Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» crt ss 9900
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeToday at 4:35 pm by stealth 57

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeToday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeToday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

» Anytone 6667
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:24 am by Julian brian

» Help needed
Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 am by Mighty mutts

Keywords
Sirio antenna Mobile 6900 lincoln Baofeng software ALINCO Mckinley chart supply anytone 9900 call list yaesu 2022 sign frequency callsign display 2023 meter ss9900 power president
QRZ Database

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Empty
PostSubject: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 11:41 pm

On February 2, 2021, in response to a Freedom of Information request, Ofcom released a database of amateur radio callsigns for the UK and Crown Dependencies

The database can be useful for people wanting to apply for a specific call sign as it shows calls which are not available for issue.

Those who've passed the RSGB Full exam have the option of applying for callsigns from the G and M call blocks including G3, G4, G5 and M5. Details of how to apply are at
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2020/november/g-callsigns-for-those-passing-full-exam.htm

It's understood someone who has passed the Intermediate can select callsigns from either the 2E0 or 2E1 call blocks and Foundation the M3, M6 or M7 blocks. Of those only 2E0 or M7 can be done online, for the others a manual application mentioned above is required.

Ofcom released a spreadsheet containing 146,763 callsigns with a status of either Allocated or Reserved.

Status categorisation:

• ‘Allocated’ means that the callsign is currently assigned to a station under an Amateur Radio licence. It is therefore not currently available for assignment to anyone else.

• ‘Reserved’ means that the callsign has been used within the past two years, although it is no longer, and is in the process of ‘cooling down’. It is therefore not currently available for assignment to anyone else, but operators will be able to apply for it again after the two-year period has expired.

Ofcom's reply to FoI
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/214224/list-of-all-call-signs.pdf

Spreadsheet of Allocated and Reserved callsigns
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/file/0021/210648/annex-list-of-uk-amateur-radio-callsigns.xlsx
Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

Call Sign : 26CT2727
Times Thanked : 54
QTH or Location : Stockport
Equipment Used : Icom 7300. Icom 705, Yaesu FTM400XD and a Yaesu FT70.

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 6:37 pm

I wonder why my Callsign isn’t on the list? 20twd

Red Fox
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
Red Fox

Call Sign : 108-CT-255
Times Thanked : 17
QTH or Location : Fife Scotland
Equipment Used : Squawk Boxes & Wires - Both Annoy the other half :)

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Try again Paddy  Very Happy

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns 8BBFWBALqmKZMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Back to top Go down
Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:20 am

Red Fox wrote:
Try again Paddy  Very Happy

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns 8BBFWBALqmKZMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Phew, I did a lower case search  lol!

Paddy
CT Directors
CT Directors
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:24 am

Well I was wrong no matter how I search I cannot find 20TWD

Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am

Paddy wrote:
I just copied/pasted your call and it comes up.
Mine didn't but i took the W out and found it  derrrrrr lol.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm

@Paddy I can't find your callsign either "Microsoft Office Excel cannot find the data you're searching for." so it's not just you.
Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Paddy wrote:

Weird...originally, I got the same error, then did a find all and up it comes.  Go figure....

Always worth setting the search criteria to workbook rather than sheet too, just in case you somehow have a different sheet getting run in the search.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 8
QTH or Location : Leicester
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Paddy wrote:
Ah, I've found the problem why I can't find your callsign, I'm using an old version of MS Excel, it only goes to 65535 lines max (doh), I installed Libre Office (free) and there it is, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns   Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ofcom release database of UK amateur radio callsigns
Page 1 of 1