Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeToday at 6:08 am by SangueG

» EU conditions have started
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
ss9900 Mobile Sirio list 2023 supply ALINCO yaesu Mckinley power lincoln president call antenna display sign software 9900 meter frequency anytone callsign Baofeng 2022 6900 chart
QRZ Database

Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
29CT063

Call Sign : 29-CT-063
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Cork Ireland
Equipment Used : crt ss9900 with anton99

antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Empty
PostSubject: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi all .been a long while since I posted CT.
Looking at different  cb mag mount antennas.

Want to take off whip part and leave the mag mount with remaining base on vehicle when not using cb. 
Cb will be disconnected when whip is taken off.
Need removable whip as I go to buildings for work would have to take off .but would like to leave rest on vehicle with just whip part taken off.

Looking at few 
 Siro performer 5000 with mag mount.
Wilson 1000 mag mounted 
Wilson 5000 mag mounted
K40. Mag mounted

Stryker sr A10 mm mag mount.

Cheers in advance.
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 am

Wilson for me work well, had 1 for over 20 years now, on and of many house roof for local radio contacts, bought a new 1 this Spring for the car, working well so far.

29CT063 likes this post

Back to top Go down
29CT063

PostSubject: Re: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 9:09 am

glenn dog wrote:
Wilson for me work well, had 1 for over 20 years now, on and of many house roof for local radio contacts, bought a new 1 this Spring for the car, working well so far.
Cheers for that.
Which Wilson antenna you got.
Mini ,1000 or 5000
Looking at 5000
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am

WILSON 1000 MAG at home for local and 1 on the car, all so a PRESIDENT MISSOURI CB27, for day to day cb radio, Wilson if the skip is floating around, very happy with the 1000, great twig.
Back to top Go down
29CT063

PostSubject: Re: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 11:01 am

glenn dog wrote:
WILSON 1000 MAG at home for local and 1 on the car, all so a PRESIDENT MISSOURI CB27, for day to day cb radio, Wilson if the skip is floating around, very happy with the 1000, great twig.
Was aiming at one of Wilson's 1000 or 5000. The Wilson 1000 nice kit. Was also looking at k40 but I was told Wilson is better.
Like the Wilson as can screw off the mag mount and put cover on connection .

Like the Stryker sr A10 antenna too but expensive by time I get it here with customs fees from States .

Like the siro performer 5000 as can be disconnected at base but be afraid to loose wing bolt .

Wilson 1000 looks good.good size and performance reading reviews

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Coyote
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 2-CT-216
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Palmdale California
Equipment Used : Base RCI 2950 Mirage, Mirage M75 Amatuer Bi-Linear Amplifier,with a Antron 99 base station antenna, Mobile radio Cobra 29 LTD Classic and Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Antenna, Marko F100 Amplifier.

PostSubject: Mobile mag mount antenna.    antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2023 3:56 am

Personally i prefer the Wilson 1000, i've gotten pretty good reports from DX contacts with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount   antenna - Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for mobile CB antenna that I can remove whip and leave mag mount
Page 1 of 1