Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Your Amateur station is unique....but just how good is it?
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeToday at 7:59 am by Victor

» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by SangueG

» New shack in operation.
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:45 am by SangueG

» Galaxy Saturn modification ( -5khz )
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:54 pm by John123

» Static/noise
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by John123

» President Himalaya wb half wave
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:45 pm by John79

» South Coast PMR net report
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 pm by Razz229

» 11m conditions
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:50 pm by John123

» Gainmaster 5/8
Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:06 pm by madmax

Keywords
power Sirio 2023 2024 yaesu call 6900 2022 display list 9900 sign software Baofeng callsign president lincoln anytone chart ss9900 antenna ALINCO meter frequency Mobile Mckinley
QRZ Database

Simulation of sleeve antennas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

Call Sign : 19-CT-024 / PD0GOL
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Steenwijk, JO32bs
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-897D, CB silver rod as mutiband HF antenna, OSJ-pole for 2m/70cm, MFJ-925 tuner

Simulation of sleeve antennas? Empty
PostSubject: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 10:00 am

I'm using CocoaNEC for antenna simulation (the only one for Apple?) and was wondering how other users simulate the outer sleeve, just 4,6 or 8 connected wires parallel to the center conductor or is there a smarter/easier way?

Karel
Back to top Go down
HenryHPSD

Call Sign : 19CT249 19DX348 PG0DX
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : opende
Equipment Used : JRC enthusiast variable antennas

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:52 am

I believe there are more versions for Mac ...Mininecpro ? and possibly a few others.

In 4Nec2 you have the option to construct a cilinder with the "grid" you want.
Perhaps that is of use for you ? (maybe you can copy past the "wires" into CocoaNec?)

Keep in mind, the pitfalls of NEC2 when dealing with closed spaced wires and acute angles.
(described in the manual)

Kind regards, Henry 19DX348/19CT249 (think u are about 30Km away from me hi).

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-897D, CB silver rod as mutiband HF antenna, OSJ-pole for 2m/70cm, MFJ-925 tuner

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks, i'll look into that. I remember my son Henk made contact to Opende, perhaps that was you?
Back to top Go down
The DB
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member

Times Thanked : 5

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 4:09 pm

If you have a PC based Mac, you can run 4Nec2 through Wine.  Unfortunately, Mac's are now transitioning away from being PC based...

The DB
Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 6:42 pm

I have a MacBook Air which i got from my work and our IT department doesn't allow other operating systems or simulators being installed on it. As a result ( and of course costs) i now give my 3D drawing courses using Onshape (online 3D drawing). Does anyone know about online antenna modelling software? BTW i like the C language used in CocoaNEC.

Back to top Go down
HenryHPSD

Call Sign : 19CT249 19DX348 PG0DX
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : opende
Equipment Used : JRC enthusiast variable antennas

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:02 am

Hello, 

I dont recall any online software programs.... well...there are some "online yagi calculators"
But they are not really recommandable 
Well...maybe as an "introduction" to the world modelling ...to get a "hang" of the terms and and to get a general idea of how it works.

There are some open source EMfield calculators, but the learning curve is hard besides the time taken to calculate versus the purpose for most "radio" users isnt worth the effort.

If anyone starts with modeling I think most would just recommend to use 4NEC2 and go from there.
(there are good "tutorials" on youtube etc) .
In case of MAC your on the rigth path hi.

It could very well be your son worked me, though that migth have been a while ago i guess?....im not really active. Sometimes on FM with the sproadic E skip, just to enjoy "the good old days" :-) or sometimes for a "quick" hello to test an antenna or something.

Kind regards, Henry 19CT249 19DX348
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simulation of sleeve antennas?   Simulation of sleeve antennas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simulation of sleeve antennas?
Page 1 of 1