Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
chart list display frequency president 2023 lincoln Mckinley ss9900 antenna anytone ALINCO power supply software Mobile meter Baofeng 2022 yaesu 9900 callsign call Sirio sign 6900
QRZ Database

President Lincoln I QRM question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

Call Sign : 19-CT-024 / PD0GOL
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Steenwijk, JO32bs
Equipment Used : Dynascan AT5555,Yaesu FT-897, W3EDP junior, MFJ-925

president - President Lincoln I QRM question Empty
PostSubject: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Don't know if this is specific to the President lincoln, but maybe the total knowledge gathered here can shed  some light on the issue. I got a lot of QRM, S7, on FM on my lincoln, on my magnum 257 this is about an S1-3, same antenna, same power supply. On USB both read about the same (S1). I live in a rural area, but not too busy. My neighbours recently got solar panels.
Is the lincoln more sensitive at FM then the 257? Do solar panels radiate more FM then AM? The lincoln has recently been to a repairshop and got a recap and some finetuning.
What can i do? Buy a QRM eliminator? Any experiences with that?

Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 8:24 pm

I think if it's the first Lincoln then yes i would think it would get all the interference there is.
Solar panels wifi phone chargers and the likes will hammer it.
QRM eliminator ??? never tried one myself but seen good and bad reports.
Back to top Go down
glenn dog
Major contributor
Major contributor
glenn dog

Call Sign : 56-CT-004
Times Thanked : 11
QTH or Location : Oulu -Finland
Equipment Used : ft-450d-mc kinley - cobra 19dxeu- lincoln+2 - superstar lord - grant 2 - tti hand held- alan42- crt mike cb - zodiac 68 hunting radio hand held- and few PMR 2

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:38 am

May be you have to cut off all mains power in the house and use a temp power source and play around at your location, and if you can, get out in the car and see what the radio does at a new location, i had the 1st Lincoln back in 1999 to 2005, never had bad QRM, but back in 2005 think we had far less cheap power units and led lighting , only item what has given me QRM in the last year was a laptop docking station i use in my home office, good luck in fixing the problem,
Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks, i'll take him with me to my sons house who lives on the country side and also has a lincoln I. We'll compare the two.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 11:29 am

I have switched off the main power switch in my house (SWMBO was out Smile ) and fed the lincoln through a car battery. The QRM still remained. The next thing i'll do is wind an air choke in the RG213 leading to the imax. Perhaps grounding the antenna will also help, the top section of my mast is a glassfiber surfpole. Then the QRM eliminator may be ordered, any experience connecting the bypass connection for TX on a lincoln I? Should be TX GND, so pin 3 on the mike? Or can i pickup a GND from the accessory plug on the back of the Lincoln?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Grounding won't do any hame and might help.
One other thing is Do you have solar panels on your house ?.
Could be the next door causing it.
Air choke with RG213 might take some doing round a 4" former i used 8x when i did one.
Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Yep, i think it's next door. They recently got solar panels. I have some spare length in the RG213 and have seen some keeping the shape with duct tape, so that shouldn't be that big an issue. Also i'm making an choke from RG58 and ferrite core, but i'm waiting for version 0.3.9 of nanoVNA saver which seems to be able to measure impedance and resistance of chokes.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Just thought 213 might be a bit of a job bending it round a 4" former but if you can then go for it.
Back to top Go down
karelgol
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
karelgol

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 4:33 pm

The QRM eliminator is connected, but the auxiliary antenna doesn't catch enough noise. I have to turn the gain of the main antenna back from 10 to 8 to let the 2 noises phase eachother out. This leaves me with an S1 of QRM. I'll have to place the auxilliary antenna closer to the neighbours solar panels i suppose. I might just use the bent dipole i built myself for this purpose. A bit of directivity and another polarisation might just kill the noise and let the good vibes through Cool Very Happy

PS: Still have to connect the PTT, now just using the on/off switch.

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Lincoln I QRM question   president - President Lincoln I QRM question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Lincoln I QRM question
Page 1 of 1