Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m dxcc ......
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» First dx in 40 plus years
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 pm by John123

» Multimode mobile antenna
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
supply list antenna 2022 software president 6900 power frequency chart yaesu lincoln Sirio call ALINCO 2023 Mobile display meter 9900 anytone Baofeng ss9900 Mckinley sign callsign
QRZ Database

Band open strong yesterday

Go down 
+3
NUBSTER
MrFendt
Cozzmik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

Call Sign : 26-CT-465/OP-465/FB-012
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Kenwood ts570dg/Yaesu ft450d/Rm-kl400/Sirio 4000

Band open strong yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:21 am

Yesterday was a good day on 11m with France/Italy/Spain/Sweden/Norway/Ireland all worked with ease..

Huge signals from 29/68 divs at approx 7.30pm to 8pm ish on ssb and uk fm.

Cads (irish churches) strong on uk fm ch 20

Listen out guys as there is hopefully some more of the same today

73 Sam
Back to top Go down
MrFendt
MrFendt

Call Sign : 29-CT-024
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Ireland/Germany
Equipment Used : Team CB/FX mobile & 1.5m orbitor. Sirio HP 4000/Maas DP-27 & Grant 2 premium

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 7:43 am

Always wondered why they broadcast church services on CB, heard it a few times and was totally surprised Laughing

Mark
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
MrFendt
MrFendt

Equipment Used : Team CB/FX mobile & 1.5m orbitor. Sirio HP 4000/Maas DP-27 & Grant 2 premium

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 8:44 am

NUBSTER wrote:
https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Community_Audio_Distribution_Service

If you feel like having a read Mark this might explain

Really interesting stuff ! I cant believe there's a demand for this but i ts nice. I d love to know what churches broadcast around Ireland.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:18 am

Religious folk who live in the sticks get the benefit of a church service without the need to travel to church and its a good gauge for us that the band is open to 29/68 divs..

I have been told the churches use A99`s and a simple rig but the way they often come over id say they are using some power or divine intervention to help boost their signal..Channel 20 ukfm seems popular
Back to top Go down
MrFendt
MrFendt

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:57 am

Cant be many people still that isolated they need to use this but I guess if they're still broadcasting there must be someone using it. Jesus is their amplifier Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alan - Mirror Man
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna ZS6BKW X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 11:48 am

Ireland is somewhere I am yet to hear but good reports from many other European countries I am pleased to say.
Each time I see your profile picture it reminds me of when I used to operate with a Sigma 4 the whole thing reaching around seventy feet in the air with several guy wires to secure it and earthed to 2 metres of copper tubing hammered into the ground.
I think you would be hard pushed to beat this antenna I only took it down to replace it with a four-element Yagi and an Antron on the chimney, if my neighbours were a little more relaxed I would use one again but one curtain twitcher actively seeks things to complain about...a sign of the times!
Back to top Go down
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3550 Ham:- M7DEW
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield West Yorkshire. UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-450D. CRT SS 6900n. CRT Micron

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Not heard anything up here in my kneck of the woods Sleep
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Cozzmik wrote:

I have been told the churches use A99`s and a simple rig but the way they often come over id say they are using some power or divine intervention to help boost their signal..Channel 20 ukfm seems  popular

If it's on the roof/tower/spire they've the advantage of height. Once moved a mate's A99 from a pole on the single storey extension of his house to the top of the 3 storey back wall on the main house and it made a massive difference to his strength to local contacts.
Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:12 pm

NUBSTER wrote:
Cozzmik wrote:
Religious folk who live in the sticks get the benefit of a church service without the need to travel to church and its a good gauge for us that the band is open to 29/68 divs..

I have been told the churches use A99`s and a simple rig but the way they often come over id say they are using some power or divine intervention to help boost their signal..Channel 20 ukfm seems  popular
I would love to know if they are using just a simple rig what make of outputs are fitted as there constantly keyed up while the service is being transmitted  they must get hot and some of church services go on for a long time Sleep lol

Good point,

They do tx for a while dont they but as we know even 4w with the right conditions work.

@Alan i still have a yagi 3 ele and while it worked very well i prefer a vertical antenna and with zero noise here the Vector 4k does a great job,tbh my A99 also did very well and is used portable now.
My Vector is on approx 25ft to base but with a clear view from here to Canary Wharf i do ok groundwave and dx..Some 108 div heard this morning but the window wasnt open long.
Back to top Go down
Alan - Mirror Man
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan - Mirror Man

Call Sign : 108CT233
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Central Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900 Beofeng UV5R Yaesu FTDX1200 CRT Micron CRT FP00 Sattelite 2000 antenna ZS6BKW X30 co-linear

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Funny you should mention that I am just off the radio where I heard two guys in Portsmouth chatting away. One QSK got me in to both stations Graham and Stuart (It was chatty and informal) and just like talking to a couple of local stations.
My own antenna a Sattelite 2000 (half wave vertical with ringo style tuning) is only on twenty feet of extension poles in the back garden just now and I am getting out surprisingly well which leaves me hoping for even better things once it is on the gable end and a little higher up.
I did very well with the beam landing many distant contacts on the 20w output from my Uniden 28-30 back in the day, unfortunately I don't see my nieghbours tolerating one these days.

Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 4:53 pm

I have been lucky to have worked most of the world over the years but short hop skip to Cornwall/Scotland/Ireland etc always gives me the biggest buzz..

Well that and a qso with a guy in New Zealand sitting in his jeep on the beach and a qsk from a fella in Paraguay while i was having a qso with a fellow CT member..both back in 2014
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 145
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:29 pm

I made some good contacts into Europe on Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 145
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Cozzmik wrote:
I have been lucky to have worked most of the world over the years but short hop skip to Cornwall/Scotland/Ireland etc always gives me the biggest buzz..

Well that and a qso with a guy in New Zealand sitting in his jeep on the beach and a qsk from a fella in Paraguay while i was having a qso with a fellow CT member..both back in 2014

Cracking contact into New Zealand, Sam. 41 Div still eludes me. I worked Mick 43CT007 from Perth on my old Superstar 360fm (less than 20w) and the Sirio 4000 on the car. My favorite one is Johnno 43CT004 from Wagga Wagga (SE Aus)on the ft450d and my trusty Sirio again. I think that was 2013 or 2014.
Back to top Go down
Cozzmik
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Cozzmik

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 6:29 am

John123 wrote:
Cozzmik wrote:

Cracking contact into New Zealand, Sam. 41 Div still eludes me. I worked Mick 43CT007 from Perth on my old Superstar 360fm (less than 20w) and the Sirio 4000 on the car. My favorite one is Johnno 43CT004 from Wagga Wagga (SE Aus)on the ft450d and my trusty Sirio again. I think that was 2013 or 2014.

Good stuff John,
Johnno was a regular last solar cycle,looking forward to those times again..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band open strong yesterday   Band open strong yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band open strong yesterday
Page 1 of 1