Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what radio do you wish you never sold
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:04 pm by tspirawk@gmail.com

» First dx in 40 plus years
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeToday at 10:01 pm by Nightprowler

» Antenna Required.
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

Keywords
lincoln sign list 9900 software president 6900 call ss9900 yaesu ALINCO power Sirio Mckinley chart Mobile Baofeng anytone frequency callsign antenna 2022 display supply meter 2023
QRZ Database

yaesu to icom microphone wiring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-1079
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Walsall

yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Empty
PostSubject: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 9:34 am

hi all need help please i have a studio mic wired yaesu well at least the lead is it has a ptt button on it a lead to the behringer mixer and an eight pin mic plug , anyone know if there is some sort of crossover lead yaesu to icom as im not confident to rewire the plug , different tx rx plus a voltage thing if i read up correctly any help would be appreciated thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi Mark,

Sounds like a simple ask from you, but unfortunately not enough information.....

You mention the Yaesu 8 pin but fail to mention what Icom you want to attach to, (8 pin? RJ45?)

There are adapters available but it looks like at first hand only available from the States, (pricey!) A brief search showed no UK results but maybe someone knows different.

If you really can't manage a rewire yourself then maybe someone you know or a local electronics service shop could help?

But.....a caveat.....

Here's a link to HeilSound :-

HeilSound Icom

As you can see in that info it's not just a straight forward job of 'plugging in' a microphone.
(Simple sounding stuff never flipping is! Wink)

Not much help I know but shows that an apparently simple question doesn't always have a simple answer.

(Personally I don't get all the boom mic/studio mic setups, every setup I've heard is boastfully proclaimed and usually sounds flipping terrible. AM transmission....OK, sounds different, SSB splatters everywhere and the same can be said for FM also. Give me a clear old style telephonic transmission anyday....much easier on my ears Smile But that's just my own opinion Wink)

Hope you get to where you want with it.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:00 pm

hi Victor yes i know it sounds straightforward ... if only and it is 8 pin to 8 pin ive seen the american ones but just thought maybe a little closer , im not desperate but the mixer is there from a previous use so i thought id try it and agreed ive heard some very poor efforts also  Very Happy oh and i was looking for the icom pro even though ive had good audio reports anyway cheers Mark  cheers
Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Icoms use electret mics. You can use dynamic mikes on them but you'll need to put a DC blocking capacitor in line with the audio in pin to block off the 8VDC that runs on that pin on the Icom to power the mic element in an electret.

Paddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi Mark,

Yeah...if only Very Happy

There does seem to be a current vogue for studio mics at the moment and unfortunately many set them up completely wrong, it not being as easy as it seems. I'm sure when done properly they must sound great.

I did chat to a Lima Radio breaker from Austria on this summers skip who built his own mic setup using a Beringer guitar pedal equaliser. Apart from the room echo it did sound OK and he proudly spoke of how he set about building it. He said my audio was fantastic and asked what mic I was running.......He laughed like mad that I was running the standard Yaesu fist mic Very Happy

Anyway, I hope you get sorted mate whether it being someone to solder it up for you or you braving the soldering iron yourself.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:41 pm

ok thanks Connor dont think i will try that one but cheers anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Victor i have an mfj mic on at the moment and the fist mic was fine but i will not mess with things i know nothing about "if its not broke dont fix it " thats my motto cheers Mark Exclamation

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 pm

I don't blame you Mark, that's a good mantra to have Smile

73s
Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am

Northern Crusader wrote:
Icoms use electret mics. You can use dynamic mikes on them but you'll need to put a DC blocking capacitor in line with the audio in pin to block off the 8VDC that runs on that pin on the Icom to power the mic element in an electret.

Thanks Conor, I was thinking there was a difference in the Elements? Couldn’t remember the names though.

Rotel240

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 10:26 am

Try this chap    https://shop.technofix.uk/ also has a ebay site, I have had cross over leads off him and they are good quality, as said above the icom mics are not straight forward so I would leave it to the someone that knows what they are doing. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
skipmaster
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Thanks for the link still havent got one sorted but getting good reports off the mfj so i will wait till i get someone who knows what they are doing thanks to every one who replied  Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yaesu to icom microphone wiring    yaesu to icom microphone wiring  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yaesu to icom microphone wiring
Page 1 of 1