Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT call sign (Issued)
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by babis3g

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
18 months of radio Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
chart ALINCO supply call Sirio 9900 Mobile 2023 lincoln antenna president 2022 display Baofeng frequency callsign meter power 6900 Mckinley anytone yaesu sign list ss9900 software
QRZ Database

18 months of radio

Go down 
+2
November Radio 1000
Markone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Markone
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Markone

Call Sign : 26-CT-3433
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Hull
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 88s + crt 9900+5/8 gain master

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Hi  all, I joined the group 18 months a go and rekindled a love of radio.it started  with my midland 88s. And soon started to grow, its been a great journey and would like to thank all members for the help and support along the way. The shack has grown a bit, as you can see. The biggest thing I have learned is how to hide the credit card bill  Very Happy.We have over 4200 members it would be great to see any changes or you working conditions. Good DX and peace to you all .73 mark 26ct3433  hope images are right 18 months of radio 206dbd1018 months of radio 3fb8161118 months of radio 206dbd10

Sydthecat, glenn dog, Victor, Me001, Daywalker, SangueG and Rjbingham like this post

Back to top Go down
November Radio 1000
November Radio 1000

Call Sign : 26-CT-4282 G1YPQ
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Wakefield West Yorkshire
Equipment Used : President George 2 with Digimike

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Awesome, my story is very similar, I live in West Yorkshire, always have done, and like a magnet 11m has been drawing me in, my HF radio is now widebanded, I own a President Randy 3 and McKinley as my mobile and portable set up. CB was a massive part of my life in the 1970-80s and I met some great people and made some good solid friends along the way....Thank You to the Charlie Tango dx group for allowing me to be apart of this amazing group.....

Sydthecat, glenn dog, Victor and Rjbingham like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 7:56 am

Just coming up to 12 months since I joined CT. Unlike many of you, my shack little corner of the bedroom has changed very little since joining, except for the addition of a little HF transceiver after passing my foundation (pic on QRZ), a few test items, and a little UV5R which I carry with me when out walking.

It's been absolutely fabulous. Members have been very welcoming and helpful. Enjoyed immensely the Euro E skip and occasional close inter-G on 11m last Spring and making contact with a few members on here. The ham licence opened up so much more to me but out of all the bands I am loving 10m the most with its close affinity to 11m. The near by little 12m band also has given me a thrill as I used to pirate operate just above the ham allocation a long time ago. Also, just after Christmas I had a chat with LZ7CW Victor on that band. He is a ham operator that I had often listened to on my old DX-300 on lower bands, always spoke great long overs with very little signal fading, and the QSO I had with him on 12m was no different.. felt amazing.

I look forward to play with more bits of wire in my loft, and occasionally in the garden when allowed this year, and hope to get to talk to a few more of you.

BTW Mark, nice tidy setup. I see you have BHI DSP speaker. How are you finding that?

Sydthecat, glenn dog and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Sydthecat
CT Directors
CT Directors
Sydthecat

Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Times Thanked : 46
QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 101d, MD200 mic ,Mosley 3ele Yagi

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 10:43 am

Wonderful post Mark with some great reply’s 

Similar story here , came back to radio some 11 years ago and joined the CT group , below are two now and then pics , first pic is what I started with and the second one is how things are today 

18 months of radio 7fc73d10
18 months of radio 07348710

glenn dog, Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 1:30 pm

I blame Charlie Tango, bad influence. Wink

To think I dipped my toe back in the water of radio with CB only a couple of years or so ago, found this place and before I knew it I'm surrounded with multiple radios and all their gubbins!!!

CB, Ham, HF, VHF, UHF, PMR, now flipping DMR.....Just because CT is "the home of ALL things radio" didn't mean I had to try everything! Very Happy

But of course I did, like a kid in a sweet shop and never been happier! 18 months of radio 1f44d 

Great hearing your stories guys and looking forward to maybe a few more.

Sydthecat and glenn dog like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 3:48 pm

Yes, and got to hide the box what the radio gear comes in and , mix and match the shack so the Lady of the house does not notice the new things sneeking in.

Sydthecat, Victor and karelgol like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

18 months of radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 months of radio   18 months of radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

18 months of radio
Page 1 of 1