Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeToday at 12:19 am by John123

» Galaxy Saturn modification ( -5khz )
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:54 pm by John123

» Static/noise
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by John123

» President Himalaya wb half wave
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:45 pm by John79

» South Coast PMR net report
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 pm by Razz229

» New shack in operation.
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:46 pm by VanRougeT4

» 11m conditions
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:50 pm by John123

» Your Amateur station is unique....but just how good is it?
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:15 pm by Victor

» Gainmaster 5/8
power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:06 pm by madmax

Keywords
meter sign software yaesu Sirio power 2022 6900 display ALINCO antenna president 2024 chart Baofeng ss9900 9900 frequency callsign lincoln anytone list 2023 Mckinley Mobile call
QRZ Database

Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Empty
PostSubject: Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....   power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 1:16 am

Hi all,

I've been struggling to find a simple power solution for my 2m/70cm Electro, which I thought would be easy to find.  For my 11m kit I use 50A cable with robust Anderson connectors, however that's a bit much to replicate for the Electro, which might possibly draw 10A maximum if I ever become fully qualified!  In the meantime, I need to be able to connect the set to either a cigarette lighter socket when mobile or portable, as well as my 10A power supply at home, which has bare wire connectors.  As such, I simply cut the factory supplied cigarette connector off the radio, so I'm now looking for a proper plug/unplug 10A DC connector which I can solder onto all my bits of wires.....  I've tried the usual motor centers, but they don't seem to offer anything which is designed for easy plugging/unplugging, if you know what I mean?

Cheers

Simon.

rabbi likes this post

Back to top Go down
43CT016
Major contributor
Major contributor
43CT016

Call Sign : 43-CT-016
Times Thanked : 22
QTH or Location : Perth
Equipment Used : iCom IC-7610/IC-9700/IC-705

PostSubject: Re: Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....   power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 8:57 am

Anderson Power Poles...almost the defacto standard for Amateur Radio. Very Happy

rabbi and TheReverend like this post

Back to top Go down
TheReverend
Senior contributor
Senior contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3921 / M7GDA
Times Thanked : 6
QTH or Location : Lambourn
Equipment Used : CRT SS9900, CRT ONE N, CRT Electro, UV-5r, B550p, HP-202, Sirio 4000, T2lT, Sharmans X-50, Diamond A430....and many bits of wire.

PostSubject: Re: Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....   power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 10:58 pm

43CT016 wrote:
Anderson Power Poles...almost the defacto standard for Amateur Radio. Very Happy
Cheers Jeff,

Got straight on to Farnells and ordered some. They arrived today and are exactly what I need.

Thanks again,

Simon.

43CT016 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....   power - Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simple power plugs for the CRT Electro?....
Page 1 of 1