Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Winter 11m Challenge - from December 1st 2023 to 31st March 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» First homebase (Issued)
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeToday at 4:24 am by Victor

» 10 Metre Summer Challenge 2024
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:13 pm by John H

» Tank whip for homebase
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 pm by Hendo

» Foundation licence passed!
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:49 am by Al21

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:20 am by SangueG

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge League Table 2024
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 am by SangueG

» Returning Member / Callsign Re-Issue (Returning Member)
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 10:56 pm by John123

» Southern Area and South Coast SSB Net
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 9:05 pm by Razz229

» Introduction to the group. (Issued)
Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 4:52 am by Victor

Keywords
Mckinley software lincoln display sign frequency 6900 supply 9900 2022 antenna Sirio power 2023 list Mobile callsign meter ss9900 Baofeng president ALINCO call anytone yaesu chart
QRZ Database

Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...MW7TTA
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Empty
PostSubject: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 am

This is a total shot in the dark.
I have the bt complete wifi the black disc thing.
Well it has worked out in the shack for nearly 2 years now without any problems.
Last week it went funny in it had the connection to the smart hub 2 showing a good signal with me so far ?.
Go in the shack turn everything on as normal click on google but page timed out ????.
No internet speed well very little do a restart reboot the router and the black disc still the same.
Go indoors to my other pc that is on a wired connection and speed test spot on no problem.
So changed the smart hub 2 with another hub still the same results so change it again same result so 3 smart hub 2's can't be faulty.
Black disc me thinks so order one from amazon next day it comes so plug it into the hub 2 set it up take it to the shack plug it in.
Still the same results ???????????????????????????????????.
Sorry for the long post but anybody got any idea what could be going on as 3 hub's and 2 black disc's can't all have the same fault. 
Regards to all.
                   Alan.
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 am

Stumped ????? are we lol.
Forgot to say i changed channels in the router for wifi.
All on wire now but would love to find the answer.
Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 12:02 am

If you buy BT in the first place, then you need to go back to BT with the problem unfortunately bud.  When you say you'd changed channels, what EXACTLY did you do?
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 7:13 am

Channels i changed from auto and then selected them by number and went through them all.
I am with BT but bought the black disc myself not from bt.
Back to top Go down
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 349
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 am

Hi Alan,

When we started having WiFi 'woes' I downloaded an app that allows you to analyse WiFi channels and field strengths only to discover that my neighbours new Sky installation was on the same channel as ours!!! (Dirty trick by Sky blocking our Virgin signal!)

Could also quickly see which 'channel' was free so changed the router settings accordingly. 

We still get occasional 'drop outs' usually by other interference sources but otherwise all is good.

The important stuff, (like my shack computer!), is hard wired and a recent upgrade to gigabit speeds sees us in internet 'heaven'. I can websdr, pskreport, qrz etc. to my hearts content now without interrupting my wife's work from home internet connectivity. Wink

Hope you get sorted mate. Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" 1f44d

Alan Pilot likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I have it sorted well no more internet problem in the shack now.
Crippled me for a day or so but i found the answer.
Cat 8 outdoor cable along the skirting out of the air vent along the bell on the render of the bungalow over the wall and straight into the shack terminated at a BT-homehub 6Talking with a network technician this morning and even stumped him and his job takes him all over trouble shooting but he took some notes and is going to ask his colleges a he said it sounds like my repeater (black disc) is in a biscuit tin well that was the only way i cold put it.
My iphone connect to the main smart hub-2 and then used as a hotspot  in the shack works as it should.
Would still like to find the problem as it did my head in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"   Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shot in the dark "BT Complete wifi"
Page 1 of 1