Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join in with the fun of the Charlie Tango DX Group Summer 10m Challenge - from April 1st 2024
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» Callsign request for division 45 (Issued)
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeToday at 12:53 am by stalker

» Hello everyone
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeToday at 12:22 am by M0TEC

» 10m DXCC Summer Challenge contacts 2024
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:08 pm by John H

» Call sign request
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:42 pm by nmasterson

» CAll Sign for division 26 (Issued)
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:15 pm by Rizzer100

» Replacement K-PO DX5000 Microphone
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:42 pm by Lynton

» I moved to new city (Actioned)
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:34 pm by GaryWilson

» RE:TC call sign
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:04 pm by Nick100

» Crossing the pond
CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:52 am by Dutchie19

Keywords
lincoln 9900 antenna Sirio frequency anytone 6900 meter ALINCO software 2023 yaesu supply call ss9900 president Mckinley Baofeng list display Mobile chart callsign power sign 2022
QRZ Database

CMOS Programmable CTCSS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victor
CT Directors
CT Directors
Victor

Call Sign : 26-CT-3228 / M7VIC
Times Thanked : 352
QTH or Location : Bedford
Equipment Used : Various

CMOS Programmable CTCSS Empty
PostSubject: CMOS Programmable CTCSS   CMOS Programmable CTCSS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 10:38 am

Hi All,

A while back I had made my own CTCSS tone encoder circuitry to fit to a couple of ancient 2m radios so that they could access the local repeaters in my vicinity. Links to those postings are as follows :-

https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/t3088-homebrew-ctcss-tone-encoder

https://charlietangodxgroup.forumotion.com/t3478-homebrew-ctcss-tone-encoder-for-my-yaesu-ft290r

I've had quite a few enquiries about these circuits since posting them from many people around the world and glad that I was able to help others drag their old radios into the modern world too. CMOS Programmable CTCSS 1f44d

However, I've still had a fair few people ask about 'programmable' units and always responded with links to typical microprocessor circuitry which as mentioned before does require the use of a computer, suitable programmer and the skills to perform the required procedures. Feeling that I hadn't helped much I scoured every resource I could think of to see if there was a 'programmable' alternative circuit that would provide a solution....

Luckily I came across an article by IZ1ANS - Antonio Iuliano in an old edition of VHF Communications magazine published back in 2010.

An archive copy can be found at the wonderful World Radio History with the following link :-

https://worldradiohistory.com/

Just go down to the menu on the left until you get to 'V' then select the 'VHF Communications' link and look for Edition 2, 2010.

I'll include a couple of pictures clipped from that article here just in case it helps others further.....

Firstly the Schematic/Circuit Diagram :-

CMOS Programmable CTCSS Cmos_c10

Secondly the 'programming' or jumper settings for appropriate CTCSS tones :-

CMOS Programmable CTCSS Cmos_c11

It's quite an ingenious circuit utilising a typical or ubiquitous 'watch' oscillator crystal along with use of an 8-bit pre-settable binary counter. Set the jumpers for the tone you want and away you go. CMOS Programmable CTCSS 1f44d

Anyway, more of my 'waffle' but hopefully it comes in use to someone at some point.

Plus I can just simply provide a link to this posting now the next time I get an email enquiry. Wink

All the best,
Victor

M7VIC

glenn dog and Ace like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.qrz.com/db/M7VIC

CMOS Programmable CTCSS
Page 1 of 1