Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT call sign (Issued)
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by babis3g

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
software president Sirio yaesu antenna anytone 2022 callsign meter 6900 Baofeng sign frequency supply call chart lincoln display power ALINCO Mobile Mckinley 9900 2023 list ss9900
QRZ Database

Changes for myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

Call Sign : 26ct2767
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Swindon
Equipment Used : Yaesu ft818 , yaesu 8900r , yaesu ft950, stalker 9

Changes for myself  Empty
PostSubject: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 pm

Some of you may know I was about to pack in radio becoming bored / fed up with hf . After a few months thinking I have decided just to pack up on hf so I sold my yaesu 950 . Too much of a decent clean untouched rig to open up . 

I have got myself a president Lincoln mk1 to use on 11 and 10m to use at home and I have had my stalker 9 fdx serviced to use mobile and portable.  

Few ideas about building a moxon also and getting the antron up also . 

So the radio hobby is not all being lost for me  Smile

John123, glenn dog, Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 1:18 am

Good stuff, Matt.👍

Lots of good contacts to be had on 11m. So many people coming back to cb at the moment.😎

glenn dog and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 1:25 am

I have switched on just for a listen with a sirio 4000 and most times the skip has been running . 

So i decided to concentrate on 11/10 and 2m

Paddy and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 am

Must be something in the air. I took exactly the same decision a few weeks ago for the very same reasons and sold up all my HF gear save a Cobwebb and a Hustler 5BTV just in case.

Got myself a McKinley, threw up my old Imax which had been in the garage for a decade and have been having a wail of a time both on 11m and 10m. Had a proper ragchew with a GI station on 10m last weekend for must have been half an hour with the McKinley, strange how I never seemed to get anything other than 5/9 73 QRZ when I had proper HF gear.

glenn dog and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 6:12 am

Northern Crusader wrote:
Must be something in the air. I took exactly the same decision a few weeks ago for the very same reasons and sold up all my HF gear save a Cobwebb and a Hustler 5BTV just in case.

Got myself a McKinley, threw up my old Imax which had been in the garage for a decade and have been having a wail of a time both on 11m and 10m. Had a proper ragchew with a GI station on 10m last weekend for must have been half an hour with the McKinley, strange how I never seemed to get anything other than 5/9 73 QRZ when I had proper HF gear.

Before I took my foundation I had the opinion there would alot of  rag chewing on hf and straight after foundation did intermediate 2 months after been licenced just over 2 years now and think given enough time to realise I dont want to contest or give a signal report and tell someone what the weather is and my rig then qrz . That's at the longest qso scenario. 

80m I have been on with a comprised antenna but mainly the older generation talking about their blood pressure etc and what tablets they just been told to take by the doctor lol !

I'm just going to chuck my antron up and my get a imax in the future . Also I'm not sure if need to but if need a tuner for 10m I was thinking to get a little manual tuner but will see .

glenn dog, Victor and Alan - Mirror Man like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 9:54 am

Hi Matt,

I'm glad that at least you haven't lost your interest or love for radio completely Smile

I can understand your points about amateur HF having heard all your examples you mention as a shortwave listener. I don't half miss a decent rag chew even just as a spectator 'sport' Wink

After turning my back on CB too many years ago I've been thrilled with it all recently and especially the summer skip. 
Sure you get the same, "5/9 73s QRZ" from some at times but usually they all want a bit more from a QSO which, when propogation allows, is an absolute joy!

My best QSOs recently have been on mid-band/Euro/CEPT with some surprised young Germans. They couldn't believe their little CBs and antennas were booming into the UK and especially enjoyed practicing their English whilst laughing at my poor German language skills Very Happy
Not once was a signal report given apart from the German youngsters screaming, "Oh my God, you are so clear, like you are right here!"
Bl**dy marvelous stuff!

Keep enjoying it Matt, post your videos, your tips and anything else radio. I for one enjoy being a spectator on your adventures.

All the best mate,
Victor

Matt86, Templar, glenn dog and Nik70UK like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 10:05 am

Victor wrote:
Hi Matt,

I'm glad that at least you haven't lost your interest or love for radio completely Smile

I can understand your points about amateur HF having heard all your examples you mention as a shortwave listener. I don't half miss a decent rag chew even just as a spectator 'sport' Wink

After turning my back on CB too many years ago I've been thrilled with it all recently and especially the summer skip. 
Sure you get the same, "5/9 73s QRZ" from some at times but usually they all want a bit more from a QSO which, when propogation allows, is an absolute joy!

My best QSOs recently have been on mid-band/Euro/CEPT with some surprised young Germans. They couldn't believe their little CBs and antennas were booming into the UK and especially enjoyed practicing their English whilst laughing at my poor German language skills Very Happy
Not once was a signal report given apart from the German youngsters screaming, "Oh my God, you are so clear, like you are right here!"
Bl**dy marvelous stuff!

Keep enjoying it Matt, post your videos, your tips and anything else radio. I for one enjoy being a spectator on your adventures.

All the best mate,
Victor

Thanks victor for the encouraging words . 

I take it you are subscribed to my channel then ? 

At somepoint please make yourself know  buddy . I think il need to do a video updating channel as alot of hams on the who moaned about cb related videos 

Take care mate
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 10:27 am

No worries Matt,

It's just a pat on the back for who you are and what you do. Deservedly so.

I am a subscriber to your YouTube channel and pretty sure I made a comment about one of your antenna experiments(?)
Just recently changed my YouTube name to include my Charlie Tango callsign, (proudly so!) Hopefully I'll stick out like a sore thumb from now Wink

As for Hams that moan about CB related stuff, let them sit in the past where many belong, (BR68ers). 
Luckily the world has people like yourself and others that are not only Hams, but good CBers too.

Yourself and others like you here on Charlie Tangos has taught me an important lesson.... you're not all a**holes when it comes to the mention of CB radio. It is just after all just 'radio' and we should stick together, learn from each other and realise we're one and the same.

All the best,
Victor

Matt86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Matt86
CT Directors
CT Directors
Matt86

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 10:47 am

Victor even before licenced I didn't bad mouth hams off or moan about cb all that gets on my wick is rude people , idiots people who run others down and a calling frequency  is a calling for a reason not to have a chat on 145.500 . I been qrp on a sota summit and had stations trying to talk over me a few times . 

I happily give anyone help or advice with anything.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes for myself    Changes for myself  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes for myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-
Jump to: