Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:08 am by SangueG

» EU conditions have started
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
2022 anytone yaesu sign supply antenna software power list ALINCO call lincoln ss9900 6900 Sirio callsign Mckinley Baofeng Mobile president meter 9900 frequency 2023 display chart
QRZ Database

QSLing the modern way?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynton
Contributor
Contributor
Lynton

Call Sign : 26-CT-4805
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Peterborough, UK
Equipment Used : President McKinley EU or K-PO DX5000 plus + Sirio Signal Keeper, Horizontal Half Wave Dipole or Full Wave Delta Loop.

QSLing the modern way? Empty
PostSubject: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 am

Hi everyone,
     I am new on here and am loving reading all the great information on this forum.
I now have a President McKinley EU radio, SWR meter, Coax, 20A PSU and Sirio Signal Keeper Antenna so i'm almost ready to go.
All of these items are still in their shipping cartons until I am ready to get the antenna in the air.

Having got the equipment together I started to think about QSL cards................
Now years ago I remember I had a PO Box for receiving cards, is that still a thing or are these things done electronically nowadays?
If electronically I assume there's a website similar to eQSL for 11m rather than Ham/Amateur?
This information will guide me when making decisions about the card design.

This afternoon I have an eye operation on my only "good" eye so maybe I won't see any replies here for a few days but rest assured I read them and reply.

Kind Regards

Victor and Roger like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi Lynton,

PO boxes and expensive mailing has sort of succumbed nowadays unfortunately but many still send them personally by mail. A lot more however use electronic QSL'ing and you can either email them, use a service such as eQSL or I think for CB there's also the 11m DX Cluster one.

Just had a shifty look :-

https://11dx.net/eqsl/

Don't forget that by simply being a Charlie Tango member people can look you up on the forum and if you include public contact details they can even get in touch with you directly. Worth remembering if after electronic QSL's and also some of the tips some members have come up with of printing them off with typical online photography outlets.

I wish you well with your medical intervention and hope you're back up and running very soon.

All the best,
Victor

Lynton likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Lynton
Contributor
Contributor
Lynton

Equipment Used : President McKinley EU or K-PO DX5000 plus + Sirio Signal Keeper, Horizontal Half Wave Dipole or Full Wave Delta Loop.

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi Victor,
     Thank you for your reply and please accept my apologies for not acknowledging you sooner.
The 11m DX Cluster link with eQSL you mention is certainly going to be verry useful indeed, I clearly have a lot of reading and catching up with the ways of doing CB today!
I am making a slow recovery after my operation but still not in a position where I can use the computer for any great length of time.
As soon as I am able to do so i'll be putting up my antenna and will be ready to get on air. I really don't want to leave it too long before doing that because I don't want to miss the skip season!

Thank you

Lynton

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Hi Lynton,

No worries at all my friend, you did explain about your current situation and obviously there would be recovery time entailed. I can only wish you well for a speedy recovery.

The great thing about the radio interest is that there is always something new to discover, learn and enjoy which is what makes it all so enjoyable.

Take care of yourself and always remember that your well being and health comes before anything else......even though radio is so alluring!

All the best to you,
Victor

Lynton likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
RadioWavez

Call Sign : 2-CT-210
Times Thanked : 7
QTH or Location : Lexington, Kentucky
Equipment Used : Alinco DX-SR8

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 6:56 pm

I've seen a lot of 11m ops using eQSL. It can be used for SWL or any radio hobby call sign and electronic exchanges.

Victor and Lynton like this post

Back to top Go down
Lynton
Contributor
Contributor
Lynton

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 8:06 pm

Thank you RadioWavez.
After having had ~30 years away from CB I find so much has changed but that's all part of the fun.

Kind Regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QSLing the modern way?   QSLing the modern way? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QSLing the modern way?
Page 1 of 1