Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:11 pm by glenn dog

» CRT space U/ space V
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:27 am by 26CT1074

» CW sidesweeper, new project
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:01 am by stephen Gunrunner

» EU conditions have started
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
9900 call 2022 meter list supply yaesu 2023 president lincoln 6900 display power antenna ALINCO ss9900 anytone sign software Mckinley frequency Sirio Baofeng callsign Mobile chart
QRZ Database

My return to radio and the journey.

Go down 
+2
chazwozza
Sharpshooter
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Deeside, Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My return to radio and the journey.   radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Well today, thanks to Ray (Razz) I met the bloke on the video he posted.
Lovely fella. He swapped his swr'd antenna for mine.
He didn't want any payment so I gave him a faulty CB SWR meter to play about with.the twig I had cut from a coat hanger, and offered to return his antenna if he has problems swr'ing the one I gave him.

Just tried PMR on space U but nothing heard up here.
It was scanning through 16 channels but now it isn't. So back to the instructions as I may have changed something 🤔🙄

I will test it later for transmit and receive with a Baofeng.

Swapping the coax from one side to the other isn't too bad, and it's just a case of swapping twigs and cigarette plugs.

I may look at a two way switch or another magmount and twig, also separate power later on.
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: My return to radio and the journey.   radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 5:28 pm

Last night I took a UV5R to work to try and listen to the international space station transmissions.

I switched on just before it was due to pass and 446:007 PMR, close in frequency to channel 1 had two blokes chatting about cb radio etc, loud and clear.
Which was pretty good since I was hemmed in between some pretty high metal clad buildings.

On to the space station, unfortunately nothing was heard. (Maybe I should account for Doppler shift) 😁

Later on 446:007 another bloke could be heard but not his contact.

Today I decided to finally look at programming channels for PMR at least.

For anyone wanting to set channels.

I set the frequency steps in menu (number 1 "step") at
6.25k to get the desired PMR channel 1 frequency of 446 00625 and the correct frequency steps to following channels.

Set the vfo/mr button to frequency mode.
And the A/B button to A/top frequency highlighted.

Type in the frequency you require to save.
Eg 446:00625 for channel 1.

Press Menu, scroll to or key in (number 27, "mem-ch") , press menu again, key channel number, eg- 1  and press menu again to save.

If a channel is already stored. Go up in menu from number 27 mem-ch to 28
del-ch and press, menu, channel number, and menu again to confirm delete.
I went through the 16 stored channels and deleted them all before adding PMR to save going back and forth.

So I now have the 16 PMR channels saved into one UV5R and the ISS on 145:800 on channel 17.
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: My return to radio and the journey.   radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2022 10:49 am

Alan Pilot wrote:
My return to radio started with a ss9900.
II did exactly the same thing changed the frequency's unintentionally like you did.
That radio was very soon replaced by a Ranger-2950 happy days.
The ss-9900 is a good radio but too small and fiddley for me.
Pnawn da(pynhawn da).
 ooo sorry it's Borra da  lol.

I thought "Ranger 2950DX" rang a bell.
Well remember our conversation about me "blowing my budget and totting up" Alan ?

Well budget even more blown as I've now purchased a Ranger and a Sirio gainmaster 5/8th 👍🤣
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: My return to radio and the journey.   radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2022 11:40 am

I am sorry i sold mine.
Would buy another but the prices are a tad high plus i have the 2 Lincoln's mk1 and the 2+??.
They are easy to make them run the 15m band as well 10 11 and 12.

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My return to radio and the journey.   radio - My return to radio and the journey. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My return to radio and the journey.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2