Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by John H

» CT Call Sign Request - Accrington (Issued)
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:01 pm by Tarot

» hi, I am Indonesia cb ers. my callsign JZ10JEN ..I want have dx callsign.. (Information requested)
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:54 pm by GaryWilson

» CT CALLSIGN APPLICATION
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:06 pm by BlueZinc

» New call sign request (Issued)
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:00 pm by spod

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by Nightprowler

» EU conditions have started
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by babis3g

» New callsing request
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:05 pm by Miliko

» SSTV v Contest Stations
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:59 am by MM0IMC

Keywords
president Baofeng anytone call callsign sign 2022 Sirio list Mckinley meter display supply 2023 ss9900 frequency lincoln 6900 software yaesu ALINCO 9900 antenna chart Mobile power
QRZ Database

5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy591/P
Andy591/P

Call Sign : M6PXY M0PXY
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : Peterborough
Equipment Used : Kwood TS590, 80ft portable tower . multiple h/b antennas. Acom 1kw amp.

5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Empty
PostSubject: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 7:04 pm

5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable 17mtr_14
5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable 17mtr_12
After building the  6 ele Quad, I now have a boom that can go to 12mtr which gives me a lot more to play with for resonant yagis. No need to alter the spacings too much trying to get the readings I want.

I came up with a good design for a 5 ele yagi to put on the tower for a field day which was today.
Sat 04/09/21.  It took about 2 hours from start to radio on and see what was on the Band. 
It was a big fat NOTHING, I then found that I was plugged into Antenna 1 and the radio was on Ant 2 socket. What a dunderhead, oh well.  I did hear Japan coming in but not very strong, lots of French and not too much else.
From about 1.45 Canada and States started to open up. Time to put the Amp on, 350 watts and start calling. 
All I can say is, What a great afternoon, constant 5-5 to 59+ reports. I tried a few times at just 20watts but not enough to work them easily.  I had good solid q5 chats up to 20mins at a time. Best DX today was Texas, west was opening but had to go qrt  due to people needed feeding at home.
I was told by several OPs that only a few EU stations were heard and I was the strongest and also a 
/P station?
Well worth the effort and another keeper antenna. 

I was a full on Portable today as you will see from the photos, Power was supplied by a Honda 2kw genny.
 I just cant help myself, I wonder what will be next on the list, it will be smaller than 17mtr, maybe a long boom 15mtr?
Cheers un beers  de Andy M0PXY/P

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Well done again Andy. 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable 1f44d 

I must admit your antenna adventures are awesome and something I could barely aspire to, but it did give me the incentive to look further into antennas and build a smaller, (much, much smaller! Wink), beam myself. Never thought I'd make one in a million years but thanks to brilliant examples such as your own and the fantastic generosity of a fellow Charlie Tango member I'm having great fun.

Keep up the exemplary work and keep posting up the great pics for the rest of us to drool at.

All the best,
Victor

Andy591/P likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Andy591/P
Andy591/P

Call Sign : M6PXY M0PXY
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : Peterborough
Equipment Used : Kwood TS590, 80ft portable tower . multiple h/b antennas. Acom 1kw amp.

PostSubject: Re: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 7:59 pm

HI Victor, you are not a million miles away from P.boro. If you need any help, ally or advice just ask. 
Cheers for the comments. Andy.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Much appreciated Andy and very generous of you mate. 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable 1f44d 

I'm slowly working through the spiel and reading what's available, (plus figuring out what's bull!), but some hands-on building has helped. The best suggestion I saw was the use of a Field Strength meter, (knocked one together), rather than faith in raw calculations but realising it's all a culmination of tools available.

Keep up the great work, it is really inspirational.

Best regards,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 12:33 am

Another great antenna, but can you also give some info on that tower, and how it's transported, erected, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable   5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 ELE Yagi got 17mtr Extreme Portable
Page 1 of 1