Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Hi new to this group just checkn in...
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:47 pm by John123

» new call sign (Issued)
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:42 pm by John123

» CT call sign request (Information requested)
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:40 pm by John123

» CB antenna/ PMR antenna compatibility question.
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:13 pm by Razz229

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 8:42 pm by Razz229

»  baofeng t1 mini handy users uk
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 2:59 pm by Izzi

» Store bought antenna to use with baofeng t1 mini handy
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 2:20 pm by Izzi

» Antron 99 install loads of noise
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 1:57 pm by micscave

» HF Contacts 15m
Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeToday at 10:11 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
power 2023 supply anytone meter president Sirio software yaesu antenna 2022 Baofeng list chart frequency callsign sign 6900 call ss9900 ALINCO 9900 lincoln display Mckinley Mobile
QRZ Database

Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darren.johnson

Call Sign : 2-CT-238
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Equipment Used : KPO DX-5000 PLUS (no extra watts). Sigma Venom 1/2 Wave 18' Silver Rod Antenna.

Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Empty
PostSubject: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi fellow CT Members,

Before we get started, I'd just like to say this frequency chart was originally created by Delboy, and all credit should go to him for this work. https://delboyonline.blogspot.com/p/cb-radio-frequency-list.html?m=0

It's an easy to read freeband frequency chart/guide detailing all the bands A-F, AM/FM/USB/LSB (and also the 27/81), so you can easily see such things as;

• Which are the freeband channels.
  • Which are the legal channels.
  • Which are the ham channels (so you don't accidentally go on them).
  • Most popular call-up channels AM/FM/USB/LSB.
  • Both frequencies & channel numbers.

It's an Excel document and I haven't locked it, so you can easily amend it for your own needs.  It is totally free for everyone to use.

This is especially helpful for people just getting into freebanding, or have a radio that doesn't have a frequency display (only a channel display).  When I started I didn't have a clue with bands A-F, AM/FM/USB/LSB, so I adapted the one originally created by Delboy, so new people can easily and quickly find their way around.

You can download a copy directly from my shared Google Documents:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eU9MiLwNIli-jcQB4twREmiuabj9VLob?usp=sharing

73's,

Darren.
Call Sign: 2CT238.

Last edited by darren.johnson on Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Kanai Lad, darren.johnson, John79 and Mr T like this post

Back to top Go down
Whyachi
Whyachi

Call Sign : 41-CT-005 / ZL1AML
QTH or Location : Whangarei
Equipment Used : ANYTONE AT-5555N II CB Radio

PostSubject: Re: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 9:03 pm

Very good - TY   - I will send you an Email
Back to top Go down
walt

Call Sign : CT2934
QTH or Location : West Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu / LCL / Midland / ICOM

PostSubject: Re: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Nice one Darren!
Quick question: 
On your sheet, which SSB channels/frequencies are the UK legal ones?
I can only see the usual UK FM in blue?
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
darren.johnson

Call Sign : 2-CT-238
QTH or Location : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Equipment Used : KPO DX-5000 PLUS (no extra watts). Sigma Venom 1/2 Wave 18' Silver Rod Antenna.

PostSubject: Re: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 8:14 pm

walt wrote:
Nice one Darren!
Quick question: 
On your sheet, which SSB channels/frequencies are the UK legal ones?
I can only see the usual UK FM in blue?
Many thanks

Hi Walt,

Welcome to the world of expanded (converted) 10 meter radios to 11 meter radios.

For the UK I believe the 40 FM  27/81 channels 27.60125 to 27.99125  This is a unique set of channels not set up 10 meter radios, even if you expand the radio to 11 meters, you still wont get the 27/81 UK FM channels, they have to be programmed in separately.  On my chart you will see I have two Band F columns.  Band F is what you get standard if you expand a 10 meter radio to 11 meters.  Band F (alternative) is what a reputable CB Radio shop like Knights https://www.kcb.co.uk/ will assign to Band F if you ask them when you buy a 10 meter radio from them.  They assign it to Band F because most of the channels on Band F (11 meter) are HAM frequencies (channel 12 to 40), and as they are not freebands and hence useless to you as you are not allowed to use them, they will reprogram Band F to the UK 27/81 for you.

I believe you also have in the UK what's known as "The Mids", which are the 40 AM, 40 USB and 40 LSB channels on Band D.  All these channels use 26.965 to 27.405, so if your using a 10 meter radio converted (or expanded) to 11 meters, these channels would all be located on Band D, and simply switch between AM, LSB and USB.

I may have to do a post for a lot of newcomers to Freebanding explaining in plain English exactly how it works, is it is very confusing.  Back in the 80's we only had 40 FM channels in the UK, and it was simple to understand, but with modern radios they don't allways have the 40 channel numbers displayed instead they just show the frequencies.

It sounds hard but it's really not.

Bare bones simple explanation; 

1) Buy either a KPO DX-5000 Plus, or a CRT SS 6900V (V7), or Anytone AT5555 Plus they are basically all the same CB Radios. but the CRT puts out less watts.  You do a simple button press sequence and it changes it from 10 meter to 11 meter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCp1ILjcovs&list=WL&index=15 Then look at my frequency List (excel document) which explains bands A-F and the modes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eU9MiLwNIli-jcQB4twREmiuabj9VLob?usp=sharing

2) Buy an antenna and put it on your house, either a Solarcon A-99 (used to be called Antron A-99) fiberglass, won't bend in the wind, or if you want something cheaper like I use, I have a Sigma Venom 1/2 wave silver rod.

I would suggest Knights https://www.kcb.co.uk/ I am no way connected to this shop, it's just i've used them before and found them to be outstanding.

3) watch a ton of "Fred in the Shed" YouTube videos, this guy is a freebander and from my past experience he knows his stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZtk89Srgg&list=WL&index=1

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Darren.
2-CT-238
Back to top Go down
walt

Call Sign : CT2934
QTH or Location : West Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu / LCL / Midland / ICOM

PostSubject: Re: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2023 2:22 pm

Many thanks for your detailed reply Darren.
My suggestion was really to help out newbies to know technically which are the actual legal UK SSB frequencies (i.e. 'D' Mid).
Might help them to put 'Legal USA+UK' on your key?
...but I'm probably being petty - thanks for an excellent chart old man Smile
Walt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.   Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeband Frequency Chart - made with new people in mind.
Page 1 of 1