Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Martins norfolk NET 27.355 lsb
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:28 pm by John123

» Are you sitting comfortably?
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:19 pm by John123

» New Call Sign (Issued)
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:58 pm by John123

» Re: [Contact] CT Call Sign 11m (Issued)
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:56 pm by John123

» Multicore co-ax cable use
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:30 pm by SangueG

» Hi to all :) (Issued)
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 9:27 am by Victor

» 11m Call sign request (Issued)
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 7:29 am by Victor

» HF Contacts 10m
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2024 6:15 am by Victor

» T2LT antenna solutions
I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 11:40 pm by Zippy168

Keywords
2023 yaesu supply president 2011 ALINCO antenna frequency power 2024 Mckinley anytone callsign lincoln list 2022 ss9900 6900 Sirio meter sign display call software chart 9900
QRZ Database

I blame our Victor.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

I blame our Victor. Empty
PostSubject: I blame our Victor.   I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Got to pin this moment of madness on Victor.
As we know he got a new toy recently ie a FT-710 and he is loving it by all accounts.
Well he did email me to tell me when he first got it and ever since then it had me thinking.
Not had any new toy for well over a year so as you do i did a bit of googling watching the odd video some reading like you.
Talking with my station commander today as she has just had a nice holiday in Cypress with some family but i didn't want to go.
Well this morning she said why don't you treat yourself ????????????????????????????????.
Well i think i have lost the plot i bought the Icom IC7610 told her and she just said if it's what you want good.
Anybody got any info tips anything on this radio as i need some reading to pass the time until it comes tomorrow.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: I blame our Victor.   I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 4:00 pm

'Ere, don't you go blaming your moths escaping from the wallet on me! Wink Very Happy

Ha! Joking aside, well done there Alan mate. I blame our Victor. 1f44d

Apparently from what I've heard on the bands I'm supposed to be spitting at the Icom brand as I've got mostly Yeasu gear......Oh, hang on I've got an Icom too so that's alright.

You might get a better response for material on the 7610 if you entitle your posting as such Alan. It looks like there's a lot of info out there as well as real in depth technical reports.

Have fun and enjoy the new radio. I blame our Victor. 1f44d 

Victor

Alan Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: I blame our Victor.   I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Been looking and discussing this 7610 with a m8 for a few weeks now.
He finds stuff i can't he is good like that.
We where talking about the DPD feature this morning in a video call.
Wasn't going to tell him yet that i had bought one but i les it slip and now he won't talk to me lol.
Tried calling him 2 or 3 times but no reply he will be ok tomorrow as i think he wan's my 7300 witch has to go and i might part with the ftdx10 as well i don't need 5 hf set's plus no room on the radio shelf.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 374
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: I blame our Victor.   I blame our Victor. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2024 4:36 pm

DPD....Digital Pre-Distortion, hmmm looks good from what I'm reading.

(Nice for a manufacturer to concentrate on how clean the output signal is too! I blame our Victor. 1f44d )

To think Alan mate, it wasn't that long ago that we didn't have any of this sort of stuff and just dipping our toes back into the CB waters. Now we've got 'tickets', shelves full of stuff and bits coming out of our ears.....plus keeping the station managers happy by staying out of their way. Wink Very Happy I blame our Victor. 1f602 

Long may it be so, it's not like we can manage the alternative of traipsing around a golf course eh? Very Happy

Enjoy your reading there Alan and I can see your smile when the new box turns up. Be good to catch you on the bands again but with the new kit. (Heard you on 160m the other morning but don't think you caught me, a band I haven't got you in the logs for yet.)

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I blame our Victor.   I blame our Victor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I blame our Victor.
Page 1 of 1