Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» what was your first radio and antenna
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Callsign Request
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 pm by K4RLMORG4N

» Eastbourne weekly FM net
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:12 pm by spurs dazza47

» call sign
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:30 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:28 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:27 pm by haridas

» happy to be onboard
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by haridas

» Callsign request
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:19 pm by Dogma

» Gettin a CT call sign (Information Requested)
happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:12 pm by Victor

Keywords
supply frequency 2011 lincoln list 6900 president call display sign meter ss9900 chart ALINCO callsign anytone Mckinley Sirio 9900 2022 2023 power software yaesu antenna 2024
QRZ Database

happy to be onboard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
haridas

Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : sofia bulgaria
Equipment Used : super star 360 and cobra

happy to be onboard Empty
PostSubject: happy to be onboard   happy to be onboard Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:28 pm

hi, here is a bit of my background, I got into CB back in 1980,s when it was illegal in the UK. Back then, we only could get AM 40 channel rigs it wasn't long before I found out in America and Europe we could have sideband rigs and even FM multimode rigs I was hooked, I started bringing in rigs from Belgium and they sold like hot cakes, Te skip was creat for DX and I started selling home base antennas as well as mobile ones, after a run in with the customs and having rigs confiscated i decided to take the government to the European court with the aid of a friend who was a QC, i was in the magistrate's court in Maidstone first, and refused to make a plea on the grounds the law they used to take my radios we illegal, the customs were mad with me but well it went to the crown court and then no plea either, 3 years this went on. in the end the customs made a plan that if folk paid a small amount of VAT, their radios were a  legal import even though it was not allowed to be used, anyway before we got to the European court, they legalised it on FM. there is more to it than that but when the uk signed the Treaty of Rome in it was included the agreements about CB Radio, still radio mad i live in sofia bulgaria now

Dogma likes this post

Back to top Go down

happy to be onboard
Page 1 of 1