Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» CT call sign (Issued)
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:49 pm by babis3g

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

» Is FM CB still alive?
Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:26 am by axlejack

Keywords
ss9900 2023 Mobile meter chart antenna sign yaesu frequency display supply callsign list Baofeng 9900 power ALINCO president Sirio anytone software lincoln call Mckinley 2022 6900
QRZ Database

Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)

Go down 
+2
Service One
Templar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

Call Sign : 26-CT-3550 Ham:- M7DEW
Times Thanked : 3
QTH or Location : Huddersfield West Yorkshire. UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-450D. CRT SS 6900n. CRT Micron

Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Empty
PostSubject: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi all.

Templar here, will be operating a base station (when i get it all set up!) in central Huddersfield. Coming back to CB' ing after many years off the air waves. Like some of you i was a keen enthusiast back in the late 70's to late 80's and from memory i had a great time. Got hooked when i was in Berlin serving with the Army.
Back in the day i ran a Cobra 148 GTL-DX and found it a great reliable all-rounder. Back then my handle was Renegade and callsign Tango Romeo 24 when DX'ing.
Whatever happened to that great CB magazine of the time ? Anyone got any old copies they don't want ?
I'm currently reading up from some books on my kindle i got cheap to refresh my memory for the technical stuff, i'm sure it will all come back to me when i get started. Currently looking for a rig/set up to get me started again from the local ads, i'm going for second hand as money is tight at the mo, but i'm already getting excited.!

When i get set up i'm hoping to link up with other users on the airwaves in and around the Huddersfield area,(and some DX'ing too) so if your'e around there and reading this then say hi on here and i'll listen out for you. I don't expect it to be as busy as it was back then, but you never know, i'm looking forward to getting back into a hobby i loved so much and taking it from there.
Well thats about all for now, thanks for reading and look forward to your replies soon.

Cheers,
Dale.
Back to top Go down
Service One
Service One

Call Sign : 26-CT-263 / Service One
QTH or Location : Huddersfield/Torremolinos
Equipment Used : Albrecht AE6110 Multi Channel Alan 546R,Motorola Talkabout T82/T82 Extreme,Retvis RT7 CRT Space U x 2 One in the car One in the Bedroom monitoring channel 8

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 1:45 am

Hi and Welcome from 26CT263 as of yet i am mobil only as i suffering badly from bone cancer which i am being treated at the HRI so cant do much on 11 Mtrs only rx when im out in the car and i have the rig set to scan there is some one on channel 19 not far from me who gets out very nicely i am a bit restricted to rx-ing as one of the side effects of the cancer is a very restricted voice so not much talking for me.

73s Norman
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

Call Sign : 26-CT-1836 Ham 2E0GGQ
Times Thanked : 350
QTH or Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire.
Equipment Used : Radios & Wires & Stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 5:51 am

Hello Dale, a very warm welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. Nice intro! Very Happy

73's Gary
Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0GGQ
StevieG
Major contributor
Major contributor
StevieG

Call Sign : 26-CT-3239 , Jolly Roger 272, 26-TG-987 , 26-RB-060 , 26-CO-3239
Times Thanked : 120
QTH or Location : SW London
Equipment Used : Icom IC 7610, Stryker sr955hpc, Colt Excalibur SSB, President GrantII JacksonII McKinley EU, CRTSS6900N,CRTSS9900, KPO DX5000 Plus, Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2, Cobra 2000 GTL, Zetagi B550p, Bremi BRL200, RM KL200P, KL203P, KL703, Sirio 4000, Sirio 3000 Bull, Stryker SR-A10, Antron99 Fire up , Hawkins Thunderbolt SSD58+ , Sirio 827, Heil pro micro headset, KPO NM532-KPO NM452- Astatic 575M6 Astatic D104 Silver Eagle, Delta M2 , UR6QW 8 Band eq, Uniden and AOR scanner

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 7:34 am

Hi Dale, welcome to the CTDX group
73s
Steve.
Back to top Go down
SailorJu
SailorJu

Call Sign : 26-CT-3473
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Huddersfield
Equipment Used : gre psr 216, Alinco 2m handheld, crt ss 9900, old cb handle "Seadog" ex-Navy :)

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 9:34 am

Dale, hi mate, was nice chatting last week on the cb, good to see you on here mate, see you around, seems theres a few of us from Huddersfield around Smile

Regards

Seadog.

Last edited by SailorJu on Thu May 07, 2020 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John123
CT Directors
CT Directors
John123

Call Sign : 26CT763
Times Thanked : 148
QTH or Location : Manchester
Equipment Used : Optima, Superstar 360fm, Stalker 9fdx, President Jack

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello and welcome, Dale.

