Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeToday at 5:25 am by Victor

» Callsign request (Issued)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeToday at 5:19 am by Victor

» call sign (Information Requested)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeToday at 5:15 am by Victor

» happy to be onboard (Introduction)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeToday at 5:12 am by Victor

» Gettin a CT call sign (Issued)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeToday at 5:07 am by Victor

» what was your first radio and antenna
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» South Coast PMR net report
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:08 pm by Victor

» new member, callsign request (Issued)
Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:21 am by John123

Keywords
power meter display ALINCO 6900 frequency 2024 9900 ss9900 2011 lincoln callsign supply call list chart 2023 antenna president 2022 software yaesu sign Mckinley Sirio anytone
QRZ Database

Am really disappointed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 15
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

Am really disappointed Empty
PostSubject: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 am

RSGB tried to contact me about rescheduling my exam and it went in my spam folder, they have now cancelled and refunded me. I will have to now rebook, I guess it wasn't meant to be Sad
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 7:56 am

Don't give up re-book asap.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 375
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 am

Don't let it get you down in any way at all Mark, these things can happen unfortunately.

All of the exam invigilators do a fantastic job in a voluntary capacity and unforeseen events, illness or other factors can afflict them as much as any of us. The RSGB also do a grand job of organising & scheduling the examinations (for a small fee) and fulfil their obligations as best as they can. At least they did their best to contact you and refunded when they weren't able to.

Just take it as an opportunity to 'brush' up a bit more on your knowledge in preparation for your eventual examination no matter when that may be.

I'd just re-book and look forward to it as much as you originally did knowing that it will all be worth the effort in the end. (Check that 'spam' folder often too! Am really disappointed 1f44d )

It's a little set back, that's all.

All the best,
Victor

SangueG likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 8:19 am

They had double booked, good job it wasn't a wedding, they did try to reschedule for this morning. Since I didn't reply, Bev cancelled, more my fault for not checking the tinned meat folder.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 12:58 pm

Mark
Did you get a guy from ebay wishing you good luck early this morning ?.
Back to top Go down
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 12:59 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
Mark
Did you get a guy from ebay wishing you good luck early this morning ?.

I replied, after a few minutes I twigged, I just replied via eBay messaging. cheers
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 1:03 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 83
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 am

Hi Mark. Sorry to hear of your little setback. I know it was disappointing for you, but hopefully you've jumped straight back in and rebooked. You definitely won't be disappointed when you pass and the bands are opened up to you.
Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Have you booked again ???.
You should have by now m8.
Back to top Go down
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:21 pm

What a numpty I am! Booked my exam for April 1st, for some reason after paying just a gray screen came up, so went through the whole process again. Same thing, so checked my credit card balance and 2 payments had gone out. This time I had managed to double book myself for the same day and time, wish I could've booked sooner as price had gone up £5 from my previous booking.

RSGB are refunding me, so it's no big deal, I just hope it isn't a portent of bad things to come. At least it gives me a little more time to brush up on subjects I have got wrong in example exams.

So if I announce passing on the 1st of April, I won't be pulling an April Fools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am really disappointed   Am really disappointed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am really disappointed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: The Amateur Lounge :: Training and Qualifications-
Jump to: