Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
software lincoln Mckinley call ss9900 Sirio yaesu frequency callsign supply ALINCO sign Baofeng 2023 9900 2022 display Mobile 6900 meter president antenna list chart power anytone
QRZ Database

World Amateur Radio Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 68
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

radio - World Amateur Radio Day Empty
PostSubject: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 8:12 am

18th of April is World Amateur Radio Day. Anybody have any special plans for the day?

For me firstly it's my wedding anniversary, so I won't have a whole lot of radio time available. Also have to drive one of my sons to Gatwick in the morning. I'll take the uv5r in the car, probably be my only chance of any sort of contact that day Neutral

rabbi and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 5:47 am

Hi Neal,

I had a listen out for the W.A.R.D special event call signs whilst I had a chance yesterday but conditions were a bit 'meh'.

Hope your day was a good one and congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

All the best,
Victor

rabbi and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 7:10 am

Had some on ft4/8 with the added bit on there call yesterday but as you said Victor it was a lot 'meh'.

rabbi, Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am

hi i worked that ward station yesterday 5 9 hope others have cheers paul m0kbd 73s

Victor and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Thank you Victor. Once duties were done in the morning most of the day was pretty quiet, which was nice, and went out for a meal which is something we haven't done a whole lot of over last couple of years.

I didn't have any QSOs that day. I did have a little listen, but as per the last few days the conditions haven't been great to my QTH and I've made very few contacts. Whenever I have heard and tried for stations I have been beaten by /QRP suffixers as the wanted station pulls in all the QRPers. It feels everyone is tagging that on at the moment. I just sit and give a little wave to my radio, mic unkeyed, saying "I'm QRP too, but I'm calling abiding by my licence conditions. If you answer me and ask I'll let you know my power".

Mild rant aside, just wondered if their were any ham activities anywhere that people may of gone to? Any club stations open to visitors or other sorts of open days? Just seemed like a good day for that sort of thing to take place.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 6:05 am

No worries Neal, glad you had a good day mate and a meal out sounds like just the ticket treat for you both. Smile

Radio conditions have been pretty poor/strange of late, maybe something to do with the CME that hit. (?)

I think with our late Easter the WARD was going to be a back burner event with many concentrating on Easter celebrations and getting together with family or short breaks. I know we seized the opportunity to have family over as none of us have been able to do that for the couple of years before.

Easter is a little earlier next year so let's hope that World Amateur Radio Day is a little more exciting next time.

"QRP Only" can be a bit of a misnomer Neal and I understand your rant about it, I've been scolded in the past for using 10 watts then lectured about 5 watts being true QRP! But then as you mention many more will add "/QRP" just to get the contact regardless of what power they are using.

To be fair there are some decent operators who will give the opportunity for 'Foundation', 'portable' and 'QRP' only to call in giving them a chance of some log book entries. There's a really great guy Seamus in Ireland, (forget his call sign), who makes such calls and I love to hear it. Even that can lead to a 'pile-up' of QRP stations calling in and I've yet to break it yet! Wink (Hoping the 'new' antenna will help once I get that sorted.) But as you know yourself, when conditions are ripe those measly 10 watts can do a fantastic job on their own merit.

Amateur Radio, funny old game.....I wonder if cooks argue about pastries, breads, cakes, etc. or encompass the interest as a whole? Very Happy

SangueG likes this post

Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Well put Victor. My rant was only a minor one. I've played enough games and other activities in past, and still do, where many people play to their own rules or interpretation of rules.. or guidelines, that, as long as I am not really competing with anyone other than with myself I can remain happy enough with what I am doing to continue doing what I am doing. <that made sense to me just about Laughing

Looking forward to the short skip starting proper, might even get a QSO with you on 10m with your new antenna Smile I'm still struggling with conditions on 10m currently. Came home at lunch and and two Lebanon stations were romping in. I called for over half hour but never got back to either of them. I have talked with one of them previously too. Felt a little despondent when I went back to work.

Has CT ever done anything for WRD in the past? Maybe we can do some sort of activity or net for it next year...

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Ha! Ha! Very Happy I know exactly what you mean there Neal.

Some short skip would be handy to catch 'locals' and I'm sure we'll catch each other some time on one of the bands mate. Last year my rig wasn't working, this year it was the antenna issues but now I'm finally there.....I hope. Wink

I shouted for Joe, OD5ET like mad on 10m today too. Didn't get him either!

Just been listening to the 80m RSGB Club SSB competition tonight - sheer madness. I think half of them are wasting time just shouting at each other to QSY from 'their' frequency. Wall to wall it is.

Sounds like a plan there with a World Amateur Radio Day event next year and I'm not sure if CT has done anything like that before. Be great to do something even if only for fun such as getting as many contacts on any or as many of the bands for the day. Be better to do something in the spirit of the day rather than simply glorifying it.

....I need to write this down somewhere so I don't forget!

Brilliant idea there Neal. (You might have to remind me next year, 'cos I'll write it down then lose the paper! Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Amateur Radio Day   radio - World Amateur Radio Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Amateur Radio Day
Page 1 of 1