Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 12:11 pm by glenn dog

» CRT space U/ space V
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 11:27 am by 26CT1074

» CW sidesweeper, new project
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 11:01 am by stephen Gunrunner

» EU conditions have started
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

Keywords
power Baofeng software display anytone antenna call Sirio Mckinley callsign Mobile meter 6900 2022 9900 frequency 2023 president lincoln list supply ALINCO sign chart yaesu ss9900
QRZ Database

New member callsign request (Issued)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7576Dave

Call Sign : 26-CT-3382
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Macclesfield
Equipment Used : Amstrad 901 Fidelity 2000

New member callsign request (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 am

Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I've reached that time in life when I want to fire up the radios which have sat in the wardrobe for the last 35 years. I know very little about the process these days (AM or FM? USB, mid or LSB???) but I reckon this group is the best place to begin learning. I have a Tristar 777 which I was given years ago & never used - maybe someone can tell me whether I can legally use it in the the UK? Also have an Amstrad 901 which I used for nattering with mates in the 1980's.
To the moderators - would you please issue me with a callsign. I tried to register a couple of years ago, not sure whether it was a success, so you might already have my details on file - afraid I'm not much good with websites, passwords, usernames etc... Life used to be a lot simpler!
Anyway, good to meet you all via the forum, look forward to speaking to you on the air one day Smile
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello and welcome, Dave.

Unfortunately your Tristar is not legal to use in the UK, you need to be aware of that. But, these days nobody is really bothered about the fact and I cannot remember the last time someone was prosecuted for using illegal radios on cb. The authorities (Ofcom these days) tends to 'turn a blind eye' as they have neither the budget or resources to chase illegal use of CB radio on 11 metres.

Since you were last active, SSB/AM has become legal to use on mid-band only, (legalised in 2014) with 4w am/fm and 12w ssb. You should use a type approved radio to fully comply with the regulations, but as I have stated nobody is really bothered. People tend to use a mix of old school (Tristar, Cobras, Superstars), Modern multi-modes (optimas, Anytones) or modified  hf amateur radios on the band. 27.555 USB (channel 12 high-band) is still very popular and the most used calling frequency/channel worldwide for serious users and DXers.

Gary will be along to issue you with a call-sign. I hope you enjoy your return to the hobby and browsing the forum.

73s John.

Last edited by John123 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

7576Dave likes this post

Back to top Go down
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi Dave, welcome to the CTDX group, you'll be back up to speed before you know it
73s
Steve

7576Dave likes this post

Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 5:22 am

Hello Dave, welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. Great intro buddy!

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-3382 may you have good luck with it.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

7576Dave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
7576Dave

Call Sign : 26-CT-3382
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Macclesfield
Equipment Used : Amstrad 901 Fidelity 2000

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 11:08 am

Hi John, Steve & Gary, many thanks for your replies, and for my callsign:)
My late response is due to - you guessed it - forgetting my login details!! Honestly if I had a brain I could do SO much...Luckily the old fashioned method of writing it down on a piece of paper worked - can’t beat it can you?
Thanks for the info about the 777 and the calling channels. Combined with YouTube videos it’s beginning to make more sense, and once I decide how/where to mount my aerial I’ll be giving it a go - I see John’s in Manchester so maybe that’s in range of Macclesfield on a good day.

Hope you all survived the various lockdowns in good shape - wishing a successful 2021 to you all Smile
Best wishes,

Dave.

John123 and StevieG like this post

Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 12:27 pm

No worries, Dave.👍

I should be able to work you easily, so look forward to catching you on the radio.👍

73s John.
Back to top Go down
Tony Curtis
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Tony Curtis

Call Sign : 26-CT-1952
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : Kent
Equipment Used : Zello Radio

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the group.

Tony 26-CT-1952
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member callsign request (Issued)   New member callsign request (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member callsign request (Issued)
Page 1 of 1