilities. That seems to be his preoccupation since starting school and mixing with other 'boys'.

But for one granddaughter normally buried in a world of unicorns, rainbows and computer animated films it opened her eyes to other possibilities, a 'make-believe' that could or does actually happen. That can't be a bad thing.

Amazing things happen with our 'old technology' of radio, youngsters forgetting Bluetooth, 4G, Wi-Fi etc. is also actually radio. Wink

If you want to give the ISS a try you'd best think about doing over the next few years because it won't be long before it gracefully retires as a fireball in the sky......

https://www.space.com/how-to-destroy-a-space-station-safely

All the best,
Victor

Alan Pilot, omcintyre and welshee like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Call Sign : 108-CT-1529 2M0AIV
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Castle Douglas, Scotland
Equipment Used : SS9900

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022   2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:55 pm

Victor

I did indeed spend some time on two of the passes over decoding the sstv signals from the ISS.  with moderate success very grainy pictures with interference.  however, the next time it announces the ISS will be operating SSTV then i am going to digitally record the signals and then decode them at my leisure.  Hopefully this will make for better pictures as i can then process the noise out of the transmission, it was very noisy on that frequency at my location.  I will let you know how i get on. Andy 108ct1529

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022   2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Hi Andy,

Great to hear that you tried decoding the ISS SSTV signals. 2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 1f44d 

Like you my previous attempts have been fraught with interference problems. It doesn't help that I'm almost sat on top of my local 2m repeater which spits out at 145.7875MHz!!

Not that I should complain as it's my only radio link at the moment after losing all my loft antennas due to roof repairs and re-tiling. Had everything from 80m to 70cm up there and all totally trashed, wouldn't mind but I installed most of it before becoming disabled and later additions were thanks to volunteers. 'Gutted' would be an understatement! Sad

Anyway, well done and I think your recording idea is great. Please do let us know how you get on as it would be good to hear and any decoded images posted up would be awesome.

All the best,
Victor

Bloodhound likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022   2022 - Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming ISS SSTV Transmissions Feb 2022
Page 1 of 1