Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Multicore co-ax cable use
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeToday at 11:00 am by Purple Witch

» Are you sitting comfortably?
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeToday at 10:46 am by Hotel Zulu 253

» Hi to all :) (Issued)
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by Victor

» 11m Call sign request (Issued)
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:29 am by Victor

» HF Contacts 10m
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:15 am by Victor

» T2LT antenna solutions
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 11:40 pm by Zippy168

» Callsign Request (Issued)
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:22 pm by Victor

» Amateur Radio is an expensive hobby!.......?
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 9:18 pm by Victor

» Baluns not working
80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 7:55 pm by VanRougeT4

Keywords
6900 list 9900 yaesu sign anytone Mckinley 2022 software call 2023 supply chart callsign president Sirio lincoln meter 2011 2024 power ss9900 antenna ALINCO display frequency
QRZ Database

80-6 meter vertical antennas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

80-6 meter vertical antennas Empty
PostSubject: 80-6 meter vertical antennas   80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2024 11:34 am

hi i will be soon having my antennas fitted the vertical is a sigma euro com hf fibre glass 80/6 m any one using this type of hf verticals  i live in shelterd housing so i can fit 2 vertical antennas also i will fit a 6/2/70cms coliner so i am happy here and i have support for my health problems have a great week end 73s paul m0kbd cheers
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: 80-6 meter vertical antennas   80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 5:39 am

Hi Paul,

Depending on who you ask short verticals are admired for what they do or despised for what they don't.

I'm always of the opinion that any antenna is better than no antenna.

I would think that such a setup would work well enough for 20m to 6m and maybe left a little bereft on the lower bands but of course it's mentioned that an external ATU may be required for 80m work. It certainly isn't going to be an NVIS antenna so unless you're close enough for ground wave contact on a typical daytime 40m contact you may luck out. Then again it may prove useful for further afield contact especially working that greyline or night time activities. (My 'short' horizontal certainly does! Smile )

It's great that you are doing everything possible to continue your radio passions despite circumstances and I congratulate you with your efforts. 80-6 meter vertical antennas 1f44d

If your passion also includes chatting to other operators (conversation is often bereft with certain personal circumstances) it may also be worthwhile looking at other 'radio' options available to you. I'm speaking of the digitally connected world which I know some spit at but it can be an enjoyable pursuit.

To give you a flavour it may be worthwhile seeing if you can connect to the simplex gateway (like a repeater) MB7ICC which is located in your area and I believe still active :-

https://www.qrz.com/db/MB7ICC

This radio gateway connects to 'HUBnet' which can be quite busy with operators from all over the world opening up opportunities for contacts to be made. You should be able to access it with whatever standard CTCSS enabled VHF equipment you have and give you some idea of the operations of such facilities.

If this takes your fancy you could then move on to getting your own digital 'HotSpot' which connects to your internet connection and would allow you access to much more besides.

Worth a look as you never know, you may enjoy it. 80-6 meter vertical antennas 1f44d 

I wish you well there Paul and do take good care of yourself.

All the best,
Victor

rabbi and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
SangueG
Major contributor
Major contributor
SangueG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3971 / 2E0LMI
Times Thanked : 81
QTH or Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Equipment Used : Little radios, home-made antennas

PostSubject: Re: 80-6 meter vertical antennas   80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 7:13 am

Good morning Paul. That's great you are allowed a couple of antennas up so you can continue your passion.

I know someone local who has, not that exact model, but a similar type antenna setup. I wonder if you are going to mount the 80/6 on the ground or elevate it? I ask because, the person I know has it elevated just to the first floor level, but has it mounted on a metal balcony railing (a long one that stretches three properties). With an ATU at it's base it covers many bands and I have heard him work stations near and far on high and low bands.

Hope it works well for you, and whether it's on the ground or elevated if you find it's not doing quite as well as you hoped then try adding something to it for a ground, it make make a big difference for you.

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://station-master.online/2E0LMI
rabbi
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : m3kbd/2e0kbd/m0kbd
Times Thanked : 2
QTH or Location : stockton on tees
Equipment Used : kenwood ts 2000x ascom 70mhz icom vlf/hf/uhf receivers multiband antennas

PostSubject: hf vertical at new qth   80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 12:08 pm

hi thanks for your reply i will soon have the hf vertical here with the coliner 6/2/70cms a local antenna fitter is being sorted out who will erect cb/ham type areils as the others only fit free veiw sat dab fm areils i have a mfj artifisal ground as fitting an earth rod chould break a waste pipe and the home whould not be pleased i chould hang out a wire from the flat to outside as a counterpoise and pull it back up when qrt  i have ordered a new work bench type table to operate my radios on i have a wire dipole for 4 meters in the future thanks for looking paul m0kbd 73s

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 80-6 meter vertical antennas   80-6 meter vertical antennas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80-6 meter vertical antennas
Page 1 of 1