Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
New eQSL Email Service: Exchange eQSL cards quickly and easily with your very own eQSL email address like this... 26CT000@eQSL.me or 26CT000@charlietango.co.uk - See Latest News forum for more details.
Latest Buxton 2020 News: Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to cancel this year's Buxton date. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CRT 3900 - 27.305 on channel 16
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 8:09 pm by Alan Pilot

» EMC ?? - You have to Smile
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 7:33 pm by Victor

» CRT SS7900 Audio Issue
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 1:40 pm by Red Fox

» Lidl 16 Channel PMR446
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 12:49 pm by glenn dog

» Hi all new member - CT Callsign Request Please (Issued)
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 9:50 am by HullPMRDX

» New Member (Issued)
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 6:12 am by StevieG

» New Member - Call Sign Please (Issued)
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeToday at 6:11 am by StevieG

» Internal SWR meters......accurate or not?
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:38 pm by Alan - Mirror Man

» is it legal to :-
Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:02 pm by John123

Keywords
list radio president antenna ALINCO midland lincoln Mobile 6900n ss9900 chart frequency 9900 call division Buxton tickets yaesu alan callsign sign power Sirio Mckinley bazooka Calling
QRZ Database

Airlite 62 Headset modification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
richf
richf

Call Sign : 163-CT-067
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : SE Wales
Equipment Used : FT450D

Airlite 62 Headset modification Empty
PostSubject: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 5:41 pm

I have read good reports on modified Airlite 62 headsets.
Has anyone carried out this modification?
I would like to hear how you got on if you did.

Rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228
Times Thanked : 42
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi Richard,

They're supposed to be great bits of kit and if you like the old headset/mic combination then all is good.
(Me personally, it's big old extension speaker and handheld mic!)

You're gonna have to do a bit of wire tracing on them and wire them up accordingly. Fine if you're up for that sort of thing Wink

This was about the best I could find about converting them :-

RSGB - Airline 62 conversion pdf

Hope that helps.
(Perhaps someone who's done it or used them can give you more feedback in operation.)

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richf
richf

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Victor,

Thanks for the information, It's not my speciality but I think I will give it a go.

Thanks again,

Richard

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am

Hi Richard,

No worries my friend, always nice to try something new Smile

I've since spoken to a Ham friend who reckons these Airline headsets are the Dog's B's without having to fork out the ridiculous prices places charge for "professional" headsets. After looking at some prices I agree!
Sure, you could work out an 'hourly rate' for your time in converting them but we usually do these things for the love of it. After all, we don't charge our loved ones an hourly rate for the things we do for them Wink

Take it as a challenge for yourself, it's just a few more wires than rewiring a three pin mains plug. You could even make an adapter 'box' and that way you could use these great headsets on any radio you have or will ever have.

I know from recent DX QSO's with our European counterparts that they relish this sort of stuff, often telling me about their  homemade mic solutions with great pride. I'm sure they all had massive smiles giving me this info, especially when I tell them "well done, your TX audio is fantastic!" Smile

Anyway, best of luck with it.

73's
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richf
richf

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Victor,

I have been looking on and off for months now for the right one.

There are a few out there and the one I have coming is new.

I will tell you more about it and if it lives up to expectation when it arrives.

73's

Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Nice one Richard.

Yeah, please keep us updated. Be nice to see how you get on with them and also may be of benefit to others.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rabbi

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 5:37 pm

hi i bought my airlite  headset for 50p at a rally years past i cut off the din plug then traced the wires to each l/r headphones i found out each is seprate so i wired to a 9mm jack plug on my ts 2000x works fine i did not wire up the boom mic  just tied it back the cable can be quite stif so i put a mono 9mm line socket with thin audio coax to 9mm/3.5mm jack plug i used it when i was producing the local talking news for the blind there are a good relieable pice of kit let me know how you get on and if you use the boom mic 73s paul m0kbd
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airlite 62 Headset modification   Airlite 62 Headset modification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airlite 62 Headset modification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Amateur Discussions-
Jump to: