Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Help needed
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by Numenius

radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

Keywords
frequency sign display meter power Mckinley software president 2023 yaesu ALINCO lincoln supply Sirio 2022 call anytone Baofeng 9900 ss9900 Mobile list 6900 chart callsign antenna
QRZ Database

setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieP

Call Sign : 26-CT-4725
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Burwell
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 DS / President McKinley / President Randy 3

radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Empty
PostSubject: setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output   radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 6:34 pm

I have bought a new antenna, coax cable,  poles and garden parasole base and plan to set radio up as Fred In The Sheds video. I had no coax cable to try out the the President Mc Kinley I had lost that when I moved. As any damage that I could have done would not be covered by warrant I decided to buy new antenna, coax cable etc and just try out the radio. I had up transmission on the Midland Alan 42 DS so i believe if the President Mc Kinley work i wouls be able to test for this using the Midland Alan 42 DS.

I have bought

Thunderpole Silver Rod | 1/2 Wave

Thunderpole PL259 Patch Leads | Mini 8 Black
Cable

2 x 1.5 Metre Interlocking Steel Pole | Swaged Pole

Any advice setting up and SWR and tuning the attenna apreciated

Please could you advise how I could check the power output of the CB Radios
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output   radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 am

The silver rod's i had in the past had markings on each section to get you close to the SWR.
But a meter is needed to fine tune.
A dummy load and power meter is the proper way to test the power output.
Back to top Go down
RobbieP

Call Sign : 26-CT-4725
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Burwell
Equipment Used : Midland Alan 42 DS / President McKinley / President Randy 3

PostSubject: No response to request for radio check   radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 10:30 pm

I have now set up a base station. I have tested Midland Alan 42 DS and President McKinley and both appear to work. I can recieved transmissions on President McKinley. I have not yet recieved response to request for a radio check.

I have set up antenna as in Fred in the Shed video using parasol base and 2 1.5m poles. I have a Thunderpole Silver Rod 1/2 wave antenna

I live near Newmarket

Tristar and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output   radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2023 11:13 pm

Hi Robbie, nice set-up you have there.  I would suggest putting a few calls out on 27.555 USB in the daytime to talk to the UK and Europe, and then tuning to 27.385 LSB at around sunset to talk to the US stations.  You should be able to get out to both on your rig.  The only change you might want to make is to increase the height of your antenna chap.

Cheers,

Simon.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output   radio - setting up a base station SWR and tuning  checking power output Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting up a base station SWR and tuning checking power output
Page 1 of 1