Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
list anytone Sirio 6900 Mckinley antenna software supply Mobile frequency lincoln chart president 2022 2023 ALINCO display ss9900 9900 yaesu meter power call Baofeng sign callsign
QRZ Database

President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ste03

Call Sign : 26CT496
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Rossendale
Equipment Used : President James,George,LincolnGrant11,Randy3,77-805 Realistic TRC-1001,maycom AH-27

President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Empty
PostSubject: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 11:44 am

Hi all am thinking of getting a President Mckinley cb radio but can't decide wether to buy the standard or expanded version or buy both.

glenn dog, Tristar and JazzT like this post

Back to top Go down
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:03 am

It's easy to expand it if you decide you want to, cut a wire, move a jumper. 

Mine is expanded as I want to use it on 10m but unless you want to go on 27.555 or use it on the ham bands don't bother as it's a pain in the arse to use it that way. It alters how some of the buttons function and the VFO mode is crap with a channel selector.

ste03 and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Miura
Contributor
Contributor
Miura

Call Sign : 26-CT-4388
QTH or Location : Cirencester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX10 | Ranger RCI-2995 DX HP | Sirio 2008 Antenna

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:37 pm

ste03 wrote:
Hi all am thinking of getting a President Mckinley cb radio but can't decide wether to buy the standard or expanded version or buy both.
I purchased the standard version and moded it myself. Very easy to do. One white loop wire to cut and one jumper to move from left to right. When in multinorm you also get the advantage of x2 your power output. It gives 10w AM, 20w FM and 18w SSB. You still retain the U.K. channels. For me it was a no brainer. Also contrary to what was said above it retains all the option of the non modified version plus more. Lately I’ve been having great fun DXing on 27.555 with clear and crisp reports from all over Europe.

glenn dog, Tristar, Uncle P and Steve k like this post

Back to top Go down
https://gc20.pagesperso-orange.fr/
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:55 pm

Did the mod Saturday to 1 of the 2 I have, very happy with it, working great on 27.555, I personally feel it's better than the President 2+ to use .

Miura and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
ste03

Equipment Used : President James,George,LincolnGrant11,Randy3,77-805 Realistic TRC-1001,maycom AH-27

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 9:23 pm

Think i may go for the standard version for the warranty then do the mod when warranty has finished. 
Does the radio keep the multinorms after expanding?

Tristar and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Miura
Contributor
Contributor
Miura

Call Sign : 26-CT-4388
QTH or Location : Cirencester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTDX10 | Ranger RCI-2995 DX HP | Sirio 2008 Antenna

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 9:32 pm

ste03 wrote:
Think i may go for the standard version for the warranty then do the mod when warranty has finished. 
Yes it does 👍🏼

ste03 and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
https://gc20.pagesperso-orange.fr/
ste03

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 4:37 pm

Miura wrote:
ste03 wrote:
Yes it does 👍🏼
That's brilliant

glenn dog and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Tristar
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Tristar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3771
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Weston-super-Mare
Equipment Used : CRT Millennium 3v hand sets, President Barry2

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi 
I’ve used this radio for 2-3 years now. 
No mod just as it is out of the box.
A great radio and once you have figured out the menus it is very easy to use. 
At he end of the day it’s what you want to do with it. 
Whatever you choose I’m sure you’ll love it. 
All the best.

glenn dog and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded    President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Mckinley Standard Or Expanded
Page 1 of 1