Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeToday at 5:25 am by Victor

» Callsign request (Issued)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 am by Victor

» call sign (Information Requested)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeToday at 5:15 am by Victor

» happy to be onboard (Introduction)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» Gettin a CT call sign (Issued)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeToday at 5:07 am by Victor

» what was your first radio and antenna
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» South Coast PMR net report
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:08 pm by Victor

» new member, callsign request (Issued)
13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:21 am by John123

Keywords
display 2011 chart meter Sirio antenna president ALINCO power yaesu lincoln ss9900 2024 callsign 2022 list call 2023 frequency Mckinley software supply anytone 6900 sign 9900
QRZ Database

13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket

Go down 
+2
Victor
rabbi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Empty
PostSubject: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:04 pm

hi i am organising the shack with bench and have a 6 socket mains extension lead i want to fit it on the bench but having difficulty  lining up the screw holes to hold it down is there a way to do this hope all enjoyed the yorkshire bash we both had covid so at home thanks for looking paul m0kbd
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 375
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi Paul,

I always lay a piece of paper on the back of this type of extension socket and either using a pencil or better still one of the grandkids crayons make a 'rubbing' to transfer the hole spacing onto it. Just remember to flip the paper over when transferring in case the screw holes are offset.

They say you can simply measure the hole spacing but it always lands up 'off'! Wink
(Dodgy old eyesight I suppose! Very Happy )

I remember when such sockets had a piece of template paper with them along with the instructions.

I tend to use countersink screws so that when you align the socket up to them (so long as they're screwed down tight enough) you should have wiggle room to click it satisfyingly in place.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

Razz229 and rabbi like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
BASS 666

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : belfast
Equipment Used : none yet

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 5:42 pm

i put a pen mark on the top of the plug fitting that line up with the holes then lay the fitting down and transfer the pen marks to whatever i screw it to ...

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 12:24 pm

hi thanks for your help now mounted paul  m0kbd 73s

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
grizz123

Call Sign : 163-CT-332
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Rhyl
Equipment Used : Concorde 2

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2022 5:05 pm

That's a good idea Victor.  I have always tried to measure them and have been slightly off.  I did however see one socket with the measurements on them.

rabbi and Victor like this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 30
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 10:09 am

Victor wrote:
Hi Paul,

I always lay a piece of paper on the back of this type of extension socket and either using a pencil or better still one of the grandkids crayons make a 'rubbing' to transfer the hole spacing onto it. Just remember to flip the paper over when transferring in case the screw holes are offset.

They say you can simply measure the hole spacing but it always lands up 'off'! Wink
(Dodgy old eyesight I suppose! Very Happy )

I remember when such sockets had a piece of template paper with them along with the instructions.

I tend to use countersink screws so that when you align the socket up to them (so long as they're screwed down tight enough) you should have wiggle room to click it satisfyingly in place.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Victor

Cheers Victor

You may have just answered why my late father kept crayons and tracing paper in his tool kit.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 10:28 am

Hi Ray,

Ha! Method in the madness I think they call it. I think your Father was a wise man.

I've used the same thing for all sorts from gasket making on motorcycles to pattern making replacement parts let alone mounting stuff. I'm not fancy/rich enough to own tracing paper so always nick a bit of the white baking parchment from the wife's cupboard! (Shhh - I'll run out if she catches on and decides to start hiding it! Very Happy )

All the best to you mate,
Victor

Razz229 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Razz229
Major contributor
Major contributor
Razz229

Call Sign : 26 CT 2290 & 26 CI 2290
Times Thanked : 30
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : On 11m a Anytone 6666, Solarcon A99 vertical antenna or a Sirio 4000. On PMR a CRT Space U, a 1/4 wave GPA, homemade mag mount & sometimes a 8 element beam.

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 11:01 am

Victor wrote:
Hi Ray,

Ha! Method in the madness I think they call it. I think your Father was a wise man.

I've used the same thing for all sorts from gasket making on motorcycles to pattern making replacement parts let alone mounting stuff. I'm not fancy/rich enough to own tracing paper so always nick a bit of the white baking parchment from the wife's cupboard! (Shhh - I'll run out if she catches on and decides to start hiding it! Very Happy )

All the best to you mate,
Victor

Sorry I'm going off topic now

There was many a time when a cereal box was cut up and used as a make shift gasket when I was banger racing 🤪

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 11:09 am

Cornflake packet got me home from Yorkshire once on my old Honda CB400n. Wink

Bacofoil head gasket on another bike.....Bent nail as woodruff key to hold the alternator flywheel on another....Oh the horror stories!! Very Happy

Blew the main radiator hose on my old GPZ600R, popped into a local car parts store and an old Mini one fit with a bit of cutting......fraction of the price of a Kawasaki original too!

Yes, definitely off-topic.......naughty admin. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2022 11:22 am

The good times i remember them well.
Forgot to let go of one bike doing around the speed limit snapped the nerves in my left shoulder but still remember it as my left hand don't work lol god old days.
Had many bikes after just keep my fingers on the clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket   13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13 amp mains 6 outlet extension socket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Information and Guides-
Jump to: