Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
display yaesu frequency 2023 president antenna power lincoln meter supply anytone 6900 Sirio callsign 9900 ss9900 Baofeng ALINCO chart Mckinley 2022 sign list call software Mobile
QRZ Database

President Lincoln 2 power

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
26CT231ANDY

Call Sign : 26-CT-231
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Cambridge
Equipment Used : Linoln 2

lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Empty
PostSubject: President Lincoln 2 power    lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi ALL

Trust all are well at these times.

Please can I ask for some help/advice, I am trying to check my power out put on USB on my Lincoln 2, I run a A99 aerial.. to check the SWR I am using a Zetagi HP 202 inline, which is set on 100W.

When I key the mic (a Road devil) and with the RF RWR on Full, when talking into the mic my forward is between 1 and 2, the reflect is just above the "0" is this correct reading I should see or should my Forward be showing a lot higher number meaning more power output.. confused

Thank you for any help

Cheers

Andy (26CT231)
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln 2 power    lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Hello Andy.

With SSB there is no carrier so the RF signal is created from your voice when you speak into the mike.

If you whistle or speak into the mike you will see the needle on the meter move. As far as I'm aware that meter doesn't have a peak hold function so it won't be easy for you to get an accurate reading anyway. You should get an idea from how far it appears to rise.

Always remember to check your SWR in FM mode for exactly the same reason.

I very much doubt the output will be anything other than the design spec anyway.

73's Gary.

Tristar likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
Northern Crusader
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : M0GVZ / 26CT1760
Times Thanked : 35
QTH or Location : IO94SA
Equipment Used : Icom 7300, TS480, President McKinley, Albrecht AE6110, CRT Mike

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln 2 power    lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 7:27 pm

As above. To measure SSB power properly you need a proper peak hold meter which means one that needs a power supply to work as it needs a bit of circuitry including op amps to work, not just one that has a button labelled peak hold which tries to use a capacitor and really doesn't do the job.

I did a video a while back of the difference and the unpowered peak hold ones would show around 20-30W on a transceiver with 100W output whilst the proper peak hold meter showed 100W.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln 2 power    lincoln - President Lincoln 2 power  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Lincoln 2 power
Page 1 of 1