Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
president 2022 software 6900 meter antenna yaesu display list supply Mckinley ALINCO callsign lincoln anytone 2023 sign call 9900 Sirio power Mobile frequency chart Baofeng ss9900
QRZ Database

checking CB radio works

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieP

Call Sign : 26-CT-4725
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Burwell
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 DS / President McKinley / President Randy 3

radio - checking CB radio works Empty
PostSubject: checking CB radio works   radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 5:05 pm

I have recently purchased a Midland Alan 42 DS. I have very little experience or knowledge about CB radio. I had also bought a President Mckinley as I am aware of limited range of handheld CB radios. With my lack of knowledge I believe I may have damaged this. I also bought a telescopic antenna for the handheld (TWAYRDIO BNC Telescopic Handheld Portable CB Radio Antenna 27Mhz Extendable 23.3cm to 1.3m). I am not sure this works now. Please can you advice be about how or where I can get the CB radios checked to see if they work. I live near Newmarket

glenn dog, Victor and Red Rooster LN-4614 like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: checking CB radio works   radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 10:16 am

Hi Robbie,

Hopefully your posting in this section now will be seen by many more who may be able to offer help.

It's pretty hard to damage a radio unless you do something silly like a wrong fuse on the power lead (silver foil anyone?!?!) and connect it in reverse. It's also a lot harder to damage the finals than most think too.

In circumstances where you can't get hold of someone local to check your gear it's always helpful to have two radios where you can transmit on one (from a distance or using a dummy load) whilst receiving on the other. I do this with my Ham gear luckily having a good shortwave receiver as well so can always check things like modulation etc.

You're sort of stuck between the middle of nowhere regards a CB shop with the 4x4 centre at Thetford and the next nearest being Rocket Radio at Hitchin so not too easy to 'pop' in for a quick check.

You could always check the webSDR internet receiver in your neck of the woods at the following link :-

http://78.146.242.150:8073/

Hopefully you'll be able to hear your transmission on it or even check out CB reception in your area through it. (Some areas are really quiet regards CB activity.)

Here's hoping that you can get sorted or indeed if there's a kind soul your way in the world that can assist.

All the best,
Victor

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: checking CB radio works   radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 10:28 am

Ah, it seems after a check that the webSDR receiver I suggested may not be fully operational. Crying or Very sad

After checking the map :-

http://rx.linkfanel.net/

...it seems you may be bereft of receiver options in your part of the world too.

I'm afraid I haven't anything further to suggest unless you can get yourself off to a CB/Amateur Radio shop. It's not like the old days where every town seemingly had a 'rig doctor' to hand or a veritable mix of CB operators.

I can only wish you well with it all.

Regards,
Victor
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: checking CB radio works   radio - checking CB radio works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

checking CB radio works
Page 1 of 1