Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Antenna Required.
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeToday at 5:20 pm by Victor

» First dx in 40 plus years
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeToday at 3:36 pm by Victor

» 10m dxcc ......
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeToday at 1:58 pm by SangueG

» Antenna Advice.....?
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeToday at 1:49 pm by SangueG

» Multimode mobile antenna
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:36 am by peewee norfolk

» New member call sign request (Issued)
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 am by Victor

» New call sign request (Issued)
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 pm by John123

» Call Sign Request (Issued)
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm by Jimnic333

» had a change around
Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am by SangueG

Keywords
2022 call sign Baofeng ALINCO callsign chart lincoln meter display power Mckinley 9900 Mobile supply software president yaesu list 6900 2023 anytone frequency ss9900 antenna Sirio
QRZ Database

Soon to be back on air

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drjekyll

Call Sign : 26-CT-4714
Times Thanked : 0
QTH or Location : Ashford in Surrey (not kent)
Equipment Used : In the late 80’s Harrier CBC + some midland gear

Soon to be back on air Empty
PostSubject: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2022 6:43 pm

well to the plunge and ordered myself a CRT SS9900 and mobile twig, So just gotta learn how to use it and find someone to talk to when I am out and about in my van, I am based in West london just by Heathrow,

Can the call sign list be downloaded?

John 
26 CT 4714

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2022 9:37 pm

Nice one Drjekyll,You won’t be disappointed with the CRT 9900,Cracking radio for the Money.Can I ask what antenna your going to use with it and somewhere on here I saw a list on the Charlie Tango callsigns.I’m sure someone will let you know whereabouts.So get up a bit of high ground,tune to
27.555 usb and turn that RF Power up.I’m sure your be pleasantly surprised who you hear and talk too
Cheers Tom
26CT4029 (Blackheath London)
Back to top Go down
Drjekyll

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2022 9:48 pm

I have ordered a Sirio Hipower 4000 , recommend by Kights

glenn dog likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2022 9:57 pm

Fantastic antenna Drjekyll..
Back to top Go down
stephen Gunrunner
Major contributor
Major contributor
stephen Gunrunner

Call Sign : 26CT526/MR021/M6XXX.
Times Thanked : 10
QTH or Location : wooler north northumberland or some were near it
Equipment Used : mobile 4000hp base A99 radio base magnum257hp mobile magnum 257 standed power

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 3:07 pm

A great radio i had one its my young bros now, never run flat out try a fan on it to just to keep cool, as the heat will kill it,  and if its home based a 35 amp psu the mike that comes with them not the best mine was droping chans when i keyed tx. so i got a good power echo mike from knights telcom 1000 power echo mike turn the echo of and its then a power  up to 3 and you will get out very well, my mobile  is sirio 4000hp and 5000 turbo both fantastic antennas my base is Antron 99 not the best but we had the high winds this year and it still up and no bends and swr 1.3 and i am happy, Enjoy the great hobby Very Happy santa

GaryWilson and glenn dog like this post

Back to top Go down
Drjekyll

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 6:15 pm

Its all arrived, half installed in my van, just got to run a power supply, hope to be on the air tommorow pm,

Whats my best way of testing the install?
Back to top Go down
Sharpshooter
Major contributor
Major contributor
Sharpshooter

Call Sign : 163-CT-329
Times Thanked : 13
QTH or Location : Flintshire
Equipment Used : A growing list

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 6:43 pm

stephen Gunrunner wrote:
A great radio i had one its my young bros now, never run flat out try a fan on it to just to keep cool, as the heat will kill it,  and if its home based a 35 amp psu the mike that comes with them not the best mine was droping chans when i keyed tx. so i got a good power echo mike from knights telcom 1000 power echo mike turn the echo of and its then a power  up to 3 and you will get out very well, my mobile  is sirio 4000hp and 5000 turbo both fantastic antennas my base is Antron 99 not the best but we had the high winds this year and it still up and no bends and swr 1.3 and i am happy, Enjoy the great hobby Very Happy santa

Are you getting mixed up with the 6900 mic ? Mine works fine on the 9900 and only read good reports. The 6900 I've read is a different mic and not as good.

Good shout on a power mic though.
Does a power mic punch out more on sideband since its voice driven ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be back on air   Soon to be back on air Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soon to be back on air
Page 1 of 1