Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First dx in 40 plus years
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeToday at 2:49 pm by pdes

» 10m dxcc ......
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

» Back Again (Returning Member)
SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm by John123

Keywords
9900 Mckinley 2022 call president antenna ss9900 frequency Baofeng 6900 Mobile anytone display power software sign callsign ALINCO lincoln chart Sirio 2023 yaesu list supply meter
QRZ Database

SWR meter testing.

Go down 
+3
Sharpshooter
Les-1
Alan Pilot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 7:17 am

https://youtu.be/rjy0eFXxVaY

Les-1, SangueG, Sharpshooter and DerekF like this post

Back to top Go down
Les-1
10 + Year member
10 +  Year  member
Les-1

Call Sign : 26CT739 / 26GB739
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Superstar 3900n, Magnum S9, Cobra 148 GTL DX, Superstar 360 FM, Nato 2000, Lafayette 1200, Hygain V, Albrecht AE2990AFS, Cobra uk29 LTD ST, York jcb 863, York jcb 861, Uniden Uniace 200, Midland 4001, RM KLV550, RM KL400, Zetagi B300P, Sirio GainMaster, T2LT, 7' Firestik, Atron99, 18' Silver rod, Sadelta Echo Master plus, Astatic echomax 2000, Moonraker power mic

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 10:28 am

Hi Alan, that's a good video with very interesting info to know, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 2:43 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
https://youtu.be/rjy0eFXxVaY

Hi Alan. I posted that video a long while back and was just looking for it but to no avail.
It seems very hard/impossible to track old posts on the forum. 

Coupled with the lack of notifications of posts I'm wondering if this hampers traffic on the forum and new threads that go unnoticed. 🤔

I think I did mention this when I first joined but I won't be able to find the post now 👍🏼🤣

Not a criticism merely an observation.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 4:16 pm

Nige
I just came across it this morning not seen it before and thought i would post it.
Not used that type for many years but some still use them and thought it was a good idea knowing of a simple way to test them.

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 4:21 pm

Nige,

If you click on your name to the left of your posting (i.e. Sharpshooter) and then click on the 'Statistics' section you can see the number of posts you have made and then also click on 'Posts' to see a list of posts you have made.

Much simpler is to click the 'View your posts' option to the top right of the main web page.

You can also click on the 'View posts since last visit' and see if any posts have been made since you last logged on.

Also within your forum profile (click the 'Profile' button at the top of the site) you can specify notifications by email in the 'Notifications' section and click whichever events you want to be notified of.

The 'Search' button facility is a bit specific and unless you know what your looking for you might either spring no results or loads(!)

Much harder and slower to do on a phone or Android tablet/mobile device which is why I wait until I'm on the laptop to get any admin done. Wink

Always good to see useful information posted many times rather than not at all. SWR meter testing. 1f44d

All the best,
Victor

Sharpshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
skyrider
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4654
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Preston, Lancs.
Equipment Used : UNIDEN 100, midland alan 78 plus multi + mag mount , silver rod

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 4:45 pm

i have just watched that video and well worth doing it helps you get to know what sort of condition your meter is in, i have a swr / fs meter and matcher an older model wipe 175 which seems to do the job
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 6:44 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Nige
I just came across it this morning not seen it before and thought i would post it.
Not used that type for many years but some still use them and thought it was a good idea knowing of a simple way to test them.

I know Al, just saying it's easy to overlook posts and i find it hard to find old ones. 👍🏼
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 7:09 pm

Victor wrote:
Nige,

If you click on your name to the left of your posting (i.e. Sharpshooter) and then click on the 'Statistics' section you can see the number of posts you have made and then also click on 'Posts' to see a list of posts you have made.

Much simpler is to click the 'View your posts' option to the top right of the main web page.

You can also click on the 'View posts since last visit' and see if any posts have been made since you last logged on.

Also within your forum profile (click the 'Profile' button at the top of the site) you can specify notifications by email in the 'Notifications' section and click whichever events you want to be notified of.

The 'Search' button facility is a bit specific and unless you know what your looking for you might either spring no results or loads(!)

Much harder and slower to do on a phone or Android tablet/mobile device which is why I wait until I'm on the laptop to get any admin done. Wink

Always good to see useful information posted many times rather than not at all. SWR meter testing. 1f44d

All the best,
Victor

Thanks Victor, yes, sorry i am on mobile version and it's not the best lol.

At least my posting issues have disappeared, (funnily enough just before I purchased a new phone 🤔🙄😁) for now at least 🤣
Back to top Go down
DerekF
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4631....M7OGB
Times Thanked : 5
QTH or Location : Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Equipment Used : Icom F25SR, Intaride IR-803, Baofeng UV-5R, Anytone AT-778UV

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 10:45 pm

Thanks for posting the link to the video Alan, I've learnt something new.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 6:19 am

DerekF wrote:
Thanks for posting the link to the video Alan, I've learnt something new.
Glad it helped somebody.
I have been around radio for40+ years and it was a new one to me as well.
Back to top Go down
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2023 1:56 pm

Here is the source of the problem and the solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftnveUwZuw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWR meter testing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWR meter testing.   SWR meter testing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWR meter testing.
Page 1 of 1