Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
» New Member call sign request
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeToday at 9:53 am by StevieG

» First Contact
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeToday at 7:58 am by Alan - Mirror Man

» Waiting For Santa
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeToday at 7:46 am by Cozzmik

» My first contact was a disaster (help)
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeToday at 7:00 am by Alan - Mirror Man

» Forgot Log In Details
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 am by Pagan

» SELLING UP after 3 days
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:55 pm by STARSHIP

» Introduction and Call Sign request (Issued)
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:34 pm by John123

» New Member Introduction (Issued)
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:25 pm by John123

» New Member Introduction (Issued)
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:39 pm by GaryWilson

Most active topic starters
Sydthecat
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Vote_lcapAMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Voting_barAMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Vote_rcap 
Matt86
AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Vote_lcapAMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Voting_barAMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Vote_rcap 
Badgeruk1980
Firetrap
26cz455
Andybron
rabbi
Sgt Bilko
mickyboy
GaryWilson
Keywords
Mobile antenna midland Mckinley ALINCO callsign ss9900 alan radio list Baofeng 6900n yaesu members president Wales division sign frequency Sirio request Calling file lincoln Buxton power
May 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Classified Adverts

Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 12 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests :: 2 Bots

Alan Pilot, BigTone, Frisco, Joburgtaxi, MV Communicator, NUBSTER, Padrick, pj73308, Ricochet, Sgt Bilko, StevieG, Sydthecat

Most users ever online was 230 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:46 pm

AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue Boy

QTH or Location : North Manchester
Call Sign : 26-CT-3366
Equipment Used : tti 660 - binatone 5 star

AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Empty
PostSubject: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 1:48 am

Does anybody know of an 'active' Ham radio club near Higher Blackley, Manchester please? Lo ve my cb but want to progress a bit - amateur radio licence etc....
Back to top Go down
Victor

Victor

QTH or Location : Bedford
Call Sign : 26-CT-3228
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 6:44 am

Hi Thomas,

The RSGB has a club finder page on their website, (click link below)

https://rsgb.org/main/clubs/club-finder/

Just type in your postcode or location, set the distance and any clubs registered will show up.
You can then click on the details to get web pages, emails, or telephone numbers to contact the club.

Best of luck with it.
Victor
Back to top Go down
Blue Boy

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 11:17 pm

I have tried this Victor and tried to contact by e-mail but no answer. I'll run it again and see what happens - thanks for the info...
Tom.
Back to top Go down
Victor

Victor

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 am

No worries Tom.
I had the same issue whilst trying to find local clubs and the few I visited left something to be desired.
In the end I found a couple of good clubs but they're next county over, (both counties either side of mine!) Not wanting to make long round trips I pretty much gave up.

I hope you have better luck in finding a good club not too far away from you.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Blue Boy

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 2:13 am

Hi Victor, I have tried Bury Radio Society and got in touch with Peter Butterworth who seems to look after newbies there. He answered me very quickly and gave me lots of info on the club, it's activities and the help it gave towards the exams. He came across as being very interested and invited me to one of their meetings and then - Covid 19!!! I am still in touch and he gave me some frequencies to listen in to the net broadcasts. Sounds promising. Thank you for your support
Tom Graham.
Back to top Go down
Victor

Victor

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 am

Hi Tom,

Glad you found some good info and a good contact with Pete, great to find someone genuine to assist you along.

Regards Covid-19, take a look at the latest on the RSGB website with their changes to the Foundation test. They have currently waived the practical assessment requirements and offered an online system to take your Foundation Smile

You'll have to apply your interest and their are some caveats in that you'll need a PC running Windows 7 or later, or a Mac computer both requiring a webcam, (unfortunately I run a Linux PC and Android tablet neither of which are suitable so kick in the teeth yet again for me!)

I only hope that this new system is successful and the RSGB see fit to implement this on a permanent basis. I know the "old school" brigade and BR68ers will think it'll open the floodgates like 27/81 did for CB and ruin things but times have changed and the RSGB could do well to pull themselves into modernity, (not just in digital modes and shiny SDR based rigs!)

Anyway, hope that's of help to you.

All the best,
Victor
Back to top Go down
Sydthecat
Admin
Sydthecat

QTH or Location : Yorkshire dales
Call Sign : 2E0VRX
Equipment Used : Yaesu FTdx 3000, MD200 mic ,Vortex 4 ele Yagi

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 am

Great advice from Victor 👍

Good luck with obtaining your foundation licence , certainly well worth the effort and very rewarding

Sounds like the Bury club are on the ball and when things return back to normal I would pay them a visit , as been said before some clubs are better than others at making newbies ( ham) welcome

Welcome to our forum / club

Craig CT Admin 73
Back to top Go down
Victor

Victor

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 7:47 am

Cheers Craig.

I wish Tom and others like him, (myself included), the best of luck in pursuing their amateur radio interests.

I hope you don't mind but I also posted a little on the training section of the forum regards the online testing in that it may help others.

Cheers,
Victor
Back to top Go down
STARSHIP

STARSHIP

QTH or Location : PRESTON, LANCASHIRE
Call Sign : 26CT695/M3PIE
Equipment Used : KENWOOD TS-570DG,

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 9:30 am

The west Manchester radio club seems to be the popular one that I hear about the most.
http://www.wmrc.co.uk/

or try the Simpson radio club.
www.m0sra.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS   AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AMATEUR RADIO CLUBS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official Charlie Tango DX Radio Group :: Community Hangout :: General Chat-