Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» 11m conditions
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeToday at 6:08 am by SangueG

» EU conditions have started
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeToday at 6:04 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by SangueG

» CT callsign please (Issued)
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeToday at 2:23 am by Pozerman1959

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 pm by Sydthecat

» Siro Boomerang 27A
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:28 am by FreqFreak

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:10 am by Razz229

» Ten on 10m FM - event 20th April
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm by SangueG

» END FED QUESTIONS ..
radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am by VanRougeT4

Keywords
chart 6900 Sirio ss9900 president power 2023 software ALINCO meter list lincoln 2022 yaesu sign Baofeng callsign frequency antenna Mobile 9900 supply display Mckinley call anytone
QRZ Database

An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Empty
PostSubject: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 11:16 am

Hi All,

I hope you're all well and enjoying your radio. radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming 1f44d 

I've recently been lent a new radio from my old Ham friend to try out, a Leixen VV-898 VHF/UHF mobile.

It came in a very small box and when I opened it, sure enough it's a tiny little radio that the Chinese are so good at manufacturing. There weren't many channels or frequencies set up on it and after struggling at punching those little buttons on the front and the microphone I decided I'd have a go at programming it from the PC.........

I thought programming the Baofeng was bad enough and that was relatively easy with CHIRP!!!!

The struggle to get this thing programmed was unbelievable and it made me think about all you other poor buggers that have had to go through the same process. I can only say, flipping well done!
(Now I know why I love my old radios with their simple dials and switches. Wink )

Anyway, what followed was a moment of trying to regain sanity in my poor old brain so I took pen to paper and scribbled a little ditty.
I hope you enjoy it.......

radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Chines10

All the best,
Victor

(What is it they say? "He was a poet and didn't even know it" Very Happy )

Sgt Bilko, Alan Pilot, Alan - Mirror Man, DX-Digger, 2E0PWD, Uncle P, Hex and Mick Lake like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
2E0PWD
2E0PWD

Call Sign : 26-CT-4445 2E0PWD
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : York
Equipment Used : Alinco DX-10, Icom 735, TYT TH-9800, Ailunce HD1

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 6:15 pm

Laughing Laughing How true!  The 'Chinglish' is always difficult with absolutely no syntax (well, not English syntax)

Love the poetry, Victor.

They also say, "He makes things rhyme all the time!" Laughing

Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 5:46 am

Much appreciated John. radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming 1f44d 

Got to give you a 'thanks' if just for being the only respondent to this posting! Wink
(Started thinking my poetry sucked!)

Of course Paul, Sgt Bilko gave a 'like' a while back but then he's done so much on the forum to help members out with programming files, help etc. that he'd appreciate the subject and humour.

Alan - Mirror Man and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
2E0PWD
2E0PWD

Call Sign : 26-CT-4445 2E0PWD
Times Thanked : 1
QTH or Location : York
Equipment Used : Alinco DX-10, Icom 735, TYT TH-9800, Ailunce HD1

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 8:29 am

Being a newcomer to CTDX, I'm having a wander round to see what's on the site and I'm sure I'll come across some older posts that I'd like to repy to. Shocked Laughing

Enjoy your day, Victor  radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming 1f44d 

73s

John

Victor, Alan - Mirror Man and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 9:18 am

No worries there at all John and really good to see someone exploring the forum. Smile

Enjoy your day too. radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming 1f44d 

All the best,
Victor

Alan - Mirror Man and Uncle P like this post

Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm

had one but it would not go narrow stuck on wide there ok as a some thing radio very not user friendly but there is 100s better and at a little more ££££

Uncle P likes this post

Back to top Go down
Uncle P
Uncle P

Call Sign : 26-CT-4640
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Prescot, Merseyside
Equipment Used : Little boxes wi' knobs on and big metal stick thingy

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Loved it Victor. I found myself reading that to the Convoy theme tune buzzing through my head. Probably coz I just finished watching the movie...... and it worked radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming 1f604  

73's 

we gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming   radio - An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Ode to Chinese Radio Programming
Page 1 of 1