Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» gre 225 radio scanner
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeToday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

Keywords
sign president Mckinley meter call Sirio power ALINCO Mobile supply chart yaesu 6900 software lincoln 2022 2023 list anytone display callsign ss9900 frequency Baofeng antenna 9900
QRZ Database

Radio Magazines online copies and resources

Go down 
+4
43CT016
Alan Pilot
Seasick
Victor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Empty
PostSubject: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 11:36 am

Hi all,

After happily reading through my box of Radcom magazines a friend recently gave me, I had a taste for more reading!

I came across this fantastic resource from some Australian Amateurs who had painstakingly scanned copies of 'Amateur' Radio' magazine from 1933 to 2013 and made them available online.
(They even helpfully provided a searchable index - fantastic work!)

I've enjoyed browsing through reading the history of our fellow Hams on the other side of the globe as well as enjoying the technical articles and home-brew projects. Especially the older home-brew articles with components you can see and handle, (flipping surface mount!), and don't require a plethora of PC hardware to program some microprocessor or other! Wink

Anyway, may provide some interest to a few of you.

Link as follows :-

https://armag.vk6uu.id.au/index.html

All the best,
Victor

Last edited by Victor on Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title change to encapsulate further resources)

John123, Alan Pilot and Seasick like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 12:10 pm

Any interest in freeradio? if so take a look at.

https://archive.org/details/Radio-Magazines/Airsounds_1981_Issue_3_July_by_Stuart_Hardy

There are dozens of free radio magazines there, including the excellent Anoraks UK.

John123, GaryWilson and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Nice find that Victor.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Nice one Nick, I'd forgotten about the 'Internet Archive' project.

It may be worth my while making a posting to encapsulate these sort of links for people to add to and grow a wealth of information linking. Leave it with me Wink
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 3:25 pm

Cheers Alan.

It wasn't a resource I'd come across before hence why posting it up. Just as well I haven't got a printer, there's hundreds of articles for things I'd like to build on there! (Would cost a fortune in paper and ink! Very Happy)

Glad you found it useful mate 👍
Back to top Go down
Seasick
Contributor
Contributor
Seasick

Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Norfolk
Equipment Used : Uniden BCT 15X

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Anoraks UK, including some of their audio adverts. 

http://www.dxarchive.com/press_anoraks_uk_index.html
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 3:46 am

Victor wrote:
Hi all,

After happily reading through my box of Radcom magazines a friend recently gave me, I had a taste for more reading!

I came across this fantastic resource from some Australian Amateurs who had painstakingly scanned copies of 'Amateur' Radio' magazine from 1933 to 2013 and made them available online.
(They even helpfully provided a searchable index - fantastic work!)

I've enjoyed browsing through reading the history of our fellow Hams on the other side of the globe as well as enjoying the technical articles and home-brew projects. Especially the older home-brew articles with components you can see and handle, (flipping surface mount!), and don't require a plethora of PC hardware to program some microprocessor or other! Wink

Anyway, may provide some interest to a few of you.

Link as follows :-

https://armag.vk6uu.id.au/index.html

All the best,
Victor

The mag is still going strong...free to WIA members, or purchasable from newsagents for non-members.

There's also a downloadable PDF version for members.

Here's a Canadian one to keep you busy too:  https://ve7sar.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-march-april-2021-communicator.html

glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:35 am

Nice one Jeff 👍

I've really enjoyed reading through the Australian Amateur Radio magazines back catalog and pleased that such a great publication is still running strong. It's definitely given me a whole list of projects to get on with, a great learning experience and overall interesting read. (Was especially interested in how you guys got on with the EMC regs quite some time back now!)

Thanks for another great resource with the link you provided there, I'm sure the Canadian magazine will be another wonderful wealth of knowledge too.

Well, if anything, it saves me the indignant look from my wife of trying to cram another box full of dusty mags into my radio room! Very Happy

Thanks again guys for the great links, I hope many others find this all as useful as I have and if anyone else knows of such a resource then please post it on up.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:45 am

I've changed the posting title to more accurately describe the expansion of links and titles provided.

If you have a link to similar resources then please feel free to add to this posting. I'm sure we'd all very much appreciate it.

glenn dog and Alan Pilot like this post

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 pm

All mentions of good magazines there Christopher but unfortunately no legally free online versions.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

Call Sign : 108 ct 302 - mm0ibe
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Prestonpans. East Lothian
Equipment Used : SS9900

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 pm

Practical Wireless - July 2021 PDF download free (magazinelib.com)

Search around this site for more radio mags Practcal Wireless, Radio User etc.

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm

That looks interesting Paul, but I have to ask - is that a legal site?
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 12:16 am

Nice find, Victor. I missed that, first time around.👍

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Some great resources here Victor and all the link providers, thank you all.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sgt Bilko
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sgt Bilko

Call Sign : 108 ct 302 - mm0ibe
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Prestonpans. East Lothian
Equipment Used : SS9900

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Hi Victor. Not exactly sure but most mags are in there for download.

Back copies of Radio User and PW available as well.

Paul.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio Magazines online copies and resources   radio - Radio Magazines online copies and resources Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio Magazines online copies and resources
Page 1 of 1