Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Giving PMR 446 Another Whirl
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeToday at 12:19 am by John123

» Galaxy Saturn modification ( -5khz )
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:54 pm by John123

» Static/noise
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:10 pm by John123

» President Himalaya wb half wave
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:45 pm by John79

» South Coast PMR net report
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 pm by Razz229

» New shack in operation.
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:46 pm by VanRougeT4

» 11m conditions
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:50 pm by John123

» Your Amateur station is unique....but just how good is it?
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:15 pm by Victor

» Gainmaster 5/8
FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 5:06 pm by madmax

Keywords
chart display list yaesu ss9900 anytone software sign Baofeng antenna Mckinley 2022 9900 2024 president frequency Sirio ALINCO Mobile lincoln callsign 2023 call power meter 6900
QRZ Database

FT8 Settings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Call Sign : 26-CT-4694, M7EUS
Times Thanked : 14
QTH or Location : Dorchester UK
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 4:13 pm

After a few teething problems, mainly my new USB sound card cutting out, I have FT8 up and running, I even made my first QSO with someone in Spain.

I have looking in the settings and can't find anything for number of CQ calls or a time between calls, I want to limit it to 3 calls if at all possible or call once every minute or so. As it is, it keeps calling until I stop TXing, otherwise I will have to do it manually and not use the Auto Sequence, small niggle I know, but it would make life easier for a beginner like me. Tips and suggestions on a postcard to the usual forum thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 5:09 pm

Don't think you can alter the calling.
It's a 15 second cycle on ft8 and 7.5 seconds on ft4 well it calls for 15 listens for 15 or 7.5 then 7.5.
It will only call for so many attempts can't remember the stock amount i think i have mine set at 20 and if no contact is made it will stop. 
If contact is made then it stops after the 73s exchange.
Victor might have some tip's as well.
Back to top Go down
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

Equipment Used : Yaesu FT950, 66FT Endfed Antenna, Various Other Bits and Pieces

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Alan, have looked through and think I am being a little special, can't see where number of attempts is listed. Could you tell me where that is?
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 6:30 pm

As Alan pointed out, just go to settings and on the 'General' tab it's 'Tx Watchdog' and you set a time limit
The problem with only 3 calls at a time is that you could miss contacts that are already in a call with another station who could get back to you when that one is complete.

I have mine set to 5 mins, but even that is possibly too low. Just yesterday on the 8th CQ I had Taiwan answer and we completed the contact.
That one came out of the blue as my nearest spot on PSK reporter was Kazakhstan! Shocked Cool Very Happy

Ah just thought are you using WSJTX or a some other software, if some other then I can't help as I'm a tight fisted old bugger and don't pay unless I have to. Embarassed Wink

Good FT8ing,
Tony
Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
13oots2
Major contributor
Major contributor

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 7:06 pm

Don't know why, I thought WJTX was the only software, have downloaded and installed JTDX. It seems to me to be much more featured than WJTX and have it configured the way I want, it even works with GridTracker which is brilliant.

I was watching GridTracker last night and about the only continent I didn't see was Antarctica. Am surprised at how well my endfed is working inside my flat. Onwards and upward's from here.
Back to top Go down
Tonyvic
Major contributor
Major contributor
Tonyvic

Call Sign : 26-CT-4013/M7DVQ
QTH or Location : Brighton, East Sussex
Equipment Used : Yaesu 991a - Imax 2000 - CRT Electro - Sharman X50

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 7:10 pm

I shouldn't assume should I, my assumption was based on the Hams I talk to and 7 out of 9 use WSJTX.
I also use Gridtracker and use that to send each contact in real time to QRZ.

Have fun, I am.
Back to top Go down
https://allradio.co.uk
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 69
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7300,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 7:51 pm

JTDX for me i think it's the better program.
Click on number 2 calling list thingy better than 1 2 3 4 5 6.
Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 9:11 pm

13oots2 wrote:
Don't know why, I thought WJTX was the only software, have downloaded and installed JTDX. It seems to me to be much more featured than WJTX and have it configured the way I want, it even works with GridTracker which is brilliant.

I was watching GridTracker last night and about the only continent I didn't see was Antarctica. Am surprised at how well my endfed is working inside my flat. Onwards and upward's from here.

There is MSHV as well.
Back to top Go down
Ivy Mike
Major contributor
Major contributor
Ivy Mike

Call Sign : 26CT4113/G1HWY
QTH or Location : IO90uv
Equipment Used : ICOM radios/antenna farm

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 9:17 pm

13oots2 wrote:
After a few teething problems, mainly my new USB sound card cutting out, I have FT8 up and running, I even made my first QSO with someone in Spain.

I have looking in the settings and can't find anything for number of CQ calls or a time between calls, I want to limit it to 3 calls if at all possible or call once every minute or so. As it is, it keeps calling until I stop TXing, otherwise I will have to do it manually and not use the Auto Sequence, small niggle I know, but it would make life easier for a beginner like me. Tips and suggestions on a postcard to the usual forum thread Laughing

IMO call CQ many times the odd call may go unnoticed.

I have called upto a dozen times before some one wants to have a qso.

Don't be upset or worry because there is no reply.
If no reply look around and work some one calling CQ.

Or even tailend onto a station when they send RR73.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FT8 Settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: FT8 Settings   FT8 Settings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FT8 Settings
Page 1 of 1