Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
Foundation license Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:23 pm by Mr T

» gre 225 radio scanner
Foundation license Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by rabbi

» crt ss 9900
Foundation license Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by John123

» Διακριτικό κλήσεις ct (Issued)
Foundation license Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:38 pm by Vasilis

» CT call sign (Issued)
Foundation license Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:25 am by Mike90

» Alinco DX-10 DAT file
Foundation license Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm by Alberto Rugarli

Foundation license Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm by stealth 57

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Foundation license Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm by VanRougeT4

» Probably only ever buy 1/2 waves for 10m and 11m
Foundation license Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm by FreqFreak

Keywords
lincoln Baofeng yaesu software supply power Mckinley ss9900 ALINCO 6900 president sign frequency Mobile chart antenna callsign 2022 meter 9900 list call Sirio anytone display 2023
QRZ Database

Foundation license

Go down 
+3
Alan Pilot
Victor
Benjamin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin

Call Sign : 26-CT-4135
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : kimberley
Equipment Used : Various

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Foundation license

ok ive been doing alot of mock test on net on a site  i go to here https://radiotutor.uk/l/F/exam
i got the hand book like you do and in the qs theres nothing in hand book to help at all why take  stuff from the Intermediate and put in the Foundation license is beyond me crazy
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 6:32 am

Hi Benjamin,

Firstly, congratulations on deciding to take the path of achieving your Foundation Amateur Radio licence.  Foundation license 1f44d 

I'm not exactly sure what you're stating here unless it's just basic frustration?

Do you mean that the site you are visiting with the mock exams doesn't relate to the Foundation Manual info?

My best suggestion if you haven't done already is to undertake a course such as the Essex Ham free online course. They will teach you everything you need to know for passing the Foundation and you'll be tested on your knowledge as you progress along. If you are doing that then I would suggest sticking with it and forgetting about such mock exams as they could cause further confusion rather than help.

Remember, it's not down to trying to memorise the answers to questions but learning the subject material at hand. Courses such as the Essex Ham course will more than likely 'over-teach' you in a best effort to ensure that you pass. That's because you may receive a variety of questions taken from a pool of over 100 questions but you'll only be expected to answer 26 such questions.

You only have to get 19 questions correct out of the 26 on the exam to pass. They're testing for basic competency to hold an amateur radio licence, not if you're a genius or not. Wink

Anyway, I hope that is of some help.

All the best,
Victor

Pappy Nick, Alan Pilot, Markone and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 7:05 am

As Victor say's it's the learning the subject's.
I had an App on my ipad with mock tests and did god knows how many.
When it came to my actual exam i didn't get one question i don't think that had come up in the App.
Go on the free course with Essex Ham and you will get any help you ask for.
Even ask on here if you get stuck.

Victor, Markone and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
Gmonkey
Gmonkey

Call Sign : 26-CT-3890
QTH or Location : Luton, Bedfordshire
Equipment Used : CB - Twig: Sirio 2016 5/8. Rigs: ICOM 7300, Grant II Premium, Amstrad 901, CRT2000H, Murphy CH1500, Moonraker II, Harrier CBX, Harvard 420, Binatone Breaker Phone, Fidelity 3000. Scanners : Twig Wideband Generic. Rigs: AOR 8600 MK2, Realistic Pro 2005, Various scanning Dongles

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Essex Ham - Outstanding material and support, which helped me gain my Foundation license.

I would recommend them to anyone who's thinking of taking the Foundation exam.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bicyclos
Bicyclos

Call Sign : CT1081
QTH or Location : WEST YORKSHIRE
Equipment Used : Yuasu,891 and 450D. 18 radios and Hand full of pmr gear

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm

I have just filled in the form with Essex Ham for the foundation. Wanted to do this for the past 5yrs but work commitments had stopped me from joining a club. Work part time now(semi retired) Just bought a webcam for the computer, downloaded the testreach app for when I pay for the test and purchased the latest copy of the foundation course book. Started reading the book and looking forward on this journey.

Victor, Alan Pilot and SangueG like this post

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 8:20 pm

The Essex ham course is very good.
You will learn everything you need plus Pete will answer any questions you have.
There many members on here done there licence that way so you can ask on here as well.
Back to top Go down
Pappy Nick

Call Sign : 26-CT-3414 26-SW-1919 M7NBX
QTH or Location : Bristol, UK
Equipment Used : Xiegu X5105, Retevis RT-95, Anytone AT-D878UV, ALINCO DX-10, CRT SS6900 N, CRT One N, Baofeng UV-5R, Alinco DJ-X3

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 12:09 pm

I can also thoroughly recommend Essex Ham's online course, but - please, please, please, don't forget to "buy a coffee" for Pete. He puts a lot of work in  Wink

Markone likes this post

Back to top Go down
cbrmac
cbrmac

Call Sign : 163-CT-371
QTH or Location : Pembroke....(Pembrokeshire )
Equipment Used : Yaesu

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2024 7:39 pm

Ofcom decided that the foundation license was far to easy so they use a lot of the once intermediate questions...so when you study for the next exam it's a lot closer to the full ..if that answers your question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foundation license Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation license   Foundation license Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foundation license
Page 1 of 1