Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeToday at 4:50 pm by glenn dog

» EU conditions have started
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeToday at 4:48 pm by glenn dog

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:29 am by chazwozza

» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

Keywords
president 9900 call supply 2022 6900 ALINCO lincoln meter frequency sign chart power callsign Sirio software Mckinley Baofeng Mobile ss9900 yaesu 2023 display list anytone antenna
QRZ Database

Cheap receiver with ML30

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

Cheap receiver with ML30 Empty
PostSubject: Cheap receiver with ML30   Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Hi all,

About 8 months ago I bought a 0-50Mhz pocket receiver and an ML30 magnetic loop antenna.  I tried it out for a couple of evenings to make sure it worked, and then boxed it up again.  I've found loads of plastic tubing in the garage, so I'm going to build the antenna properly now.  Can anyone recommend some go to frequencies across the bands to test the receive please?

Many thanks

Simon.
Back to top Go down

Cheap receiver with ML30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap receiver with ML30   Cheap receiver with ML30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Well, Simon, i'd just say hunt n seek and go wild, that's a lot a band span to cover, which i say with absolute certainty you'll find plenty of everything and stuff you'd never want to admit to knowing about let alone admit to listening to.

As for the receiver, if you respect the inherent limits of the receiver re potential overload of the front end when it comes to some very strong sigs combined with the dreaded RX pre-amp i believe the ML30 has built in (i'm assuming it's not a 'proper' comms grade receiver), it's possibly a good candidate to pair with a switchable set of RX convertor modules, so you could easily touch into VLF and above 50 Mhz cheaply.

I have a generic brand ML equiv to the ML30, of which i removed the pre-amp since my HF receiver was plenty sensitive enough and i hate preamps, and i've tested it as a passive with lots of sizes of loops, from huge to tiny, from hair thick to really heavy duty wires and just about as many tube sizes i could get hold of, and with due credit - it's a bargain for what you get at stock.

I mostly use mine to listen to VLF stuff, mostly telegraphy.
Back to top Go down

Cheap receiver with ML30
Page 1 of 1