Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign Request (Issued)
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 9:22 pm by Victor

» Amateur Radio is an expensive hobby!.......?
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 9:18 pm by Victor

» Baluns not working
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 7:55 pm by VanRougeT4

» Dipping my toes into HF
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 7:35 pm by peewee norfolk

» 11m Call sign request
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 6:54 pm by Lemmy

» HF Contacts 10m
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 6:50 pm by SangueG

» I blame our Victor.
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 4:36 pm by Victor

» Hi to all :) (Information Requested)
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 4:06 pm by Victor

» Call Request (Issued)
CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeToday at 2:40 pm by Shawsax

Keywords
2022 ALINCO yaesu 2024 sign chart 6900 2011 supply power meter frequency ss9900 Sirio display president callsign antenna call lincoln software anytone list 9900 Mckinley 2023
QRZ Database

CRT SS9900 Help please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TamGlasgow
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 108-CT-370 & MM3TAM
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Clydebank, Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900, Leixen 2/70

CRT SS9900 Help please Empty
PostSubject: CRT SS9900 Help please   CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 12:32 pm

Hi guys,

Looking for a wee bit help if possible?

I sold my 9900 to a guy that lives close to me, it was bought 2 months ago from PJ box and was expanded for 10, 11 and 12 metres with UK 40 on Band A.
He got in touch saying he couldnt hear anything and thought it was broken. It turns out that he had it plugged into a 2m antenna Rolling Eyes.
His mate tried it out and confirmed it was working ok but for some reason, he reset the radio.
The guy came to me and asked if I could fix it so he gets the uk 40 on band A again or even get it back to the way I sold it to him.
Being a nice guy Laughing, I said I will look at it and read up and ask about to try help him. There is no cable btw.
Can anyone advise what steps to take to get it sorted out for him, I told him he may need a cable.
Happy to use a PC to flash data etc. if that is what is needed also, happy to tell him I cant help if it is messed up totally.
I have not even switched it on yet to see what it is set up like now.
Will the reset his mate done wipe all the export channels off?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 371
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CRT SS9900 Help please   CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 3:52 pm

Hi Tam mate,

I don't own or have ever owned this type of radio but have seen plenty of questions asked about them here at CT.

He would've been stuffed if he'd bought it from you online and the other end of the country wouldn't he?
(I'm afraid I would've said that it's his problem for mucking about with it afterwards.)

As far as I know this radio has two ways of resetting it, one way for the 10m Amateur bands and the other to open it fully. (I'm not sure of the procedure so you may have to take a look at the old t'internet for details.....but I think it's the same as for the Anytone AT6666.)

As you mention the programming software is available to download from places such as PJ Box, Knights CB, etc. and you just have to ensure you've downloaded the correct version to match the radio. To use that though you will need the USB programming lead and the fun & games that comes about with getting a correct Windows driver working. Rolling Eyes 

Then you'd need a .DAT file and that's where you might come unstuck. We used to have a member that happily provided them but he hasn't logged on in a long time. (I'm sure he made the files available on the CT Facebook site but I don't use it so not sure.)

As far as I remember people land up 'screwing' the channels by jumping back and forth between channel-mode / frequency-mode then because they altered the frequency they ended up assigning that to the channel 'accidentally'. If that's the case then you must be able to program up the channels manually using a similar procedure and utilising a certain 'block' of the frequency list. I'm pretty sure that would be a tedious way of doing it but entirely possible.

We have somewhere on the CT pages a frequency list if that helps but otherwise have a search for "Delboy Frequency List" and you should find them there.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help but hopefully that may give you some pointers of how to proceed.

I wish you all the best with it.
(Sheesh, "All Sale Are Final" springs to mind. Wink )

Victor

TamGlasgow likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
TamGlasgow
Contributor
Contributor

Call Sign : 108-CT-370 & MM3TAM
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : Clydebank, Scotland
Equipment Used : CRT SS6900, Leixen 2/70

PostSubject: Re: CRT SS9900 Help please   CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 5:04 pm

Victor wrote:
Hi Tam mate,

I don't own or have ever owned this type of radio but have seen plenty of questions asked about them here at CT.

He would've been stuffed if he'd bought it from you online and the other end of the country wouldn't he?
(I'm afraid I would've said that it's his problem for mucking about with it afterwards.)

As far as I know this radio has two ways of resetting it, one way for the 10m Amateur bands and the other to open it fully. (I'm not sure of the procedure so you may have to take a look at the old t'internet for details.....but I think it's the same as for the Anytone AT6666.)

As you mention the programming software is available to download from places such as PJ Box, Knights CB, etc. and you just have to ensure you've downloaded the correct version to match the radio. To use that though you will need the USB programming lead and the fun & games that comes about with getting a correct Windows driver working. Rolling Eyes 

Then you'd need a .DAT file and that's where you might come unstuck. We used to have a member that happily provided them but he hasn't logged on in a long time. (I'm sure he made the files available on the CT Facebook site but I don't use it so not sure.)

As far as I remember people land up 'screwing' the channels by jumping back and forth between channel-mode / frequency-mode then because they altered the frequency they ended up assigning that to the channel 'accidentally'. If that's the case then you must be able to program up the channels manually using a similar procedure and utilising a certain 'block' of the frequency list. I'm pretty sure that would be a tedious way of doing it but entirely possible.

We have somewhere on the CT pages a frequency list if that helps but otherwise have a search for "Delboy Frequency List" and you should find them there.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help but hopefully that may give you some pointers of how to proceed.

I wish you all the best with it.
(Sheesh, "All Sale Are Final" springs to mind. Wink )

Victor
Thanks Victor,

He contacted Roy at PJBox and he is sending to him for a reflash.
I was a senior tech with Dell so i'm well aware the pitfalls of matching drivers to the correct OS and all that but have never tried anything with radios.
Anyway, he is getting help so I will back away now.

As usual, thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated mate.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 371
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: CRT SS9900 Help please   CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 5:12 pm

No worries there Tam my friend and glad that it has all got sorted out. CRT SS9900 Help please 1f44d

TamGlasgow likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRT SS9900 Help please   CRT SS9900 Help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRT SS9900 Help please
Page 1 of 1