73s John.
Back to top Go down
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:34 am

Guys, many thanks for the kind replies, the original intro has been up for some time now and I was surprised at the sudden flurry of activity. Apologies for the late response but I don't have Internet access at home so I'm using my phone. Although I have noticed that the icons at the top of the screen are missing so I can't get access to my profile - any ideas?
Update:- now operating a CRT SS 6900N formula zero coax into a Dipole in the loft (not allowed external antennas) Transmitting on 8 Watts local and 20 on SSB but I have plenty in hand if I need it. Very happy with the rig, wish I had the scan feature on my old rigs of 40 years ago.
Seadog, good to copy you mate, haven't heard you on lately hope everything is OK at your end. This lock down has affected us all I'm sure, (I'm on furlough myself) but it has brought many back to the hobby, the increased activity is very positive. Stay safe everyone and stay well. Chat soon, 73's.

Last edited by Templar on Sat May 16, 2020 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 10:15 am

Can someone please help me out here possibly with a link, cheers. I can't find my callsign in the published lists (England) and I've lost the notes I wrote it on. Putting my name in the search box doesn't seem to work. I know I requested one back in August last year as ive found my original post but can't find the reply. I'm not very computer savvy so if someone could help me out with this it would be appreciated as I'm looking forward to using my callsign this summer. Cheers guys and thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 4:29 pm

Hello Dale. Welcome once again.

I think you may have been missed with the call sign allocation. We were migrating forum hosts last August I did backtrack but only until the beginning of November. Sorry for the delay.

I am delighted to allocate you 26-CT-3550 may you have good luck with it.

The forum is working as it should so perhaps try a different mobile browser.

73's Gary.

C.T. Admin.

Back to top Go down
Templar
Contributor
Contributor
Templar

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Gary.
Thanks very much for sorting it out for me, it's much appreciated. I'll be using it this summer when the Skip rolls in. And re the browser, someone suggested that I just put it on the Web version page, and yes it works perfectly, everything I need is there. So thanks again mate, your pic on the QRZ page is excellent, those mirrored pilot glasses are awesome and were all the rage with the CB crowd back in the day along with my polo neck sweater, firestik and a Cobra sitting in my Capri. Can't remember the girlfriends name, they changed every month or so. Happy days.!
Cheers good buddy and good DX. Stay safe.
73's
Dale
26-CT-3550
M7DEW
Back to top Go down
GaryWilson
CT Directors
CT Directors
GaryWilson

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 5:59 pm

You're very welcome Dale,

There were a couple of openings on 10 & 11 meters last week so we're just on the cusp of the E-Skip season I've only had the one contact on 10 meters so far this year but my radio time has been limited so I need to put some more effort in. I'm usually dwelling on 20 & 40 when time permits.

Ah yes that mugshot was taken in Vilamoura in Portugal a couple of years ago. We would have been flying to Agadir in Morocco next Thursday but alas Covid-19 has prevented that trip. The QRZ picture needs updating but it'll have to wait until I have good reason to get the sunglasses out again! lol!

The Ford Capri the car of childhood dreams mate. Have you seen the price of classic Fords? I wish I hadn't put so many of them in ditches now!!!! Very Happy

Stay safe Dale. Hope to catch you on this summers short skip for a QSO!!

73's Gary.
Back to top Go down
SailorJu
SailorJu

Call Sign : 26-CT-3473
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Huddersfield
Equipment Used : gre psr 216, Alinco 2m handheld, crt ss 9900, old cb handle "Seadog" ex-Navy :)

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 10:17 am

Templar wrote:
Guys, many thanks for the kind replies, the original intro has been up for some time now and I was surprised at the sudden flurry of activity. Apologies for the late response but I don't have Internet access at home so I'm using my phone. Although I have noticed that the icons at the top of the screen are missing so I can't get access to my profile - any ideas?
Update:- now operating a CRT SS 6900N formula zero coax into a Dipole in the loft (not allowed external antennas) Transmitting on 8 Watts local and 20 on SSB but I have plenty in hand if I need it. Very happy with the rig, wish I had the scan feature on my old rigs of 40 years ago.
Seadog, good to copy you mate, haven't heard you on lately hope everything is OK at your end. This lock down has affected us all I'm sure, (I'm on furlough myself) but it has brought many back to the hobby, the increased activity is very positive. Stay safe everyone and stay well. Chat soon, 73's.

Hi mate, heard you briefly on Saturday I think, but the usual idiots were having a long conversation on ch19 as usual, so I flicked to USB instead, more likeable characters to make contact with.
Regards

Seadog, Julian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)   Calling - Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huddersfield Calling.! (Issued)
Page 1 of 1