Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Charlie Tango DX Group. The home of ALL things Radio - CB, 11m DX, Amateur, PMR446, PLD, Network and Data. We welcome all radio enthusiasts of all knowledge levels. Join today and claim your own unique World Famous CT Call-sign

HomeEventsCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
Useful Radio Sites
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
CT Bill Board

Views This Year
All Time Views
Classified Adverts

Latest topics
» South Coast PMR net report
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:51 pm by Razz229

» requesting a a ct call sign
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:29 pm by Livelee2025

» Call Sign request (Information Requested)
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:04 pm by GaryWilson

» Call sign request (Issued)
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:53 pm by GaryWilson

» quiet modulation
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:56 pm by Poikey

» Are you sitting comfortably?
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:30 am by Alan Pilot

» Call sign request (Issued)
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 10:37 pm by John123

» 991-A wideband mod
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 8:47 pm by Toloc999

» HF Contacts 10m
Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 8:07 am by SangueG

Keywords
sign antenna lincoln 2024 ss9900 ALINCO display call anytone meter software supply Mckinley 2023 9900 chart power president 6900 frequency 2022 2011 callsign list Sirio yaesu
QRZ Database

Are you sitting comfortably?

Go down 
+4
John123
Hotel Zulu 253
Alan Pilot
Victor
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mitch
Contributor
Contributor
Mitch

Call Sign : M1TCH
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Wigston, Leicestershire.
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-857D, Diamond V2000, Major 3000, President Jackson Mk1 Export, Lafayette AFS-1005, K40 mic, KL203, B550P and Sirio GPE 27 ⅝λ.

Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 11:48 am

I've tried and tried to remove the gas shocks from office chairs for several years without success and ended up just buying a new chair at great expense, which was OK when I was working, I had one that lasted 5 years, the best chair I ever had, but still couldn't remove the gas shock when it went, the wheels broke too so I got rid.

Ever since then the shocks only seem to last about a year, or less, on all the chairs I've bought since. I retired a few years ago and I spend 12-14 hours a day now in front of my radio and computer so the chairs have more use. I'm only 12st so not much padding on the rear but I do like to be comfy and I like a decent height so I can put my feet up on my desk as well.

Well, I found a solution to getting the gas shocks out now - oil - yes really, a couple of drops on the base and top of the shock and left for a couple of days to soak in and it works! A wack or two with a mallet on the base and pipe wrench to wriggle the top out and it all comes free, much to my surprise, so I was able to replace the shock on my old chair. I got a slightly longer one as the old one wasn't quite high enough and hey presto, captains chair revived. I'm well happy with it.

When shopping for the new shock I also discovered all sorts of spares, like bases and wheels to replace old ones so I may never buy another chair for a while if I can keep this one going for longer, I wish I'd looked into this sooner, I could've saved a fortune.

Victor likes this post

Back to top Go down
VanRougeT4
Senior contributor
Senior contributor
VanRougeT4

Call Sign : G1DBS - F4WEY
Times Thanked : 12
QTH or Location : Montreuil sur Mer
Equipment Used : XIEGU G90 + XIEGU XPA125B amp.

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Alan Pilot wrote:
God i feel old lol.
Never had the beads but had all the other bits.
And Castrol GTX oil when that came on the market.

A Smurf, and the dangly tiger's tail?  Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 1f60d 

Deb
Back to top Go down
Alan Pilot
Major contributor
Major contributor
Alan Pilot

Call Sign : 163-CT-220...
Times Thanked : 70
QTH or Location : Anglesey North Wales
Equipment Used : Yaesu FT-991A,,Yaesu FTDX-10,,Icom ic-7610,,Anytone AT-D878UV PLUS",,LINCOLN II+.

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:30 am

VanRougeT4 wrote:
Alan Pilot wrote:
God i feel old lol.
Never had the beads but had all the other bits.
And Castrol GTX oil when that came on the market.

A Smurf, and the dangly tiger's tail?  Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 1f60d 

Deb
lol
Remember them well Deb.

VanRougeT4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you sitting comfortably?   Are you sitting comfortably? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you sitting comfortably?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlie Tango 11m DX Radio Group Forum :: Help and Discussion Forums :: Additional Equipment-
Jump to: